• Tweets

• Hello, I'm wondering if someone can advise me on something. I'm appealing an order and have been asked to submit an appeal bundle and the below points are required to be included: 1) transcript of the judgment of the lower court on other record of reasons.  2) Statement of case. I'm wondering if anyone knows that "on other record of reasons" means. Also for statement of case would it just be a long document covering the reason for the claim, the findings of the lower court, why it was wrong and what I seek instead?   Thanks,
    • Hello, Thanks for the advice. I asserted my rights to reject and they accepted it and said they will refund me the full amount.  My question now is how long do they usually take to collect the vehicle? I've made it clear that I'm available for them to collect it whenever and I've been told its been passed on to the collections team. I chased it up today as its also raining heavily at the moment.  I just wondered if anyone had any experience on how long they usually take to collect? I'd obviously like it collected as soon as possible as I need to purchase another car.  Is it likely they will drag on the process of collection and what can I do if they do?  Thanks!
    • Why are FCA’s “name and shame” proposals causing a stir?View the full article
    • I am coming back to this thread after receiving a Single envelope containing 2 letters: 1 from Max Recovery telling me that my account was transferred to Drydens Fairfax in 2007 1 from Drydens Fairfax telling me that they are under instruction from their client to seek repayment.   These relate to a Barclays Overdraft from the early 00s, last payment through PayPlan was 04 June 2019, but neither of the letters are from Barclays themselves.   I have informed Drydens in both May 2019 and June 2023 of changes of address. No letters beyond a confirmation of the change and a request for finanical details have been received, which ive ignored.   What i was wanting to know is do i just ignore these as per previous advice? I know that i cant CCA an overdraft debt but what is the usual "plan" for dealing with old overdraft debts? Am i trying to run the clock down until June 2025 when it becomes statue barred?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Hsbc Mastercard Charges ***WON***

stush
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5723 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I sent a secure message to request statements for the last 6 years statements for my hsbc mastercard..which they were quite quick to send out..

I have now sent a message using the letter template requesting a refund of charges + interest from the last 6 years, which i think totalled approxomately £500.

I recieved a reply saying that it had been forwarded on to the relevant department. How long do you think I should wait for a reply?

Hi stush , welcome to the forum:)

The letter template should have had a timescale by which you want a reply - e'g' 14 days.... If they have not replied to your satisfaction by then, send the LBA, letter before action and follow the timetable religiously.

They will try to fob you off with phrases llike 'forwarded to the relevant department' - don't you believe it - it's a time-wasting exercise........

Come back if you have any further queries, stush , we're a friendly lot on here...:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

PS stush, - don't forget to send everything 'Recorded Delivery' so someone has to sign for it - saves it being 'lost' :rolleyes:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

thanks...so far i have don via secure msg'ing through my account online?? they sent the statements etc out....i'll see if they respond to my message for a refund of charges, otherwise will write to them.

thanks

Hiya stush, if you are doing your communication via online banking message system, you will need to print off a copy of the messages you send and receive. Personally, I would send all the letters, recorded delivery as johnny says, by post.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

morning,

i just recieved this secure message....

'Thank you for your e-mail dated 28 July regarding the concern you have raised.

I notice a letter was forwarded to your statement address on 28 July 2008. This letter provides you with all information and actions the relevant department wish to undertake. You will receive it within 10 working days at your statement address.'

do you think they require further nformation?

I wouldn't think so at this stage stush, - were it me I would send them a Preliminary Letter, (with a Schedule of the Charges you want refunded) - asking them to refund within 14 days.......

You will get a fob-off reply so ignore it, and after 14 days send the Letter Before Action - something like this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/586-credit-store-card-letter.html#post2952

Remember to enclose a copy of your Schedule of Charges with each letter, so they can't say they haven't got it .....

Come back if you have any more questions stush - there's always someone will answer ..........:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Thanks. I sent them a letter template requesting a refund of charges with interest, and the reply i got was that there was a letter sent yest which i should recieve soon...they said This letter will provide you with all information and actions the relevant department wish to undertake

This letter will provide you with all information and actions the relevant department wish to undertake

Which will probably be to waffle and fob you off.... but let's wait and see what it says ...then, if nothing is resolved - hit them with the LBA....... :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Which will probably be to waffle and fob you off.... but let's wait and see what it says ...then, if nothing is resolved - hit them with the LBA....... :D

oh my GOD!!

I recieved this letter from them today!! I am so surprised!

Letter gave some waffle about the OFT's case..a bit further down in the letter as i am a loyal customer they are refunding 100% of my claim, as long as I dont make any further claims...

Good result and speedy response.

Absolutely fantastic news stush.. Well done

:):):):):):):):)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Congratulations stush! well done!

That's a great result ! :lol::lol::lol::lol: and so quick, even for Credit Card............8-)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Thank you...I thought i wasnt going to have any luck what so ever!!! I though HSBC were going to pro long it as much as possible but no they were very quick to respond!! Halifax on the other hand seem to be the 1's which will take longer....and they owe me a lot more money!!!!!!

a bit further down in the letter as i am a loyal customer they are refunding 100% of my claim, as long as I dont make any further claims...

I'm a bit concerned about the proviso stush, - if you sign away that right it means they can overcharge again in the future and there's nothing you can do about it. Most people who sign for these refunds usually delete any clause which says this - and they still get paid.

Nemo me impune lacessit

Ah, I hadn't realised that stush :) - shouldn't be a problem - be a different account no.

Enjoy your refund - buy the cat a goldfish...!! :lol:

Hope you have as much luck with Halifax..........

Nemo me impune lacessit

I think they all try it on stush- all the banks who refunded charges (before the Test Case tied everything up) tried it. People just ruled through the condition, signed the form and were still paid out. :D

I know I did it with Barclays and HSBC.........

Nemo me impune lacessit

Congratulations Stush.:):):) That was a quick result.:D:D

Thank you, it sure was quick.

The letter they wish my to sign says the following.

I accept a goodwill payment of £527.80, the equivalent to a 100% refund of default charges plus contractual interest, in full and a final settlement of my claim against the bank.

Then i just need to sign and date it and send it back.

That looks OK to me stush - it's full and final settlement of this claim. That doesn't mean you can't have another which covers a subsequent timescale and different criteria............ :)

It's a great result.............:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

• 1 month later...

Letter gave some waffle about the OFT's case..a bit further down in the letter as i am a loyal customer they are refunding 100% of my claim, as long as I dont make any further claims...

Congratulations on your win.

The OFT case doesnt have anything to do with credit card charges claims does it ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Just the usual HSBC waffle , eh, folks? :D The 'Tell 'em anything , they'll believe it' philosophy :mad: Makes you mad, doesn't it?

Nemo me impune lacessit

Thanks Castlebest:)

It certainly does jm :mad:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D