Link Financial have done a mass mailing of Default Notices re: assigned accounts.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I emailed my letter of complaint to John Fingleton, here is the response:

Dear AC

Consumer Credit Act 1974 (the Act)

Complaint Against: Link Financial Limited

Licence No: 446835

Thank you for your email received on 30 October 2008. I apologise for the delayed response.

The Consumer Credit Register (‘CCR’) provides details of applications for holders of consumer credit licences, both current and past. It also contains details of any OFT decisions to refuse an application or revoke a consumer credit licence as well as information relating to any appeal against this decision. Due to legal constraints, the OFT is unable to disclose any further information relating to licence applications above and beyond that which is available on the CCR. The register can be accessed from the OFT web-site at:-

Public Register

The CCR entry for Link Financial Limited (licence number 0446835) shows its licence status to be ‘current’ – which is correct.

In considering the fitness of any business to hold a consumer credit licence we can take account of any relevant matters. If you have any information which you believe may be relevant to Link’s fitness to hold a consumer credit licence, we would be grateful if you could forward full details (including copies of any relevant letters or documents) to us for our consideration. Please do not send any original documents as we will not be able to return these to you.

If we were to consider it appropriate to ask Link to respond to any information you provide, we would need to disclose your identity along with details of the information provided. We would therefore be grateful if you could sign the enclosed consent form and return it in the freepost envelope provided. Due to the aforementioned legal constraints on disclosure, we cannot disclose details about- or updates regarding- any action that may be taken as a consequence of any information you provide - should it be considered appropriate to pursue any such action.

Yours sincerely

Olushola Egbowon

Enquiries and Reporting Centre

Office of Fair Trading."

Err, the CCA Public Register states; current but;

expired in May 2008!?

AC

I have just sent the following email to the OFT:

Thank you for your email of today's date, which was in response to the electronic letter that I sent to Mr. John Fingleton.

Your email states:

"The CCR entry for Link Financial Limited (licence number 0446835) shows its licence status to be ‘current’ – which is correct. "

Please clarify the above statement, as I have just checked the OFT's Public Register and the information that it shows after clicking on the licence number: 0446835; Link Financial Limited, is that their Consumer Credit Licence expired on 02 May 2008.

I was of the understanding that the Consumer Credit Licence for Link Financial Limited is still open and awaiting renewal.

Yours sincerely,

AC

Thank you for your email of today's date, which was in response to the electronic letter that I sent to Mr. John Fingleton.

Your email states:

"The CCR entry for Link Financial Limited (licence number 0446835) shows its licence status to be ‘current’ – which is correct. "

Please clarify the above statement, as I have just checked the OFT's Public Register and the information that it shows after clicking on the licence number: 0446835; Link Financial Limited, is that their Consumer Credit Licence expired on 02 May 2008.

I was of the understanding that the Consumer Credit Licence for Link Financial Limited is still open and awaiting renewal.

Yours sincerely,

AC

Be very interesting AC to see what reply you get!! Magda

Hi everybody,

I'm totally amazed that the different Trading standards depts all come up with different answers. Had a phone call from mine today (neath/Port Talbot Office)

She says -

(a) that an application form DOES constitute an agreement (does it?)

(b) That Under the C.C.A they only have to supply a "state of account". This, she says,can be interpreted in different ways - It could just be a total of the amount outstanding or a breakdown of the account.

I told her my son's debt couldn't be £2700 because his credit limit was only £1500. Oh yes it could,says she, the rest is probably their charges!

She said if it went to court Link would win.

She further suggested I write to Link and ask them for a "State of Account" i.e. a breakdown of account. I said hadn't I already asked them for this on numerous occasions. She said I hadn't made it clear what I wanted. (Didn't I? I think our CAG templates make it very clear what we are requesting) She said I could tell them I've been in touch with my Local Trading Standards dept or if absolutely necessary she would write to them for me,but it would take her several weeks!

What she implied was,that he should pay up. What really p.........s

me off is that we're not evading debts, and once they've been proven, as was one with Clarity, we've made arrangements to make monthly repayments.

I'd welcome comments

Did somebody suggest we contact Mandelson?

regards mummybird:x:x

Hi mummybird, I can understand you frustration. Makes me mad too! What a load of .... she replied.

This, she says,can be interpreted in different ways

As Clinton said, it depends on how you define "sex" :rolleyes:

According to the National Debtline, with a CCA you can also ask for "a statement of account". Now, it depends on how do you define a statement of account, but to me and most reasonable people it means it should look like a "statement" from any account!!! At the minimum it should have the amount you borrowed, the amount you have already paid, the amount of any interest or charges, and an outstanding total.

Why don't you send an S.A.R. to Link?

Your email states:

Yours sincerely,

AC

Hello AC,

I've taken the liberty of also sending your letter in reply!:)

Regards, Jeff.

mummybird!

I would suggest that your local TS should go back and study the CCA '74 and amendments;

they should also study the advice given by LACORS re: the home authority principle;

Ask them why they have not contacted Mr. Robert Gardner at Lambeth TS?

ASK THEM!

No problem Jeff!

Now isn't this interesting both Lambeth & Caerphilly TS (Lambeth is the TS HA for Link) decline to admit that there have been complaints made to them about, Link Financial.

But we now have 3 acknowledgements of complaints from the OFT re: Link.

I know that many letters were sent out, therefore when you receive your response, please add your names to the list.

Thanks

AC

PETITION TIME METHINKS

Introduction to e-petitions | Number10.gov.uk

:lol:

===============

FANTASY CHARGES'S SIGNATURE

Collections

Conference Programme(SLEEPING WITH THE *****)

10.20 Legal & regulatory aspects of collections

• Examining action taken by the OFT regarding collections practices

• What constitutes bad practice?

• What kind of complaints are consumers making?

• How should the industry respond to the legal and regulatory developments?

Consumer Credit Act implementation – what’s the latest?

Andrew Corke, Partner & Head of Debt Recovery Team, Lester Aldridge

Ray Watson, Director of Consumer Credit, Office of Fair Trading

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

So far we have had three responses from the OFT:

AC

Jeff2000

tierisch.

Going by the number of members who stated that they had sent out their letters of complaint to the OFT about Link Financial.

Surely there must be other members who have had replies?

Or is it just the three of us who are on this crusade for our rights!

I/YOU moan about Link Financial's bad practice, but if you don't do anything about it, Link will just ride roughshod over us all.

AC

AC

Jeff2000

tierisch.

Going by the number of members who stated that they had sent out their letters of complaint to the OFT about Link Financial.

I/YOU moan about Link Financial's bad practice, but if you don't do anything about it, Link will just ride roughshod over us all.

AC

Hi AC, I did complain to the OFT, and just received their standard reply in response - it's the same reply Lexis and Citizen B received regarding their own complaints (not Link related), so obviously is just something they send out to anyone who complains. I think if you complain by post CB was saying that they send a form which they claim you can send back to them with your details, and if they get enough complaints about any specific company, they will take action. However, in my email response, I didn't get a form (there wasn't any attachment). They were just like TS and just didn't seem very interested. I agree though that the more people who complain the better as if they eventually do get enough, they may have no alternative other than to take action. Hope so, anyway. Magda

AC

Jeff2000

tierisch.

AC

I complained to the OFt last year about LINK via e-mail and got an automated response to the effect that they do not investigate individual complaints but log them and if there are enough about a company they may investigate.

I think that was all I ever got

I complained to the OFt last year about LINK via e-mail and got an automated response to the effect that they do not investigate individual complaints but log them and if there are enough about a company they may investigate.

I think that was all I ever got

that was then but as as my signature below shows reay watson the director of consumer credit at the office of fair trading actually spoke

at 10.20 am !!!! at the recent DCA bash .................. meaning we have a " new attitude"

so we suggest you complain once again and highlight the fact that the dca's have been briefed ........................:rolleyes:

Edited by FANTASY CHARGES

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

Recently, I asked Mr. Robert Gardner; Lambeth Trading Standards;

Please confirm how many complaints have you received from Consumers about Link Financial Limited;

Mr. Gardner stated that he could not give that sort of information, because if he did then he could be sent to prison...DPA I presume.

Over the weekend, Ivan Hancock; Dorset Trading Standards stated that they had received 50 complaints about the following:

BBC NEWS | England | Dorset | Hundreds slam Lapland park '[problem]'

These complaints have now escalated to 1,400.

Now I realise that these complaints relate to a winter Lapland, near the New Forest and not a debt collector.

However, the principle is the same, therefore why hasn't the Dorset TS officer been imprisoned for revealing the number of complaints received?

Or is it, that comsumers can make complaints about a business, that can be revealed.

BUT, consumers cannot be provided with the same sort of information;

when the complaints involve Banks and, or a Debt Collector!

Why, is there one rule for Father Christmas, Gnomes and Huskies but...

Another Rule for;

Link Financial Limited?

AC

Recently, I asked Mr. Robert Gardner; Lambeth Trading Standards;

Please confirm how many complaints have you received from Consumers about Link Financial Limited;

Mr. Gardner stated that he could not give that sort of information, because if he did then he could be sent to prison...Data Protection Act I presume.

Over the weekend, Ivan Hancock; Dorset Trading Standards stated that they had received 50 complaints about the following:

BBC NEWS | England | Dorset | Hundreds slam Lapland park '[problem]'

These complaints have now escalated to 1,400.

Now I realise that these complaints relate to a winter Lapland, near the New Forest and not a debt collector.

However, the principle is the same, therefore why hasn't the Dorset TS officer been imprisoned for revealing the number of complaints received?

Or is it, that comsumers can make complaints about a business, that can be revealed.

BUT, consumers cannot be provided with the same sort of information;

when the complaints involve Banks and, or a Debt Collector!

Why, is there one rule for Father Christmas, Gnomes and Huskies but...

Another Rule for;

Link Financial Limited?

AC

...because Father Christmas brings us nice things - Link Doesn't....:D

A point worth pursuing AC, definitely, well done keep up the pressure..this is the sort of questions that require answers

Exactly!!!

TS cannot have one rule for one (business) and another rule for Banks/DCA's.

I am of the opinion that TS are way out of their Depth re: the Financial Industry;

The Consumer, Tax/Council/Tax PayeR requires answers and...

Will Not be GAGGED.

I guess you could ask Mr Gardner why the inconsistency ? :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Guest Menucha

I sent for Subject Access Request to both Link and MBNA. This morning I received this from Link. The cheeky b***ers have added £5 to the account for admin fees even though I sent them the £10 - surely they can't do this???

I thought I could just upload the album (12 images) from phtobucket but I cant fathom that one out - so I've had to upload 12 seperate images.

I've also put the whole lot into one pdf file which is much easier to read as it follows page by page.

Can you let me know if this is a complete Subject Access Request please?

Oh and once again addressed to the wrong country - CAN'T THEY READ LETTER HEADS???????? Everything in the Subject Access Request with address on is also wrong country. It's a wonder anything reaches me...........

Here goes

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww131/Leahaidel/LinkletterwithSAR-1.jpg

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww131/Leahaidel/Activitymemoreportpage1of4-1.jpg

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww131/Leahaidel/Activitymemoreportpage2of4.jpg

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww131/Leahaidel/Activitymemoreportpage3of4-1.jpg

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww131/Leahaidel/CoreaccountDatareportpage1of5-1.jpg

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww131/Leahaidel/CoreaccountDatareportpage2of5-1.jpg

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww131/Leahaidel/CoreaccountDatareportpage3of5-1.jpg

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww131/Leahaidel/CoreaccountDatareportpage4of5-1.jpg

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww131/Leahaidel/CoreaccountDatareportpage3of5-1.jpg

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww131/Leahaidel/ScreenShot-EOS-1.jpg

Link SAR.pdf

Edited by Menucha
Attachment

three of the links contain your name and link references - (employment details, financialhistory and name address report), i think you need to remove these

Sorry i cant be of any help with what you are requesting but Im still learning too!

Good luck

Guest Menucha
three of the links contain your name and link references - (employment details, financialhistory and name address report), i think you need to remove these

Sorry i cant be of any help with what you are requesting but Im still learning too!

Good luck

Well I tried all sorts to get rid of the names etc. they didn't show on the photobucket album, but yet they show back on the links - strange. Anyway as none of them had any details on I've deleted the links altogether.