Link Financial have done a mass mailing of Default Notices re: assigned accounts.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It certainly doesn't make it any easier for us does it, if we are sending letters RD and still cannot be certain they have arrived. My RD letter (now 13 days since I sent it) is still showing on Royal Mail's website as "progressing through their Network" and according to Asset Link, they haven't received it. The replacement letter that I sent yesterday by SD (to the same address) had arrived though when I checked today, though signature is not available yet. All very strange.....

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It certainly doesn't make it any easier for us does it, if we are sending letters RD and still cannot be certain they have arrived. My RD letter (now 13 days since I sent it) is still showing on Royal Mail's website as "progressing through their Network" and according to Asset Link, they haven't received it. The replacement letter that I sent yesterday by SD (to the same address) had arrived though when I checked today, though signature is not available yet. All very strange.....

At least they have received the one you sent yesterday.

IMHO, I would complete the form for missing/lost mail and make a claim on it. It is relatively easy to do and whilst you might only get a book of stamps in compensation.. It is better than a kick in the teeth.:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

At least they have received the one you sent yesterday.

IMHO, I would complete the form for missing/lost mail and make a claim on it. It is relatively easy to do and whilst you might only get a book of stamps in compensation.. It is better than a kick in the teeth.:D

Yes, I think I will make a claim CB - will wait until the 15 days are up and get them to send me a claim form. The way things are going recently with Link I'm sure I'll have plenty of other letters to send, so a book of stamps will come in very handy:)

I think you can do it online, Magda

here

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I sent RD to Link's PO box and it often didn't show as delivered on track n trace...so in the end i complained to RM. Evidently there are sorting all this out and the Delivery Manager for that office is aware of the problem....yeh!!!!

Since then i have sent everything RD to their embankment office - seems to get through fine and i have definitive proof they have received it. Not that it makes much difference as they don't read the letter before replying!

I sent RD to Link's PO box and it often didn't show as delivered on track n trace...so in the end i complained to RM. Evidently there are sorting all this out and the Delivery Manager for that office is aware of the problem....yeh!!!!

Since then i have sent everything RD to their embankment office - seems to get through fine and i have definitive proof they have received it. Not that it makes much difference as they don't read the letter before replying!

Don't think anyone who works for Link actually can read .....

OMG!

You actually receive responses!

I have been waiiting for response from Ms. J. Pearcey since 18 March 2009.

How can it take 2 months to reply to a letter???

Obviously, Ms. Pearcey cannot or, will not answer my questions.

AC

Recorded Delivery letters at £1.14 each, hardly fair that the consumer has to keep spending these amounts when sending letters to Link et al.

What can one do though, when it is likely that the DCA is question will most likely deny receipt of letters send by regular mail.

I personally, like many others have sent so many letters, the postal bill is astounding!

AC

Yes, one could fax a letter but caution here, as once Link have your fax number, they will bombard you...

AC

Inputing 141 before the fax number should block them from finding your number and most fax machines can be adjusted so your number is not displayed on the fax sent.

I wouldn't believe what they tell you, Link that is. They told me the same, funny thing was though they had admitted to receiving £1 PO which was in the same envelope as the letter.

Edited by joemay

Recorded Delivery letters at £1.14 each, hardly fair that the consumer has to keep spending these amounts when sending letters to Link et al.

What can one do though, when it is likely that the DCA is question will most likely deny receipt of letters send by regular mail.

I personally, like many others have sent so many letters, the postal bill is astounding!

AC

Yes, I think we should take shares in the Post Office :D

Inputing 141 before the fax number should block them from finding your number and most fax machines can be adjusted so your number is not displayed on the fax sent.

Or you could put a message on the top or bottom (or both so they dont miss it) to imply that the fax machine is a public fax machine and as such no replies can be accepted.

BCOBS

I wouldn't believe what they tell you, Link that is. They told me the same, funny thing was though they had admitted to receiving £1 PO which was in the same envelope as the letter.

I know, they always seem to receive the letters containing a cheque or PO don't they, but deny receiving anything else, even though as you say it's often in the same envelope, they must think we are almost as stupid as they are.

I know, they always seem to receive the letters containing a cheque or PO don't they, but deny receiving anything else, even though as you say it's often in the same envelope, they must think

we are almost as stupid as they are.

Perhaps the greedy little turkeys only recognise cheques/postal orders by sight and can't read the accompanying letters....

Absolutely no offence was intended towards turkeys by this post:p

Perhaps the greedy little turkeys only recognise cheques/postal orders by sight and can't read the accompanying letters....

Absolutely no offence was intended towards turkeys by this post:p

I am sure they wont take offence, as long as you vote to ban christmas;)

BCOBS

I am sure they wont take offence, as long as you vote to ban christmas;)

I was going to mention christmas but didn't want to scare the turkey chicks, or the beautiful barbary Geese swimming on the lake with their goslings EEK!...honk, honk, honk...

Are link and Thesis-servicing associated, because I read somewhere that they are.

I only ask because without any warning Thesis suddenly started taking payments from my account for my student loan, despite the fact that I had not had any notification , the standard student loan deferment option had not been offered and that I didn't even have an active DD with the SLC before the loan was sold to Thesis.

I also never specifically agreed a DD mandate with them, but I assume they'll claim that it carried over from the previous owners of the debt (even though it wasn't active then)

Are link and Thesis-servicing associated, because I read somewhere that they are.

I only ask because without any warning Thesis suddenly started taking payments from my account for my student loan, despite the fact that I had not had any notification , the standard student loan deferment option had not been offered and that I didn't even have an active DD with the SLC before the loan was sold to Thesis.

I also never specifically agreed a DD mandate with them, but I assume they'll claim that it carried over from the previous owners of the debt (even though it wasn't active then)

Hi, apparently they are a part of Link, this thread might be of interest:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/students/163123-thesis-servicing-caerphilly.html

Might be a good idea to contact Thesis and ask them to prove that they actually have a legal right to collect on the debt, i.e., copy of the agreement, Notice of Assignment and statement of account, if they claim to have purchased the debt. Until you are sure what it happening, I would cancel the DD with your bank and arrange to make the payments some other way. They shouldn't be able to take payments in any case if you haven't actually set up a DD with them, but if they are a part of Link, it's hardly surprising....

Magda

thanks for that.

yeah, found that thread as well. I've already emailed them and will be calling Tuesday morning as well (expecting a long period on hold) threatening cancellation of the DD, demanding return of the payment including the bank fees they've incurred as it was illegally obtained and pointing out that they took it in contravention of the DD mandate (Work in CS so I get that thrown at me all the time...) - always better to leave yourself a position you can barter from than to go straight in at your best offer - but not holding out much hope.

Looking at ways of moving it away from them given the hell I've seen from these threads. I'll lose the deferment option, but at least I'd know I wasn't getting screwed over.

Well good luck with it anyway, if you need any more help, I'm sure someone will be able to guide you in the right direction. One thing, if you are planning to ring them, usually it is better to put everything in writing instead as you have a written record then of what has been said and it usually carries more weight as well. Might be a good idea to contact your bank as well and explain what has happened re: the DD, as they might be able to help as well. Hope it all goes well, Magda

• Haha 1

Agreed!

When dealing with Link and/or, any of their associated companies,

all contact must be kept to the written word, keep copies.

There is an old saying:

telephone calls never happen.

AC