• Tweets

• Climate change: World's oceans suffer from record-breaking year of heat WWW.BBC.COM Every single day of the past 12 months has seen a new global sea temperature high for the time of year. World's oceans suffer from record-breaking year of heat NOAA Real-time Sea Surface Temperature | EarthNow SPHERE.SSEC.WISC.EDU   Heat Wave in East Africa EARTHOBSERVATORY.NASA.GOV Sweltering temperatures led to power cuts and school closures in South Sudan.   We could be 16 years into a methane-fueled 'termination' event significant enough to end an ice age | Live Science WWW.LIVESCIENCE.COM Methane emissions from tropical wetlands have been soaring since 2006 and accelerating at the same breakneck speed as when Earth's...     There is no way to know what a termination could signify today, given that we are not in an ice age.
    • What was your estimate of the depreciation in value? Frankly it is such a vague measure of your loss then I think that it was a mistake for you to suggest that. What is the value of a free service? What did you actually lose by not having it with you at the time? Where do you normally keep it? Do you think it is now fully repaired or are there some outstanding issues? Have you used it or parked it up in the rain?
    • and didnt Sunak end up trying to claim that defense is best in Tory hands ROFL they cant even get a trident test right, let alone keep the British flag ships maintained and working eh? - and all in full sight of our enemies  
    • Hi all,  Many moons ago (2012)  I had a Virgin credit card (issued by MBNA) that defaulted.  They did provide a valid CCA so I was advised by the good folks on CAG to make small payments to keep them quiet - I set up a standing order to pay them £5 a month, and it's been that way ever since.  The debt has been sold on a million times, but £5 is nothing so I've paid no attention to it.  Anyway, I received a letter from Capquest (who must be the current owners of the debt) back in March asking me to contact them to discuss a suitable repayment option, and the account will now be managed by Resolvecall.  Now £5 a month IS a suitable repayment option so I ignored their letter.  A few days/weeks later, I received a letter from Resolvecall, acting for Capquest wanting me to contact them and threatening a home visit if I ignored their letter.  Obviously I DID ignore their letter, and last week a lady knocked on the door (unanswered) and put a card through asking me to contact Resolvecall. Interestingly, their letter said if I didn't reply within 7 days from the date of the letter, and...you guessed it, there was no date on the letter! Out of curiosity, I logged in to Resolvecall's account, and it shows my two most recent £5 payments, so they ARE receiving my money but clearly want more - which they're not getting.  Now - do I play silly b*ggers with them, and ask them to provide the true copy of the CCA to see if they can come up with the goods? Do I just ignore them and carry on paying my £5? Do I stop paying altogether?  I know the case isn't SB as I've been paying regularly, but not sure how to play going forward?  Any suggestions gang?  Thanks you!   
    • Agreement start date 27/11/15 Amount added from previous loan (before interest was, again, added to it) was, £3441.62
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Godebt/advice needed.

buzz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Mainly are you on the mortgage papers, are you a joint buyer with your g/f. That's the first important point.

Next why are you bing chased, have you just defaulted, paid half and handed the car back etc; then we can see if their is a debt and if it can be chased.

The first court papers, did they come from a court?

Check these papers that have been thrown at you, do they have a court seal on them and a case number?

The court sends you a summons, not some tart with black hair.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

G/f says i am named on the mortgage..the mortgage totals £80,000

But the deposit was paid by my g/f from the sale of her property..

as we are not marreid when the mortgage was taken out

we have signed a form saying we are not tennats in common

my g/f has a greater financial interest than i do

and g/f says there was no seal on the papers..

and g/f phoned the number which was hollis briggs solicitors

and spoke to mr paul evens and he told her what the debt was for

and when it was from and the amount which she says is £6,000

as said before i was not here we were on a break.

g/f has a copy of a letter she sent to him (recorded) re the conversation

gary

Also the one i got now was handed to me by some bloke

he said he was told to deliver it to me...

he also unfolded it in front of me and read it...

it has a black seal on it...faded with the court name on it

and a case number

Yes it is to do with ycc...

the original date of signing the agreement was 22/3/2004

cant remember ccj date

i gave the car back after numourous problems with it and they said that is the end of it

i never got any paper work to my knowledge saying they sold the car and what was left to pay

no final settlement figure

i have heard nothing untill last year from go debt....

and i have not been hiding so they could of found me and resolved this matter. But nothing. go debt in less than a year have a charging order on my house.....

and now after doing that have asked me to go to county court to ask me questions on my finances to see if it can be inforced by the court

i am currently unemployed and when i telephoned go debt regarding this he was not helpful..

and said the charging order will stay on my house

so i think im screwed to be honest

gary

CLICK ON THIS LINK

Debt Collection Industry - The Consumer Forums

SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE TO WHERE IT STATES

NEW THREAD

CLICK ON THIS

YOU WILL HAVE A PAGE COME UP STATING TITLE

IN THERE WRITE GO DEBT AND CHARGING ORDED

IN THE MAIN BOX WRITE WHATS THE SITUATION

WHEN YOU HAVE FINISHED, SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE TO WHERE IT STATES SUBMIT NEW THREAD

CLICK AND THERE YOU HAVE IT

I am a bit unsure of what to do now I have had no reply of godebt with reference me asking them for all the original paperwork i still dont have an address living in b and bs at the moment as im working away and havent sorted the move out (still).

Will they be sending stuff to my old address if so how does that affect me as i cant get there.

i dont want to just forget about it till they contact me again

also i have a care of address with my bank will they be able to get that address i dont want any hassle going to that address as they are doing me a favour.

what should i do now

Go debt have now issued me with a photograph of where I live and are threatening bankrupcy. Interesting as I do not own my house.

How do I go about becoming a test case?

If they take a photo of you inside your house or in your front door (opened it to see who it is) Then that is ilegal

But they can take pictures in a public place

report the to oft in london a.s.a.p

re:yes car charging order...

i am currently having problems with go debt. they are refusing to let me pay my £11 000 debt by instalments and say that unless i can settle it they are going to send the bailiffs in. how do i get to the templates so i can send them a letter asking for the origianal credit agreement out to me so i can check if it's legal?

Yes you can and give them 12+ 2 days (on thread there is templates) to respond if they dont

get the form account in dispute

BUT MAKE SURE YOU SEND THEM 1ST CLASS RECORDED AND KEEP COPYS OF THE LETTERS

OK

Just post a question and people will help

i was at my wits end with go-debt/go/hollis briggs whatever they call themselves

put a chap on here is helping me

i have sent letter asking for full signed credit agreement

just trying to find a link

• 4 weeks later...

Hi yes i am going through problems with go debt at the moment they are taking me to bankruptcy i have a court date and everything but i have a sneaky suspision that they are starting to panic because i have started to get letters in the last 2 weeks saying that they can stop if the action if i arange a discounted payment to them supprisingly enough the letters are coming from hollis briggs which is basically go debt. I intend to let this run to the end which is 18 march 2010 and screw them by the way they have been told by there local police force to stop harrasing me so if you keep getting harrased from them threaten them with contacting the cardiff police about them and just mention that you have been talking to mr atkinson and that you are waiting for the outcome of my bankruptcy hearing i will keep you informed as to what has happened

:D

Hi yes i am going through problems with go debt at the moment they are taking me to bankruptcy i have a court date and everything but i have a sneaky suspision that they are starting to panic because i have started to get letters in the last 2 weeks saying that they can stop if the action if i arange a discounted payment to them supprisingly enough the letters are coming from hollis briggs which is basically go debt. I intend to let this run to the end which is 18 march 2010 and screw them by the way they have been told by there local police force to stop harrasing me so if you keep getting harrased from them threaten them with contacting the cardiff police about them and just mention that you have been talking to mr atkinson and that you are waiting for the outcome of my bankruptcy hearing i will keep you informed as to what has happened

:D

Hollis Briggs is no longer going so who is singing the letter dont know????give me the name of the person.....what they are trying to do is get you to offer a payment....we see if you get to court or not ......Godebt and hollis briggs are all part of Edwards geldards Solicitors in Cardiff

Edited by black1
mistake

Hi its go debt i think that their bottle is going they taking me to bankruptcy i have a court date and reference and i have checked it out but i have a sneaky suspicion that they will pull out at last minute we will see i am very interested to see what happens i have taunted them relentlasley for months and months they have even contacted the police to stop me from harrasing them i love it they deserve everything that they get if everybody who has problems with them does the same they wont have a chance and be out of buisiness in no time i will keep every body posted to what is happening

Hi its go debt i think that their bottle is going they taking me to bankruptcy i have a court date and reference and i have checked it out but i have a sneaky suspicion that they will pull out at last minute we will see i am very interested to see what happens i have taunted them relentlasley for months and months they have even contacted the police to stop me from harrasing them i love it they deserve everything that they get if everybody who has problems with them does the same they wont have a chance and be out of buisiness in no time i will keep every body posted to what is happening

ignore that crap they do that to everyone even me but it got dismissed