Welcome/Cohens - case withdrawn ***WOO-HOO ***

Prudence
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I suggest you send a copy of the discontinued order with any future correspondence.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HI All,

With fantastic help on these forums (especially postggj) I was able to get a CCJ from Welcome set aside and the case was 'Discontinued' by Welcome at the last stage before trial.

The main reason we ever got into arrears in the first place with them was becasue of PPI not coming up with the goods when we needed it ('pre-existing' condition which we disputed, but never got anywhere with, ended up several months in arrears). We were missold and I would like to set about claiming it back. I have no idea how or what we can claim back, I have the credit agreement etc with all the figures but they are so confusing and as we actually never completed the the loan repayments, I don't know how much of the PPI we can claim. Can anyone help? Also can you point me to a template for the letter I need to send.

Many thanks, Pru

Hi post, when you get a chance please have a look at #269 above and let me know what you think. I'm also anxious to get the ball rolling on claiming back the missold PPI from Welcome/Direct/Norwich Union, since it was because they didn't pay out when we needed it that got us into the mess in the first place! ("pre-existing condition"). Is there a template letter to send out, also how much canwe claim? The PPI was included in the full credit amount (before Discontinuance, we had actually paid back about half of the total sum they demanded). Many thanks again, P

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Post.

Following this letter we received a letter threatening doorstep collection from MKRR and after corres with you I phoned them and told them it was going to be report to OFT & put before judge. They just said OK & that was that but still leaves us with this on our credit rec. Also what to do re PPI, or should we leave it?

MKRR received the letter below on 26 May 2010 at 11:02 signed for by "Kozlowska".

Dear Sir or Madam

I do not acknowledge any debt to your company

Your ref

XX May 2010, please forward within 14 days of receipt of this letter the ’Deed of Assignment’ in respect of this matter.

We write to inform you that this matter has already been subject to litigation and the owner of the debt Discontinued (Notice of Discontinuance received XX May 2009).

Now that we have informed you of the history, we will not accept any harrassment from yourselves, and if you do continue to do so, please be advised that we will from henceforth be making a charge to you of £15 for every letter we have to process and £7.50 for any telephone call.

Yours

Yes! Definitely! Just been looking at our credit report we received recently. It seems WF last updated 3rd March 2010, but they didn't send us a letter to say they'd sold the account to MKRR till 18th March so maybe we should apply for another credit report, on the offchance Welcome have now took the data off (some slim hope Im sure!!!)

Right Post, great. I'm gonna send off for new report first thing in the morning & see if they've been updated since 3 March. I wonder whether the credit ref agency would just tell me over the phone, seeing as how we just got a report a few weeks ago?

Have You Taken Up The Free 30 Day Offer Before

Just Cancel In A Few Weeks

Its Just I Need To Know Who To Go After

Thats Why They Are Reluctant To Release The Notice/deed Of Assignment

As I Said Before

My Gut Is Telling Me This

I Still Believe This Mkrr Is Something To Do With Welcome

Why Not Cl Finance Or Lewis

Just Need The Jigsaw To Fit Together

Ok, I'll find out and report back. Thanks so much! Quick question, will the record of missed payments disappear 6 years after start of the account of 6 years after the last payment? (There are no defaults, that was removed)

As A Norm Is Six Years From Last Payment But Ime Quite Sure Ill Get The Whole Account Deleated

I Just Need Confirmation Who Owns The Account

If Welcome Are Still Updating Your Credit File, You Will Then Have Your Answer

At The End Of The Day, Its Been To Court And Its End Game

Any Other Welcome Fighter Dealing With This Dca Mkrr

I Need Confirmation That This Mkrr, Not Welcome Are Updating Your Credit File

Ive Not Come Accross That Update So Far So I Am More Convinced This Mkrr, Even Though Ive Done Company Searches, Has Something To Do With Welcome

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, at last got credit reports:

Equifax: Updated 13 June to say "Debt Assigned" and showing a "S" for Settled (followed by all the 'sixes' of missed payments etc). Balance says "£+0".Also says "End : 22/06/07"

My credit report (Experian) says:

Updated 9 May

Debt Assigned: 05/10

Balance: "Satisfied"

Default £XXXX Defaulted "22/06/07)

Status History:

Look forward to further advice.

Many thanks, Prudence

Hi Prudene

At The Moment Ime Trying To Run Down This Raven Recoveries

Me Thinks It Just Mkrr

Check Back This Evening

We Realy Now Need To End This Sorry Saga By Way Of The Addmin Of Justice Act And Protection From Harrasment Act