New Crowne Plaza Liverpool Wedding Day Nightmare

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5719 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

This is my first post on here, dont know if its in the right category or not like but what the hay!

Recently married (1st August), someone from the family booked the new crowne plaza (formerly Marriot) in old speke airport in liverpool for our "honeymoon" night as a gift for us.

We were and still are very disappointed in the level of customer service we received during “checking-in” for our stay. What was disappointing was that we didn’t even get greeted with as much as a smile, “hello” or “can I help you” by one of the five or six employees’ in the foyer as we walked into the building. This made us feel uncomfortable and unwelcome.

I had to be the proactive one and get the attention of the female desk assistant. After taking our details and asking for a card, it soon came to her attention that the room was not paid for. (Someone else had booked it on our behalf as a wedding present for us and left their card details on your system ready for billing). She did not explain this to us, all she said was “it hasn’t been paid”. She did not offer us any help and she spoke in a blunt and abrupt manner, we were disgusted. Surely this really isn’t how they want their hotel to be represented. We asked if we could make a phone call (at approximately 1:45 in the morning that’s not very amusing). After making the phone call we were not asked if everything was alright and we were not offered a place to sit down. We discussed leaving at this point and speaking to local paper at a later stage. It seemed their employees’ had something better to attend to than their customers, the only thing I could gather being, a conversation totally unrelated to their work. We took ourselves outside and sat totally shocked and appalled, we felt sick. How can a business afford to offer so low level customer service? On somebody's wedding night during there opening week!!!

When we spoke to the supervisor in the morning she explained what happened and was extremely helpful and nice, she apologised numerous times while dealing with our complaint and was a credit to them. Our complaint is not with the hotel, it is a beautiful place. Jut the way they dealt with us as customers no our wedding night.....

So angry at this, currently writing a complaint letter......

Any thoughts anybody??? :(:confused::(:-?

• 1 month later...

POST DELETED. I feel that my opinion is a little too strong, so wish to withdraw it. I apologise if I offended anyone, and even though I am entitled to my opinion, there is a time and a place and this is not it. Apologies once again.

Edited by ciaomc2002
Apology

20 Creditors including 1 CCJ with - you guessed it - Bryan Carter! £13467.43 owing. £2000 paid off in the past 12 months!!!

post removed by user as to remove personal information

Edited by ciaomc2002
post removed by user as to remove personal information

20 Creditors including 1 CCJ with - you guessed it - Bryan Carter! £13467.43 owing. £2000 paid off in the past 12 months!!!

Sorry to say it but it is typical Liverpool.

Everywhere you go in this godforsaken city. I have a 120 mile round commute every day because I wouldnt be seen dead working here. Im so ashamed of the place.

Im so sorry for your issues.

Mark.

Bang out of order this statement, I am a proud Liverpudlian and can say this city has its problems and issues, as do many others of a similar size, but I can also state that it is a lot better than many of the cities I have visited - something I do on a very regular basis.

Dont tar the majority with the minority brush, Mark.

Me v Barlcays Bank - Claim Stayed

Me v Jaguar Cars 1 - Won £1650

Me v Jaguar Cars 2 - Winning

Me v London Borough of Newham - Won, Warrant of Execution live