can i claim my deposit back

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5714 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

3 1/2 years ago we booked a holiday to mexico for friends wedding, my wife was diagnosed with cancer so we could not go, they told me to post copies of my agreement, i sent the originals as i was to and fro to the hospital, i rang then 6 months ago, they told me i was way too late and as i dont have the originals, i dont have a case, is it true?????

hi, i know this is while ago, but i booked a holiday with my travel, through illness we could not go so i filled out the forms for a refund, because my wife was seriousley ill (cancer) i inadvertantly sent them all the original documents, i just got off the phone with them and now it appears that as it is over 3 years since i sent the documents ( which they say they did not recieve) i dont have a chance of getting my deposit of £275 back, i sent the forms in feb 05, are they in their right or do i have a case, i know it is a long time ago, but i have been to and from the hospital for 3 years, now all is fine, i was going through some papers and remembered the deposit , do i have a chance of getting my monies back?

I wouldn't have thought you were entitled to your deposit (but may be wrong)

My belief is that deposits tend to be non-refundable due to the fact that they are there to cover the costs of making a booking and any fees that have to be paid up front.

I appreciate that you probably didn't want to cancel and hopefully had insurance in place to cover this eventuality - did the insurance not cover the cost?

when i paid for the holiday i got a gold insurance form, i still have it, i got in touch with the company and they are looking in their archives to find my documents ( bless them ) i will let you know how i got on, thanks for your info . ps, apparantley most holiday companies only keep records on file for 18 months so i might be lucky, the girls are looking in the spider riddled files, awww sweet