help required urgent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5727 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK this is a debt of my dads which he asked me to look at today but i dont know where to start so thought i would ask you nice people here as you have helped me before.

this is what i know:

Dad has been ignoring letters from cabot for a debt which he says is an old barcley card which was last payed and used in 1999.

I now believe it has been to court as he has had letter from solicitors on saturday saying they have an application for a charging order over your property, this application will be made 7 days after date of letter. (which was the 3rd of september)

Dad phoned and told them he not paying doesnt acknowledge the debt as it is 9 years old.

there is a notice of change of solicitor they sent with the letter which i dont understand. sorry cant post pics of letters as dont have scanner.

Advise much appreciated.

;)

Does your dad have all the letters from Cabot?

Can you track what has happened- has he been taken to court for a CCJ already?

What does the last letter say- does it have court details, where, when, court number etc? Or does the exact words say we MAY get a charging order?

Are there any dates on the letter/ timescales?

And who is it from- Cabot?

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Firstly..........DO NOT RING THEM ANYMORE

Secondly............THIS DEBT SHOULD BE STATUTE BARRED FROM WHAT YOU HAVE SAID.

Sit tight, somebody on here will be in touch and tell you your rights very soon.

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Does your dad have all the letters from Cabot? NO think he binned them thinking they would go away.

Can you track what has happened- has he been taken to court for a CCJ already? Not sure hasnt had a letter saying so.

What does the last letter say- does it have court details, where, when, court number etc? Or does the exact words say we MAY get a charging order? The letter he gave me is from shoosmiths solicitorswhich says they are instructed to proceed with an application for a charging order

Are there any dates on the letter/ timescales? The solicitors letter is dated the 3rd of september and it says the application will be made 7 days after the date of the letter. which gives him till wednesday

And who is it from- Cabot?

Originally cabot. notice change of solicitor says shoosmiths.

;)

Send the Statue barred letter by special delivery to Shoosmiths TODAY.

Letter M.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Just get it there asap. It just looks like they are chancing their arm on this one.

I also used to used your dad's filing method- many of us on here did. Then I progressed to putting them all in a drawer and now I've started dealing with things, I am finding gems from most of the DCA community in there. My attitude has changed so dramatically, all thanks to CAG.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Of course it would perhaps be easier to deal with earlier, or with more information.

But many of us have used the bin or drawer filing method in the past. The key is to deal with it now.

These "solicitors" may not listen now- but if they try to get a charging order when they have been previously told the debt is statute barred, then there is an automatic reason to fight them.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Hi Emma,

Do you think the CCA request would also be in order? The reason I ask is that if they do go for a charging order after the request has been made and they haven't supplied one, that would also be a defence in itself.

Would that compromise the Stat Barred? I can't see why it would be I'm no expert...

Just thought that if time is tight it would be worth getting the clock ticking on the 12+2 working days and would add more to the defence...:)

• Haha 1

:)** Any opinion expressed by me is given with the best intentions - But I could be wrong so bear that in mind**:)

Missed Call Checker - http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Calls.aspx/077/m

You could also go for CCA- starting the letter with the obligatory "I do not acknowledge any debt to your company or any company you represent".

The key would be to send the statute barred letter- then if they come back to say there has already been a CCJ in the case which would restart the clock if it was not defended, then go for the CCA, perhaps.

But statute barred (with out any prior court action to reactivate the debt) is a complete defence against this claim.

I think that is all right- unless anyone else can correct me?

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Does the CCJ not depend on when it was issued? because as I understand it, once the debt becomes SB'ed then that is it, nothing can restart the clock, so we would need to know the date of the CCJ.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

I mean if the CCJ was recent- ie if they have got one recently which has not been defended. Sorry if I was not clear about that!

It sounds like the OPs dad is being railroaded, as the DCA think he doesn't know his rights and will just ignore them OR that this will make him panic and pay. Usual tactics.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Ask him if he saw any court documents- but whatever he says, send off that statute barred letter today by special delivery so it gets there by noon tomorrow.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Brilliant- hopefully this can stop them running to court- or at least slow them down enough to get more information.

Shout if you need anything.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08