Halifax cheating me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello

I hope I am posting this in the right place.

I had a credit card from halifax a few years ago, to my knowledge I only bought my computer from it - the limit was £1500 I spent less than 500.

I have had bad luck with jobs and am now not working due to illness, however, it all got too much for me and I consulted CCCS, I sent halifax the budget sheet as suggested and asked for the interest to be lifted - they said no and I could only have a 3 month agreement on low payments. I managed to get them to go a further 3 months and then they advised me my account was being sent to ??scott blair (sorry can't remember name). My health was getting worse and when I spoke to my older sister in Australia she said she would pay it out, she felt I was heading for another mini stroke.

Halifax gave me the amount in full and said it was good til august, after my sister sent the cheque and that had in in their bank they billed me £90 and said they can't find the call that said the amount and added late charges too.

This card which as I said was limit £1500 and I used about £500 was at the price of £2124.13 and that is what my elder sister sent. I am 50 years old and feel bad about her having to do this....my sister is 61 and dying of leukemia.

I feel this is all so wrong to have as much interest added plus sending me a bill for £90 .. which I cannot afford to pay and it will grow to hundreds of pounds in halifax's hands. What can I do? if anything about this.

Thank you all for reading my problem.

Ok you need to send Halicrap a SAR this is found in the templates library and costs £10 they then have 40 days to provide all statements and agreements regarding this credit card

after you recieve them check for any unlawful charges etc and then we can start the process of claiming them back.

do not sign the request and send it by special delivery

hello PGH7447

I have copied the template and clicked on the address link, am I doing this correctly - I entered halifax in the register and it gave me their address so is this the address I send the S.A.R to? and I sent £10 pound money order with it?

Thanks

Yes send the letter to the address given, and make sure you enclose the £10 fee. (you can claim this back later on)

As soon as it has been sent, they have 40 days to send your statements.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 4 months later...

I am back now, I have been ill for a little while, I have received my statements but I am not sure how to work out the charges etc - I am a bit lost with all this at the moment my head isn't very clear.

Halifax just state "Charges as notified" on the statements.

So these are what you are looking for, get a high lighter, a ruler, and have fun counting them all up. :p

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Halifax just state "Charges as notified" on the statements.

So these are what you are looking for, get a high lighter, a ruler, and have fun counting them all up. :p

F&Q's... Read here

It seems what I was paying monthly was going nowhere, with the interest and the late fees my balance was pushed over the limit even though I wasn't using the card, being over the limit brought another charge with it. I have paid £458 late fees and £590 over limit fees plus a load of Interest.

hello do I put in two claims - 1 for over limit and another for late fee?

No, add both amounts together and thats what your claiming, you can claim 8% Interest when you file at Court.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi,

This is the prelim letter..............

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html

If after 14 days they do not comply with your request, send this Letter Before Action................

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/586-credit-store-card-letter.html

This gives them another 14 days to comply, if they don't,

Then it's time to file at your local County Court.

Keep this thread updated with whatever responce you get from the Bank.

Regards.

Scott.

Hi,

Yes fill in the schedule but do not include the Interest.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Regards.

Scott.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry to be a nuisance but I have been trying to work out this spreadsheet thingy for the past week and just can't get my head around it, I want to sent the letter and spreadsheet off to halifax but I am completely lost with the spreadsheet. Would someone be able to explain to me how it is meant to work please and I feel out of my depth. Thank you.

Hi,

Have a look at Steven4064's Interest Tutorial............

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/145027-interest-tutorial.html

Regards.

Scott.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your help but I cannot get around this spreadsheet, it has sort code and bank account but I wanted the credit card spreadsheet, when I click on simple excel under credit cards I get the same spreadsheet for bank account. Can anyone tell me how to get the credit card spreadsheet please.

Hi Sadflower

i am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong but at this stage you are not worried about interest, you dont add that until you file at court. All you are worried about at the moment is how much you have been charged.

So all you need to do is open up a new exel document on your computer and in the first column put the date in the second put the reason for the charge 'charges as notified' and then in the next column the amount.

When you have done that you can use exel to add it all up for you. fi you dont know how to do that come back and someone will help you

Hope this helps

• Haha 1