Urgent Help Needed Re Council Tax Bailifs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK desperately need your help now.

We have had a reply from the council which is basically no help what so ever. The reply that they have enclosed from Jacobs is made up of a complete fabrication.

I know that the Bailiff is obviously ofquestionable character but I hadnt expected quite so many lies.

Where on earth do I go from here?????

There are sooooo many lies it is unbelievable

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have rung council and they have asked that I submit my reply to the Bailiffs statement. I will be doing this, this afternoon.

I have tried to ring to check that Bailiff is certificated but keep being told that I have rung the wrong number ???

What do I write on a form 4 ??

I know what happend but I am unsure how to make it short enough and also what legislation to quote.

Have spoken to police again - absolute waste of tme !!!!!

I was going to scan bailiffs reply on to here but I am not sure if it gives too much info on it and in all honesty I am hopeless at blanking out names etc.

Sheraton

i have just been reading this with my mouth open! i cannot believe the stress you have had.

i had my car removed by bailiffs last night and have just paid £931 to get it back.

i know how you feel, i was bullied also and to be honest they love it when they get a woman as they think we will be more easy to get to part with cash.

my boyfriend also fronted up to my bailiff and he started recording my boyfriend on his phone, so my boyfriend thought he would do the same, and the bailiff on film pushes the phone out of my boyfriends hand!

the bully boy tactics these guys use is disgusting.

on giving him my money though he started calling me mate and giving me finacial advice! told him I would rather take advice from a tramp!

he is NOT my mate, and never will be. i am a single mum and he took my car because i wouldnt let him in!

they always find a way.

im now taking this further, and i wish you all the luck in the world with this, and keep us updated with how you go, or you could just pm us all with the name of this guy!!!!!!!!! (JOKE!!!)

good luck and im thinking of you. xxxx

Sheraton.

Would you care to let me know which council and which police force are 'dealing' with this? Don't bother with the bailiffs. They clearly know nothing and care even less. I might be in a position to take this matter up for you if you so wish.

They all need a lesson in the law which has been criminally transgressed in this case.

I will end by once again advising that in this country we do not appoint, 'warrant' or otherwise authorise private citizens to enter other people's property by forcible means.

Sheraton.

Would you care to let me know which council and which police force are 'dealing' with this? Don't bother with the bailiffs. They clearly know nothing and care even less. I might be in a position to take this matter up for you if you so wish.

They all need a lesson in the law which has been criminally transgressed in this case.

I will end by once again advising that in this country we do not appoint, 'warrant' or otherwise authorise private citizens to enter other people's property by forcible means.

Hi Fairparking

It is Crewe and Nantwich Local Authority and Cheshire (Crewe) police.

I have had a very interesting conversation with the gentleman at the council this afternoon who is more than willing to support us in our complaint with Jacobs. I think that we are probably very lucky to have found him, his point of view is that we have complained, Jacobs have responded but he is pushing for a thorough investigation.

If anyone else is reading this from our area and have the same kind of problem then please please complain to the council - there is someone there who WILL listen.

The police however - what a joke :mad:

I was told two weeks ago (ish) that they would look into bailiff law and get back to me, what they have actually done is marked the file No Further Action because apparently no crimes were comitted.

I am busy replying to the complete pack of lies that Jacobs have provided and then I am looking to file my form 4 tomorrow.

Just had my MIL laughing her socks off when I told her that MR Bailiff claims that she is very violent :-D

Hi Fairparking

It is Crewe and Nantwich Local Authority and Cheshire (Crewe) police.

I have had a very interesting conversation with the gentleman at the council this afternoon who is more than willing to support us in our complaint with Jacobs. I think that we are probably very lucky to have found him, his point of view is that we have complained, Jacobs have responded but he is pushing for a thorough investigation.

If anyone else is reading this from our area and have the same kind of problem then please please complain to the council - there is someone there who WILL listen.

The police however - what a joke :mad:

I was told two weeks ago (ish) that they would look into bailiff law and get back to me, what they have actually done is marked the file No Further Action because apparently no crimes were comitted.

I am busy replying to the complete pack of lies that Jacobs have provided and then I am looking to file my form 4 tomorrow.

Just had my MIL laughing her socks off when I told her that MR Bailiff claims that she is very violent :-D

I know the police have been very unhelpful, but you did say in an earlier post that they would take a statement if you press charges. Could you not approach the police again and insist that you do indeed want to press charges? If you still don't get any joy, why not write to the Chief Constable?

I seem to remember someone saying in this group that there's some useful information on the Devon Constabulary's website about the law and bailiffs. If you do pursue the matter further with your local police force, or the Chief Constable, perhaps that would be useful material to quote.

Also, have you tried your local TV and radio stations' news departments, or your local press? Coverage in the media could be just what is needed to jog the police out of their complacency and make them start earning their keep.

I know the police have been very unhelpful, but you did say in an earlier post that they would take a statement if you press charges. Could you not approach the police again and insist that you do indeed want to press charges? If you still don't get any joy, why not write to the Chief Constable?

I seem to remember someone saying in this group that there's some useful information on the Devon Constabulary's website about the law and bailiffs. If you do pursue the matter further with your local police force, or the Chief Constable, perhaps that would be useful material to quote.

Also, have you tried your local TV and radio stations' news departments, or your local press? Coverage in the media could be just what is needed to jog the police out of their complacency and make them start earning their keep.

I have said on several occasions that I want to press charges and they are absolutely refusing. and saying that NO criminal act has been comitted.

Have quoted info from Devon and Cornwall doc and have been told that they dont have anything like that.

Just dont know where to go from here. I did think about the local press but to be quite honest having all my neighbours watch the commotion and then having my MIl involved was bad enough. I dont want my children to be talked about at school :(

Sheraton

Ok right here goes.

I think that I have blanked out all names etc on Jacobs reply so I am going to try and add it on here so you can all see what we are up against.

Before I do can I just say that neither me, my husband or my MIL or violent :eek: and we have a mobile phone bill which proves two 999 calls, oh and a receipt to prove that our original email to Jacobs (disputing charges) was received and read by Jacobs. Oh and to add to that the first tme I knew what Baliffs name was, was when man at council told me today :wink:

Figures dont add up either

Sheraton

Ok right here goes.

I think that I have blanked out all names etc on Jacobs reply so I am going to try and add it on here so you can all see what we are up against.

Before I do can I just say that neither me, my husband or my MIL or violent :eek: and we have a mobile phone bill which proves two 999 calls, oh and a receipt to prove that our original email to Jacobs (disputing charges) was received and read by Jacobs. Oh and to add to that the first tme I knew what Baliffs name was, was when man at council told me today :wink:

Figures dont add up either

Sheraton

errmmm didnt make a very good job of that did I ?

I shall try a different way.

If at first you dont succeed.

Try try try again

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Ok back to this.

I have taken a few days off to consider my actions and enjoy my sons birthday with him :D

Now I shall get back to this and get it sorted.

Someone has kindly provided me with the info on the bailiff that called here and I am a little confused I think :confused:

I thought that bailiffs were employed by the company that they collected for but this chap is self employed. So how does that work? does this mean that he can work for several companies all at the same time?

Sheraton

Hi sheraton01.

I know ya pain I really do, had the same thing happen to me and took over a year to get it finally sorted

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bailiffs-sheriff-officers/138853-bailiff-assaulted-me-case.html

To complain about the police first and the officers conduct i suggest you write to the chief inspector at your local station, be polite and just outline the regulations of the bailiff industry.

get your form 4 in and dont miss a thing out, have you found out what court certified him?? make sure you send it recorded delivery and phone the court manager to make sure they have it. Put in as much evidence as possible, ie photo's of any damage etc. lay out of your hall way and where you were standing etc....

in no way was this bailiff allowed to place his foot in the door .. THIS IS ILEGAL. you have it in writing that he kept his foot in the door so that will go against him. Bailiff's, when asked to leave are to leave your property no questions asked.

send a copy of the two letters that you have posted here with your form 4 to the courts.

this will show that the bailiff has overcharged you. he can only claim for two visits.. thats it unless they have done a WIP

they cannot charge for 'an aborted removal' or a porter.. ive heard it all now :D they just make it up as they go along. basically this bailiff is in big doo doo. the council are fully aware at what they can and cant charge so i would place a complaint with your local government obudsman, but usually like you to make the first move to see where your complaints have gone.. if found in your favour which is very likely by the courts the council will bend over backwards to help you if they dont then i suggest you go to the papers. get your MP involved and let the council know you are making these complaints, keep copy of all letters and send to the bailiff company and the council, make as much noise as you can with this .. its an outrage .. you are vunerable and states in the statutory regulations that your debt should have been sent back to the council.

have a read though the thread i have just given you its long.... very long but may help you fight this..

seanamarts

I have read your thread before and really admire your determination, the fact that you won in the end is a real incentive to people such as myself.

Sheraton

just stick at it hun.. it can get tough at times and i felt like giving up more than once, but i got there in the end.. the bailiff lost his job with the council and may find he is out of the bailiff industry next year when his certificate runs out. I dont think the judge was impressed with his conduct and admired me for not getting his certificate revoked but had said she may not renew it the next time.. he has a year to sweat.. im happy about that :)

hopefull he learnt by it. these bully boy bailiff have run ragged for far too long its about time joe public fought back the bad boys

• 1 year later...

Just noticed that no update was ever given for this.

I can reliably inform you that whilst Jacobs still refused to accept that the Bailiffs actions were out of order, they did state that it will be raised as a training issue and the complaint has been noted on the Bailiffs file.

They then refunded a large proportion of the charges which were levied on the day in question.

Not an entirely satisfactory outcome and sheraton would have preferred to continue on and file a complaint with the courts however due to her pregnancy she felt that a small victory was better than going for full glory :-(

• 3 weeks later...

hi im sort of joining the tail of this as im have the other side haveing recived a letter THE DAY AFTER BOXING DAY!! saying that in 48hrs rundle and co will be coming to remove goods for a council tax bill from years ago now its not that i cant pay it as i get my student loan on the 4th of jan iv two toddlers at home so i just want to get this sorted out to save stress to them BUT THEY WONT ANSWER THE PHONE I HAVE PHONED THE COMPANY AND THE AGENT the company puts me throw to the agent and the agent will not answer the phone as iv only got 48 hrs this is worrying me are thay doing this on perpuss..

can anyone guide me in what i should do?