Success rate

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

first of all I have to say what a great site!, I found it yesterday as I was searching to find ways of not paying the fine imposed on my wife at the euro car park in southampton west Quay (£50 fine, £30 If I pay it within 14 days (how generous!))

one thing that I haven't been able to find reading through the many threads on this subject is the success rate, has anyone who actually refused to pay been made to pay in the end? or is it close to being 100% effective (providing I use the templates provided)?

do I send the letter now, or shall I wait for the first letter from them? and as both my wife and I drive the car (both our names on the insurance), can I mention this in the letter saying that we will need clarifications from them as to who was driving the car at the time

many thanks

wait for them to write.the odds are good that they will snarf up the paperwork ( that their letter will be outside the BPA COP which the DVLA insists is enforced :) ). Plus it costs them 2.50 to get the RK details from the dVLA.

this is a con, a trick. there are no periods laid down by regulations for running a con trick. just forget about them, when anything arrives from them of a 'DCA' just file it in the drawer and carry on with your life.

"one thing that I haven't been able to find reading through the many threads on this subject is the success rate, has anyone who actually refused to pay been made to pay in the end?"

I found this as well? People say they are not going to pay but then we hear nothing from them after that? I take it, that the PPC didnt bother them again and therefore didnt post again??

"one thing that I haven't been able to find reading through the many threads on this subject is the success rate, has anyone who actually refused to pay been made to pay in the end?"

I found this as well? People say they are not going to pay but then we hear nothing from them after that? I take it, that the PPC didnt bother them again and therefore didnt post again??

Or the "debt collectors" came around and broke their legs and arms and ther weren't able to post again!

Yeh I tend to agree, I think the majority of the time as the PPC move onto the next guy hoping to make pay a [problem] ticket then the person never hears anything again, its not as though u get a letter through the door saying "congratulations u have passed the time limit we wont bother u anymore" it more of a case that u dont hear from them again, rather than its dead and buried

I remember I was given a ticket about 4 years ago from a PPC but in my rebelish years I didnt pay, not that I was aware of the this site and the [problem], I just didnt want to pay and ive never heard anything since, I didnt even get a debt collectors warning. Similar to my next door neighbour who has refused to pay a ticket and he just got the one letter to pay and hasnt heard anything since about 6 months ago, so they must not send debt collectors letters out to everyone??

one thing that I haven't been able to find reading through the many threads on this subject is the success rate, has anyone who actually refused to pay been made to pay in the end? or is it close to being 100% effective (providing I use the templates provided)?

5 or 6 cases a year (out of hundreds of thousands of tickets). We know of no properly defended case being lost.

To quote from the solicitor who appeared in the BBC Insideout segment

"of 20,000 tickets in the last year, I know of only three that went to court" (PS, two were excel's and they lost both cases).

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Success Rate?

I have "won" or had cancelled 17 consecutive PCNs over the last 7 yeasrs from my own LA. Some went to PATAS where I even got compensation for their vexatiousness. Othrers were cancelled on informal or formal representation - and a whole batch cancelled within minutes of arriving at their offices with timed dated (on the PCN dates) photos showing improper or a lack of signs (they had been errected in the interveining period) and insisted had been there all along!

Less frequent, but the same elsewhere (Westminster) - 3 Appeals won. Well, they declined to contest at PATAS at the last minute for 2 of these! None lost - but I did pay one where I knew I was wrong.

But why, oh why, should they be allowed to ignore what is written in representations and just reply with threats, only to so openly surrender when exactly the same argument and words are in an Appeal to PATAS?

Tony, we both know that councils play the % game. By continuing to reject appeals they force more people to pay up. If someone seriously appeals to PATAS they fold their tent and run away. Only 1% of PCNs are appealed and 70% of those appeals are upheld. Go figure.

• 5 weeks later...

I had two from controlaccount - then they went away.

Sam the Eagle

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

I have had 4 demands from a PPC and 2 demands from Rossendale Collect. Do you think that it is likely I will receive any more demands from the debt collectors? I looked up PATAS as I'd never heard of it but it doesn't deal with Parking Charge Notices - is there an organisation that deals with these, like PATAS. I would consider looking at compensation for harrassment if it goes on.

you are near the end (as posted in another thread). Just the BPA and the DVLA - neither care too much about it as it is a great source of money to them as well. of course there is also trading standards - and the Police for fraudulent paperwork. And possibly the CSA, SIA and the SRA depending on the companies involved and their sins. plus your MP.