Link Financial have done a mass mailing of Default Notices re: assigned accounts.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am of the opinion that both Caerphilly and Lambeth Trading standards are passing the buck;

both state that they do not have a TS Home Authority relationship with Link Financial! (factually there is no Home Authority for Link, as they do not wish to have one)

Furthermore, if various local Trading Standards services are contacting Lambeth and or Caerphilly and these are stating that,

there are no records of any complaints in relation to Link, something is not quite right, or someone is not telling the truth!

I personally, have made three complaints about Link, one in 2006, two more to Lambeth TS in 2007, the other very recently in 2008. Various other members have emailed complaints directly to Lambeth TS within the last 2-3 weeks.

One must therefore ask this question;

why is there a reluctance on behalf of TS to investigate Link Financial, when clearly Link are breaching the guidelines.

This situation must be seriously looked at by the OFT;

the OFT have received complaints via Consumer Direct, which are logged;

It is about time that the OFT do the job that they are paid for, by the taxpayer, that is why I suggested that members send the letter of complaint to the OFT.

I also suggest making formal complaints to your MP's.

AC

This does all seem very strange. When I initially complained to Caerphilly, some 5 months ago now, they claimed not to have heard of Link Financial (Asset Link) before and stated that they had not had any previous problem with this company. I find that very hard to believe. I am going to chase up TS today and see if they can offer any kind of update - if I hear anything, will let you know.

Magda

Further to my previous post - do you think I should be complaining to the FOS or wait until I hear from TS

mummybird

Wait until you hear from your local TS;

All local authorites have a statutory responsibility to enforce the law in their areas and undertake investigations.

Do not fill in any income and expenditure sheet from Link

Lastly, The FOS is not the enforcement agency of the Consumer credit act, therefore why would you be complaining to them?

AC

This does all seem very strange. When I initially complained to Caerphilly, some 5 months ago now, they claimed not to have heard of Link Financial (Asset Link) before and stated that they had not had any previous problem with this company. I find that very hard to believe. I am going to chase up TS today and see if they can offer any kind of update - if I hear anything, will let you know.

Magda

Mr Gardner, Lambeth TS knows full well that I complained about Link Financial in 2007, that complaint is logged on his system, the complaint was also logged on the Consumer Direct system!

I am also aware of the fact, that mine was not the only complaint.

As stated prior, I amongst others have again complained recently to both Consumer Direct and Lambeth TS.

Mr Gardner, will not state that he has received other complaints, due to the data protection act.

I have asked him repeatedly to agree with me that there have been many complaints made to Lambeth about Link. I was then sent details on how one makes a Freedom of Information Act 2000 request, (I actually know how to do that) but within that information I was basically told that one could not make the Freedom of Information Act request to TS, due to exemptions!

Therefore, at the end of the day we all that know that many complaints have been made to Lambeth, well documented, but Lambeth will not admit that these complaints having been made?

AC

I guess the only way you are going to make Lambeth TS sit up and acknowledge there are more complaints than they are letting on is to do a group complaint.

I think RMW and Cornucopia have organised group complaints before. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Mr Gardner, Lambeth TS knows full well that I complained about Link Financial in 2007, that complaint is logged on his system, the complaint was also logged on the Consumer Direct system!

As stated prior, I amongst others have again complained recently to both Consumer Direct and Lambeth TS.

Mr Gardner, will not state that he has received other complaints, due to the data protection act.

I have asked him repeatedly to agree with me that there have been many complaints made to Lambeth about Link. I was then sent details on how one makes a Freedom of Information Act 2000 request, (I actually know how to do that) but within that information I was basically told that one could not make the Freedom of Information Act request to TS, due to exemptions!

Therefore, at the end of the day we all that know that many complaints have been made to Lambeth, well documented, but Lambeth will not admit that these complaints having been made?

AC

Why exactly though are Lambeth and Caerphilly so reluctant to admit that these complaints have been received? As you say, we know that many people are unhappy at the way Link operate and have complained as a result, so in theory, you would think that TS would sit up and take notice. I do wonder if it is due to the fact that Link employ a considerable number of people (no doubt recruited from the local zoo) and perhaps they are reluctant to rock the boat for this very reason. They do appear to have quite cosy relationships on closer inspection. I think we just need to keep pushing for something to be done and getting the complaints fired off, and perhaps this will being about the conclusion we all want. Magda

I agree MAGDA!

Note, twice now I have attempted to make an Freedom of Information Act request to TS, but they put up the Exemptions Brick Wall...!

However, I am given to understand that if one has a civil case in process then, TS will have to disclose.

Therefore, the truth will out, whether it be now or later.

Keep sending off those complaints Guys

AC

Sorry Folks got that wrong - not FOS - misunderstanding - will bide my time and complain to OFT.

I did find the Consumer Direct a bit judgmental - i.e. if you've got a debt it must be paid,

to which I agreed, but we must know how much is owing.

Especially having experienced a DCA doubling the amount owed from a council tax charge and then making a very reasonable agreement with Hackney Council to settle the debt (done)

I'm v.v.tired tonight - hope my message makes sense

regards

Mummybird

mummybird, wait until your local TS contacts you and then they will investigate your complaint and...don't take no for an answer!

Consumer Direct should not be judgemental, you as a consumer have made a complaint, which is your right, therefore they should log your complaint and pass the details on to the OFT and your local TS.

Link Financial are using unfair tactics;

Link Financial have not set up a TS Home Authority relationship with either Lambeth or Caerphilly!?

The OFT must take notice;

listen to the consumer, the elctorate!

AC

Edited by angry cat
spelling

Hi Ac

Link say my son owes £2700.00 on his Virgin Card (MBNA), but he thinks it was about £1400.00 because he only had a credit limited of £1500. This is why its imperative that we get all the necessary documents. He is prepared to pay his real debts

regards

mummybird

Hmm, thought that MBNA would be lurking somewhere in the background!

MBNA seem to favour Link Financial.

Clearly, your son is in dispute about the 'value' of the alleged debt and I guess that there are unlawful penalty charges involved or mis-sold PPI.

Link Financial cannot go around willy nilly hounding consumers when they have not even provided, documentary evidence of the quoted alleged debt.

Furthermore, one wonders if they have a legal right to pursue?

Link Financial will have to provide all documentary evidence to you, in the form of a valid consumer credit agreement, statements of account and a true copy of the notice of assignment that, was served on your son by the assignee MBNA.

If your son has not made a full SAR to Link Financial, make the SAR now.

AC

Hi Ac

Link say my son owes £2700.00 on his Virgin Card (MBNA), but he thinks it was about £1400.00 because he only had a credit limited of £1500. This is why its imperative that we get all the necessary documents. He is prepared to pay his real debts

regards

mummybird

You'll probably find mummybird that the difference between the figures, i.e., £1,400 and £2,700 is made up by interest charges etc, which where Link are concerned is no surprise. I'm sure they just think of a number and double it, which of course most of the DCA's seem guilty of.

Magda

I've made a small donation to this wonderful organisation, as per request above. Its not much, I could only afford 20 squid. Do you think that's OK

Mummybird

More than ok. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

AC

The following post and thread rather contradicts what Lambeth TS state:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1797422.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/167314-link-trouble-trading-standards.html

Thank You Angel and...

Thank you mummybird!

AC

Edited by angry cat

Guest Menucha
Good idea, then you will have proof.

Good luck.

Regards.

Fred

Yipeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! just tracked - MBNA sent yesterday by my sister and delivered today.

LINK sent yesterday - not yet delivered - track and trace says "currently progressing through our network. Please check later" Will keep you updated on that one. Just checked again and has now been delivered.

The fun is just beginning!

Just discovered that the MBNA Card was taken out back in 1997 so it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Oh - forgot to say, but at the bottom of the letters I put

I respectfully request that you submit your reply by either International Signed For or Datapost although why I should be respectful I have no idea.

Edited by Menucha
addition

Got another missive from LInk - This time a "personal budget plan"

Has anyone else had one of these

Hi mb

I got one about 3 months or so ago, filed it under 'Ignore'.

I received a phone call from Link yesterday (7/11/08 ), first one for about a year although I have had 1 or 2 silent-when-answered calls in the last few days.

I refused to answer the security questions (which the Link-person didn't actually manage to ask), but after I had ended the call I started to think I should have played him a bit more and had some fun. Oh well, maybe they'll call again ..... :rolleyes:

Cheers

Rob

if you look on this link you will see that link have monetary LINKS to the Welsh Assembly Government

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, now things all start "fall into place" as to why people turn a deaf ear

a.k.a "cock a deaf un" when we complain about the "missing link":shock:

"LINK has also received grant funding from the Welsh Assembly Government to encourage employee growth numbers which are forecasted to triple over the next three years, representing valuable support to LINK's future expansion plans in the local Caerphilly

area. "

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/credit-reference-agencies/167435-link-financial-got-funding.html

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

Hi mb

I got one about 3 months or so ago, filed it under 'Ignore'.

I received a phone call from Link yesterday (7/11/08 ), first one for about a year although I have had 1 or 2 silent-when-answered calls in the last few days.

I refused to answer the security questions (which the Link-person didn't actually manage to ask), but after I had ended the call I started to think I should have played him a bit more and had some fun. Oh well, maybe they'll call again ..... :rolleyes:

Cheers

Rob

Rest assured, you will receive further calls!

AC

if you look on this link you will see that link have monetary LINKS to the Welsh Assembly Government

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, now things all start "fall into place" as to why people turn a deaf ear

a.k.a "cock a deaf un" when we complain about the "missing link":shock:

"LINK has also received grant funding from the Welsh Assembly Government to encourage employee growth numbers which are forecasted to triple over the next three years, representing valuable support to LINK's future expansion plans in the local Caerphilly

area. "

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/credit-reference-agencies/167435-link-financial-got-funding.html

Yes FC!

I have known about the above for some time, but realistically it should not make a blind bit of difference:

Caerphilly TS are funded by local council tax payers..."all local authorities have a STATUTORY responsibility to enforce the law in their areas and undertake investigations..."

Let us not forget Lambeth TS, as that TS Service is the area in which Link have their registered office.

Furthermore, as Link have multiple locations (more than one) both Lambeth and Caerphilly could be viewed as Link's HA, that is if Link had bothered to set up a TS HA relationship!

Check "An Introduction to the HOME AUTHORITY PRINCIPLE" - LACoRS promoting quality regulation.

AC

A snippet for you FANTASY CHARGES! or anyone interested!

LINK Financial, LINK Financial Forms GBP250 Million Partnership , pressrelease

I doubt that anyone who has been a victim of Link's tactics, would want any of their money invested in a pension fund associated with Link...fingers in lots of pies.

AC

Rest assured, you will receive further calls!

AC

Hi AC

I didn't have to wait long for their next call, it came earlier this afternoon just after I'd put a nice steak pie into the oven to heat up for lunch. So with an eye on the time (pie-time that is ;)) I had a fun 18-19 mins with Mr Link.

First off he identified himself and said he was from Link Legal Dept. although I didn't ask for any of his personal details to prove he was who he said he was. Then he asked me to confirm my name, which I played around with for a while and told him I didn't give my details out over the phone. I then said OK, I confirm I'm who you want me to be (as I wanted to give him a bit of a runaround) and he started talking about an MBNA account without actually veryifying me by asking any personal details. I then pulled him on the fact that he was talking financial matters without verifying any personal details which was against the Data Protection Act, which he tried to deny.

Also, he didn't state which of my 2 alleged MBNA accounts he was referring to, only mentioning the amount of the monthly token amount I was previously paying MBNA (stopped over a year ago when transferred to Link). He asked me why I had stopped paying and I got the idea he was trying to get me to restart the payments. I told him I originally stopped paying (after making my CCA request) because Link had started to phone me requesting payment increases, suggesting I try to borrow money, release equity from my house etc. which I told him was against OFT guidlines.

He knew that I had made a CCA request and admitted umpteen times that they were unable to provide me with a copy as they had not received anything from MBNA. He then got on to the expected tack of "We've got statements which show that you made purchases using the card". "Big deal," I told him, "I've got a statement which shows you owe me £55,000"

All the time we were sort of going round in interlinked (no pun intended) circles, always coming back to the missing agreement.

Answering his claim that I had applied for a credit card I told him I didn't recall that, and he then said I must have done so. I said I don't remember signing an application and that maybe MBNA just sent me a credit card out of the blue. I jokingly said maybe I've got alzheimers (apologies to anyone affected by that :() and couldn't recall making an application, but if they were to produce something with my signature on then it might jolt my memory.

He tried to get me to admit/agree that I had borrowed the money to which I replied that MBNA gifted it to me (ala Wilson appeal Judges summing up) and tried to explain that to him.

During the conversation I told him that Link had bought a load of lemons, ie unenforceable accounts. I told him that the default notices (which he said the management had decided to send out due to the fact that MBNA had not previously done so) that had recently been sent out were invalid.

Despite his protestations, he didn't get anywhere with his mission, and I think either he was extremley frustrated with what I was saying to him, or else he didn't give a flying duck.

In the end (well actually well before that) he was saying he agreed with me that Link need to prove that I applied for and borrowed the alleged amount (YEAH, I BELIEVE THAT !!!) before they could enforce it.

He finished by saying he was "going to get back to MBNA and get to the bottom of this" and try and get a copy of my agreement, to which I replied go ahead, and get to the bottom of all the other hundreds, if not thousands, of missing agreements. He said he would get back to me with an update. I asked him when, he said maybe Monday. I said don't bother phoning unless you have an update as I don't want to be pestered by their calls.

Probably several other things which I don't recall right now.

Quite an enjoyable way to kill a few minutes while you're cooking a pie. ;)

Cheers

Rob

• Haha 1