estimated bills BEWARE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have belatedly learnt NEVER to let a bill date go by without ensuring the power company get an actual meter reading. We changed to Sainsburys and got the fixed deal to next year (-more luck than judgement). BUT Npower then slapped us with a final bill for £400+ even though we were on DDebits. We can only pay £37 a month for a year. They charged us the excess units at the latest hugeley raised price the so and sos, even though we could not possibly have used so much in such a short time.

Give them a call and point out that as they had underestimated, your apparent consumption since the price rise is unrealistic, they should be able to adjust the price change reading (the fictional point/estimate they use to change from one price to another).

Won't do anything for the actual number of units used, but you should be able to get more of those units at the lower price.

Hi All,

Don't know if this the right forum, but hear goes, I have just received my quarterly bill from British Gas, Which states that I'm £30 in credit, But they are doubling my direct debit, I know prises have gone up, and they can adjust DDs ,But to double it seem a bit greedy,Any Comments Thoughts on the mater would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to me that the "power and fuel" companies do just as they please. They boast of billions of pounds of profit one month, then put all the prices up months later. It's unfair, but sadly seems to be the norm.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

''hi all,i had two meter readers from npower in one month & still got an estimated bill ! when i phoned to complain i was told it was because i wasn't on their billing cycle for that month , what a load of drivel ! ziggy''

Hi Ziggy, dont worry if they dont actually use the reads on your bill as long as there getting regular reads. And yes the billing cycle is based on you geographic location and has nothing to do with who your supplier is. As you should know the same people read your meter (in most cases) regardless of your supplier, this means there schedual should be inline with when you are billed but unfortunatly your supplier can only hope this.

Best thing to do is to call npower and have them check the estimate against the actual read, or do it yourself by reading the meter. Theres no need for a rebill if the estimates inline with the actual read.

Cheers

hi, mwacuk, thanks for the advice,while i was out at hopsital appt.on monday npower fitted a new key meter, put £40 credit on it as they didn't have a key for us to use, said they will send one in 7-10 days,that was rather out of the blue, hope i get a key otherwise will be bit chilly in here, it will be interesting to see what they put on my next bill !