Really Disappointed With Cag

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5766 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Whilst reading this thread, I cannot but help to write something here.

I am VERY new to CAG (one week old) and people HERE have helped me and still is helping me in many different different ways, from 'being supportive and reassuring', 'a voice to say you are doing good' and those who has gone many steps further to help and directly TAKEN THEIR OWN TIME AND RESOURCES to help out.

I know at times one can get VERY lost here with the heaps of information's - I am still lost and have to read, reread and more reading before I can make sense of what I am reading. It is however not always easy when statements are made to put down anyone (as has been stated - REMEMBER CAG and the people are offering their own time and commitment to help/support anyone through) BUT we need to be a little stronger ourselves too so CAG can help us too. It takes two to tango!!!

Statements of 'unhelpful and bad support' comes from people who are in real desperate needs and not getting help takes them to think the 'worse'

PERHAPS WE CAN LET THEM BE FOR THE MOMENT and hope that they can gain strength to fight on with CAG support or othewise.

I wish ALL people here well.

And PLEASE continue to stay focus ...CAG ...you are all doing an extremely good and positive role for all.

Times are still vary hard for me and I have just started LEARNING again to fight for me - it is damn hard and I am learning albeit ..small bits by bits ...SO STAY STRONG AND FOCUS CAG

Hey slow down there PT. That 'really unhelpful' of yours has you beginning to sound like Maria! The comment I made was simply to let Maria know that if she let us know what the position and the pressing issue was right now, she'd get a decent answer. There wasn't a trace of criticism of anything that had gone on before!

I think your response illustrates the difficulties we operate under. We all want to do our best but we only have text to go on and often that's not enough to get either the correctly phrased question or the answer across in a way which is clear and understandable to everyone.

x20

Sorry X20,

i saw that post when i was a little stressed and my reply shows it, my sincere apologies for that, i was out of order and i am sorry

Regards

Paul

Well now that this thread has been read by many, let's move forward and start sorting out the issues here. There are enough very knowledgable people here to get things moving forward.

Maria, i understand your frustration, the other Mods and Admin do too. This site has become so time consuming for all of the site team, and at great personal expense to most of us, but we still come back here and log on everyday, seven days a week.

I really hope your husband gets all of the help he needs to get through this difficult time.

So guys, what's the best way forward in your opinions?

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

yes well, i'm just very upset at the moment. my husband has been very severely depressed over the last months, since may in fact, and due to the stress of having to go to court twice in the last week,on top of that he has suffered a nervous breakdown and is currently in hospital. i am having to stay strong for our 4 year old twins, trying to explain things and keep everything fairly normal for them. our only real hope of help was on here. it would have helped if i had been acknowled instead of feeling ignored and the post going further down thelist. anyway it doesnt matternow, they can all have what they want. i just want my husband back to normal.

Hiya Mariacallas-have just read your thread and i understand depression -i lived with a manic depressive for many years-in hospital and out-myself many years ago had physical and nervous exhaustion.You are going through it with young twins as well-keeping things normal well done.I hope sincerely that your husband soon gains his health back-i suppose you have had counseling explaining your husbands condition-and how long this may go on.Wish you alll the best for you and your family-keep posting-news etc-and husbands health -let me know how he is going on-PM me if you like.Tawny owl

Well now that this thread has been read by many, let's move forward and start sorting out the issues here. There are enough very knowledgable people here to get things moving forward.

Maria, i understand your frustration, the other Mods and Admin do too. This site has become so time consuming for all of the site team, and at great personal expense to most of us, but we still come back here and log on everyday, seven days a week.

I really hope your husband gets all of the help he needs to get through this difficult time.

Sorry ukaviator for butting in-good question

This will seem harsh but I try and use the KISS principle, Keep It Simple Stupid(Judge Judy fan, btw)

Maybe read her thread is the obvious which is what i did after making a comment on post 2

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/148477-help-please-3.html?highlight=MARIACALLAS

Then advise if need be. PT has already done so, and if anyone wants to add more, I am sure it would be appreciated. When someone starts a thread like this, there is more than just what is within the post. I understand her view and I understand why she would post like she did, even if I disagree with her conclusions.

Keep the head up, Maria, people are helping if they can and when they can. Keep strong.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Nat, i have read Maries thread, and i know Pt is helping. This thread has more people watching, than the thread where Marie is asking for help.

That is why i asked the question.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

X20 What brought you to the forum?, ive been impressed by your posts, i must confess i was a bit concerned at first at your "to the point manner", but im over that now, ive come to learn that you have to be a very careful of new posters on here, but after all ive seen i would like to welcome you to our little piece of this world where we try to stand up to our rights in the face of the ever growing ferocity of the "finance industry".

Im particularly impressed with your efforts to help maria, who i fear has required assistance at a time of the year when not too many people with the necessary knowledge are around to help.

Kind Regards CCM

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Just managed to settle the girls.

Firstly to PT I did not mean to offend you, and I'm sorry that you felt that. In my opening of this post I did refer to the few who have helped us with this, you included.

Thanks to those who have supported me.

As it happened I did not have to inform his boss, as he turned up this morning at 9 am, to offer his support. He had been informed by the Ambulance crew who took Ian to hospital.But I had to tell him about our debt promblems as he thought the breakdown was due to his work.

Let me tell you a bit about Ian. He is a Paramedic with 12 years experience, totally dedicated to his job and has seen stuff that not many of us will see in a lifetime and deals with it all, including physical and verbal abuse. What he does not deal very well with, is the desolation and bewilderment of relatives of suicides and attempted suicides, many of which are 'cries for help'. Sometimes the crew get there in time, sometime not. How many are due to the despair of debt we'll never know. Anyhow he deals with that as best he can.

He is a very giving person and if his crew attend a child who is subsequently admitted to hospital he always makes a point of popping in to see them in the ward and in most cases on discharge the crew invite the children to the ambulance station for a bit of play. To see a childs face light up when they are allowed to turn the blue lights on is thanks enough for him.:)

You are all talking about volunteering to help out here and giving up your personal time which is very admirable and, I can see, a great help to many.

Ian is a member of The Mountain Rescue Team here in The Lake District and Cumbria, and a Volunteer Paramedic with the Air Ambulance Crew which covers 3 Counties and so gives up much of his spare time.

The MR turns out in all weather and at all times and are purely staffed by Volunteers from a wide background including firefighters and police officers,accountans and dustmen.

Unlike here, the MR responds to every single call, regardless of whether it's a hiker lost on the moors or on the Pike or a sheep fallen down a crag, and in very bad weather they cannot get the Air Ambulance out and have to carry people off the mountain, and I woul remind you all, that these people risk their own lives voluntarily on some calls for help.

Anyway now that our problems are all out in the open, all the Ambulance Crews and staff at A&E have rallied round. One A&E doctor's brother is a solicitor and has offered us his help for free with this case.

It is at times like this I'm glad we live in a small and very supportive community with people I can rely on for help.

Meant to say too, if any of you are ever in the area of Buttermere there will always be a cuppa waiting:). And if any of you should ever be stuck on Scarfell Pike and need help from the Mountain Rescue orneed our Air Ambulance we will NEVER turn our backs.

Maria, you must be very proud of your husband and he is very lucky to have such a loyal and supportive wife.

I am often in the Lake District as it is a favourite area for me:)

I do hope Ian recovers soon.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Maria,

Well well, Buttermere, dear Buttermere. I bet Sykes' the Fishes and The Bridge were all busy on Bank Holiday Monday eh?

I hope you are able to sort things the way you want to. Three cheers to the awesome men and women of Mountain Rescue. Might just drop in for that cuppa.

x20

Thank you Ell-Enn for your kind message, but you know I'm the lucky one.

Ian is continuing to make good progress. Although the worst for him is feeling ashamed about his breakdown and thinking he's let everybody down.. but we'll continue to work on that one.

The girls went to see him today for the first time since being admitted to hospital. They were both very excited to show off their new school uniforms. They start next week, and we are not expecting Ian to be home by then.

He has been greatlly cheered by all his mates popping in and out.as have I really,and I think he's quite relieved now it's all out in the open, and he's realised that nobody is deserting him because of it.

The solicitor is coming up from London to see his brother at the week-end, and will pop in for all the paperwork, and try to help me with that although I'm not sure if it's his field.

Anyway, I am getting better myself,all of you who made kind comments helped with that as has all friends.

One of Ian's mates from the Ambulance Crew,a near retirement old Cockney,summed it all up for us today when he quoted Spike Milligan:

Ian mate, 'Money can't buy you friends, but you can get a better class of enemy'.

Well that made us laugh and we both realise how very rich we are.

Thanks again

Maria

Hi,

I have finally had the time to read all your responses.

To the VAST majority, thank you for your support in all respects.You all knowwho you are:)

However I have just noticed the post #16 from JonChris. I have taken your comments on board, but I would like to point out to you that I did not DEMAND attentention, and with an attitude like yours I would not want it. You may well be giving your time freely,and thank you for that, but you are not the only person in the world doing that. Read my story and take a good look around you next time you are out and about. You never know what the person next to you may be giving up their spare time for...helping other people, animals, hospital visitors etc. Most don't advertise the fact, and I'm pretty sure not many would have an attitude like yours.

I am also very certain that should you EVER, God forbid, have cause to dial 999 for help from any of the emergency services you will not be seen as demanding attention but a request for help. And you can be sure that you will get it, whatever your attitude at the time. You should be ashamed of yourself.

We do have 3 other creditors,who may well come after us,as this first one has done, but as I have said before, they can have what they want, it really is not that important to me anymore.

I won't be asking for help on here again, what I will do though is keep bumping newcomers posts until they get the help they nee from the kind people here. I do not want them to in the same situation as mine.

Ian is continuing to make good progress. Although the worst for him is feeling ashamed about his breakdown and thinking he's let everybody down.. but we'll continue to work on that one.

It is a recognised medical condition and Ian should not feel ashamed of it. It's not something that's self-inflicted nor can he have had any control over it. He should never be embarassed by it. Shame is a negative state and not the one that he should be experiencing. You must change the negative to positive. That will make him feel better about himself. A happier frame of mind is what will aid his recovery.

Regards, Rooster.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Well I wust say I'm really disappointed with this forum regarding my previous posts.

It seems only a few people are prepared to help. All seems very cliquey.Some get help others like myself and my husband,who are really as desperate as most other people don't.

I'm sorry I wasted my money on donations. Won't be using this again

But do be reasonable, there really ARE only a few people on here who have the in-depth knowledge with a lot of these issues. A lot of us are still very very new here and we just read read read to get as much information as we can to help us.

We all get frustrated and want personal attention, but at the moment, there just isn't the help around ... but if we all read and learn as much as we can, from the information given here then there are more of us to help in the future.

My motto on this site is "pay it forward" and if we all did that on this site, then the help will appear in abundance and no one needs to feel left out again :)

When you've had all the help you need, make sure you stick around to help others too!

Just think, if everyone left the site after they'd got their help, there might not be anyone left the next time YOU come back needing more assistance!!!!!!!

pa.press.net - 29.08.2008 22:41

Child injured in mountain plunge

B4ACE990BA2B369F141B99D8A7482E.jpg

A six-year-old girl has been seriously injured and a man and woman have been airlifted to hospital after they fell around 200 feet down a mountainside.

The three, who fell while walking on Sharp Edge, Blencathra, Cumbria, are believed to be members of the same family.

They were airlifted by Sea King helicopters from RAF Bulmer and RAF Valley to Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle.

A spokesman for the Ministry of Defence (MoD) said: "We believe they tumbled or fell about 200 feet. The child was described as seriously injured and the man less so.

"The second helicopter recovered the lady who had fallen and took her to hospital.

"It was wet and slippy. They were just below the cloud line around 2,000 feet up the mountain. It is quite steep there.

"Two other adults were taken down the mountain by Keswick Mountain Rescue team."

A spokeswoman for Cumbria Police said the man and child were believed to be conscious when they were airlifted to hospital

[EDIT]

Edited by Rooster-UK
Sniping at another user.

pa.press.net - 29.08.2008 22:41

Child injured in mountain plunge

B4ACE990BA2B369F141B99D8A7482E.jpg

A six-year-old girl has been seriously injured and a man and woman have been airlifted to hospital after they fell around 200 feet down a mountainside.

The three, who fell while walking on Sharp Edge, Blencathra, Cumbria, are believed to be members of the same family.

They were airlifted by Sea King helicopters from RAF Bulmer and RAF Valley to Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle.

A spokesman for the Ministry of Defence (MoD) said: "We believe they tumbled or fell about 200 feet. The child was described as seriously injured and the man less so.

"The second helicopter recovered the lady who had fallen and took her to hospital.

"It was wet and slippy. They were just below the cloud line around 2,000 feet up the mountain. It is quite steep there.

"Two other adults were taken down the mountain by Keswick Mountain Rescue team."

A spokeswoman for Cumbria Police said the man and child were believed to be conscious when they were airlifted to hospital

[EDIT]

Any up to date news on little girl -and others.Maybe tom you could post any news

Edited by Rooster-UK
Sniping remark removed from quote.

We do have 3 other creditors,who may well come after us,as this first one has done, but as I have said before, they can have what they want, it really is not that important to me anymore.

Please post about these when you are ready or when they pressurise you-maybe be able to help-the team has helped me over the last 2 years.Really hope the walkers all recover-and husband will im sure-must be strong doing that job.Please keep us up to date with walkers condition.Will look in tomorrow-tawnyowl

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5766 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks