• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lloyds tsb cca request - my journey

angel_1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya all

have requested my cca for the credit card, i await and will update you if i get anything back from them

ciao for now MAZ:)

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi,

we are in the same boat. i requested my CCA agreement on 4th oct, letter sent by recorded delivery. one request was for credit card, pre 1997, and the other a loan over 25k. i gather the CCA does not apply to credit over 25k :(

they have finally responded today (the 12th working day after my request). they sent me the terms and conditions "which apply to" my account. they also stated that they are not oblidged to provide me with a copy of my "original application" though one has been ordered and will arrive shortly.

i suspect they will send me my application, but thats not an agreement, its like an offer but only my signature?

have they failed to comply with my request, if so, under what grounds?

i am a newbie, any advice chaps.

regards

• 3 weeks later...

hiya update guys - nothing received upto today

today is the 16th working day after i posted my cca request, i have proof of delivery with signature,

i have paid last months payment, but this month i was rather waiting on the cca,

im tempted to not remind them and not pay and see what happens

i know i can send them a reminder today so should i so then informing them im not obliged to pay until they supply?

its one of my higher ones but also its connected to my complaint in the branch when i went to pay my bill in september, which im still awaiting on a reply!

so over to you see whats best course to take today many thanks

ciao maz

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

bumping up any advice on my previous post pls ta muchly maz

hi,

we are in the same boat. i requested my CCA agreement on 4th oct, letter sent by recorded delivery. one request was for credit card, pre 1997, and the other a loan over 25k. i gather the CCA does not apply to credit over 25k :(

they have finally responded today (the 12th working day after my request). they sent me the terms and conditions "which apply to" my account. they also stated that they are not oblidged to provide me with a copy of my "original application" though one has been ordered and will arrive shortly.

i suspect they will send me my application, but thats not an agreement, its like an offer but only my signature?

have they failed to comply with my request, if so, under what grounds?

i am a newbie, any advice chaps.

regards

hello sexon

like you see ive posted still had no reply from them,,, i would suggest you start your own thread like ive done under the lloyds bank section copy your post you have put here and then you will get more experienced caggers to reply on your thread and you keep all the information on one thread

believe me if you dont have your own thread it starts to get quite confusing, im confused with all my own threads never mind others lol

let me know if you have any problems, i dont know what other advice i can give you as im really new to all this myself, just self learning and being guided by the helpful people who are experienced here,

have you obtained any proof from the royal mail that they have actually received your letter?

cheerio for now MAZ

update

no cca and no acknowledgement received def over the 12+2 days time,

so im due to pay this months payment, guess i could leave alone see if i can get a payment holiday ,,,,, or even better no cca or an unenforceable one,,,,

its one of my larger ones and im a bit worried about this one

catch up in the week ciao for now maz

Hi Maz,

Lloyds don't seem to be very good at complying, do they? I've been waiting two months for mine. Like you this is one of my larger debts, so I am worried; even more so today as I received a default notice! Cheeky b's - they've been in default for 6 weeks. To cap it all, when I spoke to them on the phone when they called asking for payment, I told them I had responded in writing, they apologised, said they had a 5 week backlog on letters and to do nothing until I had a reply to my letter. Even told me not to pay the token £1 - I now think they were deliberately setting me up:mad:

I just hope that the reason they don't comply with CCA requests is because they know they don't have enforceable agreements.

I'll keep following your thread and pass on anything I think will help:)

hiya underdog13

thanks for the update, i was actually wondering what to do on this one, i think maybe might be best to keep a paper trail going - as they have a backlog, (still not had my lloyds complaint resolved, nearly coming upto 8 weeks and after that i can go to the fos) having a paper trail on this cca might just fit in nicely with my overall complaint to the fos if i have to do that ( see my other lloyds thread)

ive got a letter that was given to me before i will use and thus add that as they are in default and not complied, i will be choosing not to pay anything until they comply correctly

will update you if i get anything too ciao for now MAZ:)

hello all

well i need to take some kind of action tomorrow re this, still no cca or any acknowledgment and im getting letters telling me im 2 months in arrears as ive not paid them, just to test the waters as they are def in default of my cca

so - either do i

1. send them a dispute letter and tell them no payments until i get my cca

or

2. dont bother with them, and send my complaint direct to oft and see what i get back from oft

3. or put in a formal complaint to lloyds and tell them not paying

4. or keep quiet...... and wait on default? court action? a dca? or bankruptcy? or a home visit? or what else?

as its one of my higher ones, i really dont want any court action but i feel that as they have not given me what is my legal request, could i be cheeky and send them 1.00 on a postal order as a full and final settlement, if they cash the postal order its as if they have accepted,,,,oh no, could i really get away with it? lol

anyway off to bed, need to have an early start so i await on your good advice as always fellow caggers, keep happy ciao for now MAZ

hiya underdog

well thats my fear now primarly, looking at further threads advising still to continue to pay to give the oc chance to get back to you, at least i know that a default for the missing payments would first need to be sent to me to remedy the breach before they either terminate fully the agreement or continue hassling me,

its what lexis has put on another thread this morning that whilst not paying its helping in one way but in another its giving the oc the chance to place the default, whilst others will not bother with this as a problem, i have to believe we all have to look at our own circumstances

im going to put a formal complaint in, i think this at least shows im giving them the chance to investigate the dispute and advise them to hold all action on this account until they supply the cca which is my legal request and legal right, i can then deal with their responce after and look at all options

i hope that makes sense, ciao for now MAZ

hiya all

got an interesting letter from them today, that in view of current difficulties, me the world and its dog

made some changes to my cca agreement,

but i still have not had my cca, so going to now send the dispute letter and see what then happens.

has anyone else had similar??

ciao for now MAZ

hey lexis,,,,the devil is coming,,,,lol

anyway just been told on underdog thread by creditcardmug that lloyds sending out the letter to all and sundry so could be perhaps the meeting they had with government this week? to be fairer to customers in times of difficulty etc

so im off to finalise my account in dispute letter now and sending that off

and there was me feeling all special and loved this morning,,,,,

ciao maz

Believe me, from experience of dealing with a number of banks, some do believe they are a law unto themselves.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Maz,

I sent the dispute letter to them and missed 3 payments - got a default notice in return; issued whilst they were in default of my CCA request.....

hiya underdog

whats the latets on this then, is the default valid though?? have you checked this

hmme, ive been threatened with this. so i guess, i have to do the dispute letter now just so i have the paper trail and record

any other options, other than sending a cheeky full and final, since they need the money far more than me,,,

and they havent sent me my cca,,,,,,

laters MAZ

Hi Maz,

unfortunately the default notice is valid - just my luck, lol. Not heard anything further from them yet and still not received my cca.

Thing is though, I signed an application form for a mastercard card; some years down the line they decided to swop this for a visa card. I don't recall signing any further agreements for the new visa - praying that may have some bearing!

Kind regards,

Underdog

• 2 weeks later...

hello all

just had a very generic letter from lloyds reminding me that they havent had my payment and to pay immediatly, or tell them if im unable to maintain future payments

if i dont contact them or bring payments upto date their special arrangement will come to an end and the t and c payments will then be due (oh yeah when they finally furnish me with an enforceable agreement) lol

if im in financial difficulties or would like free advice - In Addition to what they are providing me with>>> available from other debt agencies cab etc etc

even being called dear sir/madam, my title would have easily given the game away to what i actually was! how rude!!! lmbo

So here we go again, another dispute letter and complaint i think now - well that might stir them a bit quicker than my other complaint with them that only took 3 months for a final responce letter,,,,,,,

happy holidays and wish you all a lucky 2009

i will accept any other advice from you all that you think would help

laters angel x :cool:

:cool:

Merry Christmas and a happy (and lucky) New Year, Angel:)

thanks underdog

oh yeah, we all need a bit of good luck...

i just feel next year has gotta to be better than this one :cool:

laters all

angel x

looks like we have another creditor in commen angel_1:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/156033-blind-clark-mitchell-lloyds.html

Lloyds TSB will ignore any and all communication from you that they can, so will there sols, they will even deny recieving any letters from you at all and try paint you as the "unreasonable" one in all of it by never responding to any of there letters of offers of help and creating a paper trail to that effect, they did with me:rolleyes:

Trouble is they didnt bank on me having signed delivery slips for my replies to them:wink:

Strangly they have gone quiet since i told them that, and sent copies, together with a very stern telling off for playing silly games:D

I am sure they will be back though:roll:

• Haha 1

That's a pity.

Thanks VG, it sure is a pity. Seems they are starting to get their act together on this issue.

Still no CCA though, and I originally took out a mastercard which they swapped to a visa - now how can an agreement for one type of card cover a completely different type of card?