Experian Outrageous!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4741 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish I was as clevere as sum off u folkes on here, i wdnt o soo much!!

But seriously, great letters both I have copied to file and may use in the future.

I heard a couple of weeks ago on radio 4`s today prog a comment in mid conversation on a similar matter, when a Euro MP(didnt get his name) said that the CRA`s would have to really change when the investigation ongoing at the moment was reported on as they have flouted the law for too long. Anyone know anything?

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

69d

Can you post up your final letter for other to see (obviously without the personal stuff)?

BobbyH

At this present moment in time i cannot post any letters due to the legal nature of my case between the 3 companies concerned at the moment,and we dont know who is genuine on this site and could put my case at risk,but i will post when the case has been finalised.but i will post the final letter from Experian received this week to restore my rating back to normal,just give me a couple of hours to do this.

• 7 months later...
dum de dum. I'll put the kettle on whilst I wait for the answer. :p

Dont be patronizing i have been severely ill and hospitalized for several months,i attach the letters after the case was concluded with great sucess but at a big barristers bill,but in the end i won.

The finance company and the credit referance agencies concerned where reporting a default when there could not possible be one as the contract was not enforceable by law,the vehicle supplied was not the vehicle on the credit agreement,my monthly payments were rescinded and the referance agencies reported a default,unfortunately for them this was illegal as they had no evidence and the finance company was unable to provide any,they removed the account after they were threatened with libel action for false reporting,damage to my credit worthiness,and harrassment.

The Credit referance companies gave 21 days notice to the finance company concerned,that unless they provided evidence of the contract existed they cannot report the account accurately,therfore it was removed.

The finance company solicitors also had a letter from the solicitors stating the credit rating to be restored immediately as you where reporting false statements,also stating action for libel.

It cost me £8000 in defending my rights but i handled the credit referance agencies myself with a copy of the evidence produced from my Barrister regarding the case.

credit ref.jpg

credit ref 001.jpg

credit ref 002.jpg

Edited by 69d

Dont be patronizing i have been severely ill and hospitalized for several months

Hi 69d, I'm sure iddles10 wasn't being patronising, (s)he was just wanting to see the letters you were about to post. That's the problem with communicating online, sometimes it's hard to judge one's mood.

Anyway, I hope you're feeling well after such a long period of illness. Well done for seeing this through to the end :)

The scans you have attached are just the thumbnails and are too small to read. Can you try to make them bigger please?

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

:eek: Of course I wasn't being patronising!!!

Your last post was in November of last year. Putting the kettle on was meant to be funny coz I didn't expect an answer any time soon, for whatever reason - nothing personal. Lots of people were saying that they couldn't wait for a response, as they seemed to be on the edge of their seats, like myself.

I'm so pleased that you won. I'm a bit new to this, but - how come you ended up paying your own costs if you won? :(

What you've achieved is crucial! If the CRA's are unable to retain information on accounts that can't be proven by creditors, then it's a fair argument for everyone else who doesn't have a properly executed agreement etc. If people were able to quote a case where a judge has ordered an agreement unenforceable and the reference agencies have removed an entry on that basis, it could set a presidence.

I hope you're very proud of yourself and that the battling didn't worsen your illness and that you're all better soon.

:D

Edited by iddles10

"Evancosmo" is short for the evanescent cosmopolite.

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE :rolleyes:

1st Credit: CCA request sent

Cabot: failed to provide CCA - s.10 DPA letter sent

Capquest#1: failed to provide CCA - s.10 DPA letter sent

Capquest#2: failed to provide CCA - s.10 DPA letter sent

Abbey: on going

Equifax: "attributable data" CCJ removed - Aug 09

:eek: Of course I wasn't being patronising!!!

Your last post was in November of last year. Putting the kettle on was meant to be funny coz I didn't expect an answer any time soon, for whatever reason - nothing personal. Lots of people were saying that they couldn't wait for a response, as they seemed to be on the edge of their seats, like myself.

I'm so pleased that you won. I'm a bit new to this, but - how come you ended up paying your own costs if you won? :(

What you've achieved is crucial! If the CRA's are unable to retain information on accounts that can't be proven by creditors, then it's a fair argument for everyone else who doesn't have a properly executed agreement etc. If people were able to quote a case where a judge has ordered an agreement unenforceable and the reference agencies have removed an entry on that basis, it could set a presidence.

I hope you're very proud of yourself and that the battling didn't worsen your illness and that you're all better soon.

:D

Each party was responsible for its own legal fees due to an agreement made by my solicitor with the finance company solicitors,that was we both bear our own costs on the basis i was being reasonable stopping payments which was my contractual right to do so as the contract does not comply,(The finance company stated i was not entitled to stop payments) this was found to be untrue and i was advised to stop payments immediately,therefore for 14 months i refused to pay nearly £500 pcm totalling about £6000 in total,therefore i was still driving a vehicle without paying,so that was to be treated as my compensation and i would be unreasonable if that was not taken into account.I also received compensation from the car dealer of £3000 after the offer of settlement.

The whole ordeal was very stressfull,ontop of trying to keep a very stressfull high profile safety job too and a looming serious operation planned to which i have recovered,you have to be determined to see it through to the end,and dont let the credit referance agencies tell you otherwise,english law prevails,they are not a law to themselves even when they state they cannot do anything by removing the information they produce,they must provide written evidence within 21 days from the finance company,if they cannot produce the evidence ask for the file to be supressed within 14 days,if they fail to do this issue them with a notice you intend to proceed with action for libel,you are also entitled to compensation for loss,to which you do not actually have to provide the costs of the loss.Also write to the commisioners office with a complaint,but this does take upto 3 months.Keep piling the pressure on them daily,bombard them with letters/emails for evidence of false reporting,if your in the right they will back down.my credit rating since the removal of the account has gone from 200 upto 900! that is what i needed as you wont lend another penny from anyone,since this i have purchased 2 houses and a new car,so its vital you attack,best of luck to you all.

And dont forget you need to write to all the credit reference agencies not just the one who reports your default.EXPERIAN CALL CREDIT & EQUIFAX

Edited by 69d

Hi 69d, I'm sure iddles10 wasn't being patronising, (s)he was just wanting to see the letters you were about to post. That's the problem with communicating online, sometimes it's hard to judge one's mood.

Anyway, I hope you're feeling well after such a long period of illness. Well done for seeing this through to the end :)

The scans you have attached are just the thumbnails and are too small to read. Can you try to make them bigger please?

Right click the image save to desktop and open with windows live photo gallery.if that dont work i aint a clue.

Right click the image save to desktop and open with windows live photo gallery.if that dont work i aint a clue.

The attached files are only about 203px × 280px - not big enough to read.

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

VICTORIES TO DATE THROUGH THE HELP OF THIS SITE:

1. Littlewoods Catalouge - No pursual of debt & wrote off £4500

2. Three mobile - Debt written off in full, all adverse entries including default removed from credit files, even got an apology from the Chairmans office

3. HSBC Bank - Partial refund for bank charges & claim lodged at court for outstanding charges.

4. HFC Bank - Ongoing - SAR'd in may- Going to register at court for non compliance.

5. Barclaycard - Being very awkward but Ongoing - These are a tricky bunch but they will fold before I do.

GOD BLESS CONSUMER ACTION GROUP!

• 1 year later...

To me it sounds like a back door for the dca's ....Where once a signed credit agreement was the only real currency accepted that you had an agreement with the a creditor it now appears that for the benefit of DCA's the likes of Experian are upholding credit agreements on the basis that

For example, if a company can demonstrate that an account was being paid on time for a number of months/years prior to falling into arrears, this is often seen as evidence that the individual concerned must have consented to the terms and conditions of a contract.

A company will only open an account if the applicant agrees to their terms and conditions so, unless the account was opened fraudulently, the account holder must have agreed to the standard terms and conditions for that type of account.

Thus giving the creditor/dca a helping hand. To me it seems as if the CRA's are becoming Judge/Jury & Executioner where peoples credit files are concerned. I no longer give a hoot as to my credit file, I'll not pay a CRA single dime more to view my file and if I'm refused credit for whatever reason then so be it but I'm certainly not ever going to entertain an CRA again in any format, they've gotten too big for their boots.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

I gave up when i received the same initial response over a year ago, didnt know where to go from there... May now pick up the gauntlet again thanks very much for some hope and if enough of us try same approach we may win.

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

Can i have the e mail address pse

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

• 1 month later...

ive just received an online report from exp its got data on from 10 years ago and even has an adress as a financial linked address for a house ive not lived in for 20 years what a mess

Nice little package for the ICO to go through, lets see if Experians PHILL will have any comments:madgrin:

• Confused 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Nice little package for the ICO to go through, lets see if Experians PHILL will have any comments:madgrin:

:lol::lol::lol: I'm sure Punxsutawney Phil will enlighten us presently!

Edited by The Debt Star

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.