Cahoot CCA- is it enforceable

snagpuss
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5662 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received copy of agreement this morn, cant scan it Im afraid but will try to say whats on it, its 2 pages and my signature is on the 2nd page.

the first page has my name and address - initial creditor which is cahoot and then substisuted credior which is Abby National Cahhot

it states it a credit agreement regulated by the consumr credit act 1974 and is for a credit card and current account (I never had a current account so not sure about thta)

Credit Limit -we shall tell you from time to time what your credit card limit is

It does state the APR's etc

It does state repaymnets £10 or the full credit card balance if it is less than £10

or

3% of the credit card balance

then it gos on about the current account, i am sure I never had one and if I did i certainly didnt use it

Then on the 2nd page there is aDadta protection statement including

by signing this agreemnet you confirm that wemay use your info fr credit assessment, we may search files of CRA's

You agree that we may use your info to open and manage your cahhot account

then a bit about cancelling if i want

by signing this agreement you confirm that you have read and accept the cahhoot account terms and conditions, this agreement will only be binding on us when you have signed and returned the agrrement to us and we have completed our final cheques

then mine and thiers signature and dated, they signed it on 9 of the month, i igned it on the 20th of the same month. its from 2002 but i have made a few payments through a debt managemet company though not sure when exactly but its at least 4 years agio approx

looks like i'm stuck with this one:x what do you guys think, any thoughts most welcome, its with a dca now

Hi Suz7

Thanks for replying and giving me the link, yes, unfortunatly its the same so I suppose Im going to have make some sort of payment offer to the DCA :-( I guessed as much but thought it was worth a go.

Thanks for repling anyway, much appreciated. Now to write a letter to Robinson Way.....................

Snag x

I am not sure that IS a valid CCA you know. If they are all on seperate pages. Hmmmmm

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

• 1 month later...

I've got a similar CCA (posted in another thread). I think they have the prescribed terms, but I'd really like to know if there is an issue with them combining a credit card and current account in one credit agreement.

I'm not convinced they are one document either or that all the necessary stuff is within the four corners of the document. I think it's probably worth an argument with them or their DCA.