Lloyds tsb cca request - my journey

angel_1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Underdog, really there was no technical jiggery pokery involved in my explanation.. I have it written down :oops: courtesy of another CAGGer:D I also have detailed instructions on how to work the video, stereo and doorbell:oops: so if you need any assistance in those departments.. just yell:p

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:DFunny thing is I can work all my other electrical stuff; even set up, tune in and connect TVs and DVD recorders, etc

Just couldn't get link to work:confused: Mind you my computer has decided not to paste properly which doesn't help!?! When I click on paste the cursor just jumps a few blank spaces - very weird. Think my computer is as stressed out as I am:p

• 2 weeks later...

hello everyone just thought id put up an update

well still no cca and looking at my original request it is some months now, i believe i really need to do a dispute letter now and send it next day special delivery, cos i really dont trust them anymore

they have sent me my statement and advised i need to pay them as i havent !!!

so further from my earlier post number 39 - anything else anyone wants to add or sent me a punchy letter to send them pls?

many thanks and of course they are still adding interest onto the account arghhhhhhhh

laters angel x

Edited by angel_1

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Congrats also for passing the 1000 post mark Angel.. seems there are a few milestones being passed on here tonight! :)

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Congrats also for passing the 1000 post mark Angel.. seems there are a few milestones being passed on here tonight! :)

blimey davey - i really didnt notice, oh many thanks for that i feel quite chuffed, i hope i have given as much good info as ive received, but forever learning lol

hope you are doing okay, im just in a spin with everything at the moment, and feel i need to move things along,,,,

have a fun eve laters angel x:cool:

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hiya Angel,

still haven't received my CCA from Lloyds yet either - last I heard was a letter early December 2008 stating that they were reviewing their response to CCA requests. Guess by reviewing they meant ignoring;) Have you heard from the delightful ****, yet?

I've been defaulted and I'm praying for termination -whilst they are still in default of course:D Interestingly, they have stopped charging me any interest at all. Curiouser and curiouser said Alice...

hello everyone just thought id put up an update

well still no cca and looking at my original request it is some months now, i believe i really need to do a dispute letter now and send it next day special delivery, cos i really dont trust them anymore

they have sent me my statement and advised i need to pay them as i havent !!!

so further from my earlier post number 39 - anything else anyone wants to add or sent me a punchy letter to send them pls?

many thanks and of course they are still adding interest onto the account arghhhhhhhh

laters angel x

If it's been months since your original CCA request and you don't have anything then i would be going for something a little stronger than just another dispute letter.

An LBA for starters or if you prefer perhaps going down the CPR route first as in PT's thread?

I would also start charging them for the time you have spent pursuing this matter with them. I intend to start doing that myself:

Your time's worth £10 an hour if your bank or finance company causes unfair problems - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Personally i would say a good letter, after printing, photocopying, research to include legislative quotations and postal costs that an hour for each letter is very reasonable. I have 28 letters since my original CCA request with Halifax = £280 invoice will be included in my next correspondence.

A quick search for 'invoice' on google images reveals several which can be adapted to your own needs with photoshop, replacing details with your own requirements!

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Well, I CCA'd Lloyds 3 months ago and still nothing, so have now complained to Financial Ombudsman and local Trading Standards.

Lloyds have sent my card account to their Collections Dept, but all I've had from them is one limp letter a month ago...

Charlie

Won so far....

Lloyds Bank - £8500

Lloyds Mastercard - £800

Egg - £1500

Cahoot - £1500

HFC - £180

GE Money - £600

Midshires - £1100

Friends, family & neighbours I've helped - £5000+!!

Currently working on...

Charges:

Lloyds (again) £2200

CCA:

Lloyds (yawn) & Egg

hiya all many thanks for your kind responces

underdog, - so they didnt have you on any plan then, just stopped the interest on your account that is curious, so you havnet paid them so once terminated that then would put you in a good position?

davey - when you said;

"""An LBA for starters or if you prefer perhaps going down the CPR route first as in PT's thread?"""

yes ive reading about the cpr on pt's thread but am i getting confused that i would have to start a legal case to use the cpr? or could i now at the postition im at just sent the cpr request isnt it part of the lba?

Rathercross Charlie, - so you didnt both to send any dispute letters just complained directly to fos and ts?

I am actually waiting on my ts to contact me for an appointment im willing to go and see them and get them to record all my dilemmas -

anyway have a fun day and will check later for your kind updates cheers angel x

Angel,

I sent initial CCA, followed by "you haven't responded - you are now in default" letter.

I had a few harassing calls from collections centre, then wrote quoting chapter & verse re harassment on an unprovable debt and have heard nothing since.

Complaint to FOS and TS is to try and force their hand....

Charlie

Won so far....

Lloyds Bank - £8500

Lloyds Mastercard - £800

Egg - £1500

Cahoot - £1500

HFC - £180

GE Money - £600

Midshires - £1100

Friends, family & neighbours I've helped - £5000+!!

Currently working on...

Charges:

Lloyds (again) £2200

CCA:

Lloyds (yawn) & Egg

Hi angel

I think with the CPR the idea is that you request the information that you may use if you decided to go to court. It's kind of to see whether you have a case, not necessarily because you are going to start one.

That said, I have doubts about going in full throttle with it to begin with, as it does seem quite a heavy tactic (we have established however that I'm a big 'ol wuss pants with this sort of thing:D). However, if you've been given the run-around for months it's less likely they've got anything worth having so the CPR becomes a better way to do things (in my view anyway:)), seeing as the regulatory bodies don't seem to even feign an interest in CCA complaints!

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

hiya lexis

thanks for your reply much appreciated

im guessing i really do need to at least respond with a dispute letter and that until they comply with my legal cca requst the account is in dispute, and that i will not correspond with them any further until i rec the correct and legal information

until then i sit tight im guessing?

catch up laters angel x

davey - when you said;

"""An LBA for starters or if you prefer perhaps going down the CPR route first as in PT's thread?"""

yes ive reading about the cpr on pt's thread but am i getting confused that i would have to start a legal case to use the cpr? or could i now at the postition im at just sent the cpr request isnt it part of the lba?

Sorry, that was not accurate of me. Any CPR requests would be before an LBA. In asking for information under the CPR you would be trying to access the merits of any future Court action you may take and to show the Court (should you eventually have to begin the Court process later on) you have taken all reasonable steps to avoid Court Action and therefore avoid wasting the Courts valuable time.

My plan is to follow the first 2 CPR letters (giving the lender ample time to comply), followed by (should the lender fail to comply) a request to the Court to order disclosure. Then go from there depending on what happens.

I am actually waiting on my ts to contact me for an appointment im willing to go and see them and get them to record all my dilemmas -

As you have TS taking notice of you then i would go with that and hope they are on the ball but don't give them forever or let them fob you off. If you find they are useless or time is dragging on for them to get their finger out then go with the CPR.

anyway have a fun day and will check later for your kind updates cheers angel x

RatherCrossCharlie: The FOS will not uphold any complaint regarding the supply of legal documentation. Always worth making a complaint to show you consider the account to be in dispute etc but don't rely in them to be fair or treat you without prejudice;

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/FOSHalifax.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/FOSHalifax_0001.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/FOSMint.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/Cap1FOS1.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/Cap1FOS2.jpg

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

hiya davey

okay i feel i understand the cpr better now, but in reality i could also leave that until i do get any proper court papers to defend myself i then can ask the cpr couldnt i?

yes i think i will stick with ts as i dont feel fos will really do anything any better

thanks for the effort in your reply much appreciated

So for my paper trail i best do a proper Dispute letter telling them im not paying anymore until i get a reply containing my proper executed agreement

cheers angel x

Yes keep the paper trail going. Won't hurt.

And you could wait for them to take Court Action and involve the CPR at that time. Just depends on how likely you think they are going to be in taking any action. Been asking some of my creditors point blank for well over a year and they are just not going to oblige :)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

underdog, - so they didnt have you on any plan then, just stopped the interest on your account that is curious, so you havnet paid them so once terminated that then would put you in a good position?

Hi Angel,

no I wasn't on any plan. I had low interest balance transfers, sent off cca request, had one phone call, told telephone bod I had sent them a letter; he apologised said there would be no more phone calls and that I didn't have to make a payment until they replied to my letter! Not sure if they were trying to trip me up (I'm a suspicious ol' so and so;)), so I made token payments of £1 as a gesture of goodwill until I see the agreement - thought that would look beter if it went to court.

Lloyds continued to charge the low balance transfer interest rates (to my surprise), but the latest statement I received from them is charging no interest whatsoever! Odd! Received letter early Decemeber saying they were reviewing their response to CCA requests. Had a DN and a letter from their solicitors making the usual dire threats; all while they were in default of my CCA request:D I'm trying to ascertain whether or not they have terminated, then and only then will I point out to them that they terminated while they were in default.

Have solved the mystery of zero interest charged by Lloyds; tucked away in corner of latest statement; 'Lloyds has instructed MHA to collect on this debt'. Oh have you now? And whilst Lloyds are STILL in default of my CCA request - how very very dare they (to paraphrase Catherine Tate;))

Quite apart from breaching OFT guidelines, I'd say this also infringes CPUT regs, especially as they give no contact details for MHA other than a telephone number. They don't even say who MHA are exactly - I'm assuming they mean Makenzie Hall Ass; one of the more repulsive parasitic weevils of the DCA world.

I've been using a softly, softly reasonable approach in case this gets to court, thinking it would look better to a judge. Now think that's a mistake - the way to deal with sharks is give them a ruddy great thump on the nose and keep thumping 'til they foxtrot oscar. The velvet gloves come off today and the boxing gloves go on:mad:

Don't mean to hijack your thread, Angel - just wanted to give you a heads up as to how they procede.

hiya underdog hijack away its the only way we will all learn

i sent the dispute letter and i will get proof when they rec and i will then await,

think time for you to report them to Everyone you can think of

i guess they are trying to get rid of debts one way or another since the shares hit a blast of cold wind today

let the battle commence,,,,,,,

united we stand

keep positive and dare i say it Rocky here you come lol

laters angel x;)

Hi Angel,

I sent the dispute letter months ago - they ignored it completely.

Will be making formal complaints to all and sundry as soon as I've found out whether they've terminated or not.

I would have thought they'd be less worried about bad debts now, considering the insurance scheme they are being offered.

Yep, Rocky is about right, lol - if you hybridised him with Boudicca;)

Will stay positive - I'll only stop fighting if and when the appeals judge finds against me.

Have solved the mystery of zero interest charged by Lloyds; tucked away in corner of latest statement; 'Lloyds has instructed MHA to collect on this debt'. Oh have you now? And whilst Lloyds are STILL in default of my CCA request - how very very dare they (to paraphrase Catherine Tate;))

Quite apart from breaching OFT guidelines, I'd say this also infringes CPUT regs, especially as they give no contact details for MHA other than a telephone number. They don't even say who MHA are exactly - I'm assuming they mean Makenzie Hall Ass; one of the more repulsive parasitic weevils of the DCA world.

I've been using a softly, softly reasonable approach in case this gets to court, thinking it would look better to a judge. Now think that's a mistake - the way to deal with sharks is give them a ruddy great thump on the nose and keep thumping 'til they foxtrot oscar. The velvet gloves come off today and the boxing gloves go on:mad:

Don't mean to hijack your thread, Angel - just wanted to give you a heads up as to how they procede.

Underdog, MHA Collections is a Trading Name of Lloyds TSB.. just another collection agent, based in Windsor.:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Keep your sprit's up, i have been ongoing with over a dozen DCA's instructed by Lloyds TSB for over six years the last of which has given up after a CCA in November and finally returned me back to Lloyd's. I look at all the charges and now i think i am going to stop all payments on my three debt's and call there bluff. Thats token payments for over six years on 2 loans and a cc debt, between £1k to £3k after there charges and i have no CCJ's or a single court appearance to date. I am now at the stage where i think if they could have done something they would have done it by now and i am demanding full statment's and CCA's on all debt's owed just to be sure of whats going on. I have my own thred but just wanted to lend some support.

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon

I'm in similar boat sent CCA to Lloyds, had the fob off "we're reviewing the way we do these", sent account in dispute letter, about to send harrasment letter re calls from their collections dept. I've also recevied a default notice.

From my experiences their collections area are clueless, keep saying they've no record of any dispute blah blah and that i should chase them up to see whats happening. My simple reply to that has been i have letters of acknowledgement so i'll wait for them to reply. Oh and they also say they'll continue to call no matter what - nice people.

After all of this i'm still concerned as ultimately yes they are rubbish at replying, dealing with things in a timely manner if at all, however at the end of the day its me who has now been defaulted and i'm sure that in the future when i explain a default to anyone i'll be laughed at by saying its due to lloyds not getting their fingers out. What i mean is the longer this takes to resolve one way or the other the worse it gets for me/us. Sadly i don't have an answer to this.

Hi Roppa,

bear in mind that the longer they take to respond to your statutory request, the worse it reflects on them too:)

They seem to be sending out those 'reviewing' letters as standard at the moment - makes you wonder what they're up to!?! If they have a valid agreement, why don't they just send it out? If their department is so busy, why not hire more staff? In case they hadn't noticed, a lot of people are looking for work at the moment.

Hopefully it's a good sign that they haven't supplied our agreements after so long.

Edited by underdog13