Sazafraz v Barclays

sazafraz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:) Hi,

I'm new here and it's took me ages just to learn how to post a new thread !

Anyway I've sent my first letter to Sharkleys ermm sorry Barclays, (7/7/06), and as yet I've heard nothing, but early days I suppose. I'll keep you updated as to how I get on.

Sarah.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and welcome!!! :)

When I started on here it took me a while to get my head around things! :confused:

Don't worry, you'll soon be whizzing through things with no problems! :lol:

Follow all the advice and you can't go wrong.

If you have got any questions or just want something confirmed...this is the best place to be, you get tons of support and everyone is really helpful here!

Good Luck and keep us updated! :-)

Sarah....yep, another one! :lol:

BARCLAYS - £9,807.75

Data Protection Act SENT - 13TH JUNE 06

PRELIMINARY SENT - 13TH JUNE 06

LBA SENT - 4TH JULY 06

:o CLAIM FOR £9,707.75 FILED - 17TH JULY 06

:mad: CLAIM SERVED 1ST TIME - 20TH JULY 06

:mad: CLAIM SERVED 2ND TIME - 22ND JULY 06

:mad: CLAIM SERVED 3RD TIME - 2ND AUGUST 06

ACKNOWLEDGEMNET OF SERVICE - 14TH AUGUST 06

DEFENCE RECEIVED - 30TH AUGUST 06

ALLOCATION QUESTIONAIRE - 18TH SEPTEMBER 06

ALLOCATED TO FAST-TRACK - 28TH SEPTEMBER 06

STANDARD LIST OF DISCLOSURE

(BY LIST) AS ON COURT ORDER - 1ST NOVEMBER 06

Have you made a DPA SAR? This will give you details of all the charges and manual interventions on your account and will come in useful later.

Also be careful to follow the tried and tested procedure to avoid delays to you receiving your money.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

Hi Sazafraz.

While you are waiting for your statements, have a good read up of the FAQs and the library sections.

They are an absolute mine of information, and will answer most of your questions.

Good luck with your claim.:-)

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Thanks to all for the welcome. It's so good to see people taking a stand for what is rightfully theirs.

Anyway, I received a letter back from Barclays (re. my request for list of charges etc.) which said:

We refer to your letter... bank is under no obligation to present info according to any particular format. ... bank is providing copy statements on a complimentary basis hence your payment is returned.... then it goes on about manual intervention...... data protection act does not oblige the bank to comment about internal policies and procedures....

signed by Peter Townsend, Manager, Barclays Data Protection.

So I shall wait for my statements to arrive and take it from there. I have been usuing the templates from the library which I find really helpful, and am reading up a little each night to help me understand all the jargon.

Will let you all know how I get on.....

Oh before I forget, when you give banks a time limit eg 7 days, does that mean 7 working days or normal days?

The standard time limits on the template letters are all 14 days. I would say that is 2 weeks rather than 14 working days. A bank is a large enough organisation that should be able to consider their position and reply within the time limit.

This is YOUR case and YOU set the timetable here, don't let the banks fob you off with a standard reply saying they will respond within 1 month/6 weeks/8 weeks or whatever time they tell you.

If you are firm with them then they will know you mean business

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to know:

My boyfriend had a barclayloan a few years ago, barclays messed up with payments, so loan account went into arrears. As a result of this, he had to get a resolve loan. The loan has since been paid/cleared, but if he wants to get staments from it, does he have to write 2 seperate SAR letters ( 1 to original loan account, + 1 to resolve loan account), or will 1 SAR letter for both accounts be ok?

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks.

You can reclaim all charges. Whether they put you over the overdaft limit or not.

In the S.A.R. letter, it says please supply list of transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organisation. It doesn't say send charges for the last 6 years, does this matter or will the bank know to send 6 years worth?

Right, day 30 and still no statements. Rang customer services today 08457 555555, and spoke to a lady who agreed they have to provide info within 40 days, and told me to ring back if I haven't received them by day 40.

Have I done the right thing by phoning them? or should I send a reminder in writing?

Decided to give Peter Townsend a ring today, and he told me they will speed up my request for statements and send them tomorrow for me. Should receive Monday at the latest apparently. aaahhhh isn't that nice of him ! He obviously cares about us afterall !

Ok, ringing Townsend seems to have done the trick. I have now received 6 years worth of statements. I have had a look through and found lots of paid referrals, and some unauthorised overdraft fees. What I want to know is : where it says "interest charged", can I claim this back as well, or not. I have looked for the answer to this, but can't find it, so if anyone can help me out I'd be very grateful. I can then get on and send my prelim letter.

My reply to this is based on the assumption you have an overdraft and pay interest every month . . . .

The thinking is that the interest you paid would have been less if you hadnt any charges. ie if overdraft is £500 and yet that month you have had you have £100 worth of charges, then part of the interest you were charged on the £500 is recoverable, as really your overdraft should only be £400 without the unlawful charges.

So to help you work this out there is a really good, spreadsheet in the library, which will work it all out for you as long as you fill in the correct information.

hope ive explained myself ok

Miss P x

FD £691.50 SETTLED IN FULL £691.50 :D

FD CREDIT CARD £75, SETTLED IN FULL £75 :D

MBNA CREDIT CARD £1784 SETTLED IN FULL :D

BARCLAYCARD . . .£500 BACK SO FAR . . NOW OFF TO COURT FOR MY OTHER £1200

PLEASE BE AWARE . . .MY OPINION IS JUST THAT . . IF IN DOUBT SEEK QUALIFIED LEGAL ADVICE x

Quick response to my prelim letter from Barclays. A standard letter with a complaints leaflet from Mike Brophy informing me that he will contact me again by 13th september. Since the 14 day time limit will be up on 31st august, I think Mr. Brophy better invest in a pair of trainers, cos if I don't hear by then he'll be receiving my LBA !