• Tweets

• hi dx, thanks for helping just re-reading everything this morning and I must have missed this one from uncle in his thread "What you should not do, is not contact the Banks and simply default on payments. "  are you in disagreement with this based on your last sentence?
    • Thanks for the reply and clarification, that might just explain why in my case contact has pretty much ceased. Though with such companies it doesn't mean they won't ever threaten to return to court as a tool to force one's hand if they feel they are not self informed on their chances etc.  But concerning how last year they tried to use the CCJ to get a charging order and the court granted an intirum order on our mortgage using the CCJ that would have been a good 2-3 months beyond the 6 years, should the court not have checked the age of the CCJ in the first case or would they always grant an interim order simply off the back of a CCJ being produced without even checking the age of it?.  Had I not defended that action at the time they may well have got a default using a CCJ older than 6 years which could be a concern going forwards. At the time when I contacted the court to question the paperwork for a final order application the clerk suggested people don't get informed when companies apply for interim charging orders, they are automatic if a claimant has a CCJ and people only get contacted once a date for a final order application goes through. kind of begs the question if such companies can continue a seemingly backdoor method to attempt default action if un-defended if the initial application doesn't need to check the age of a CCJ?.
    • Hello!  Wondering if someone can help with this.  I suspect not but worth a go.  I appreciate the "contract is with the seller" line, which is what Evri has fed me but wanted to see if someone with experience in these things could suggest anything else I could do here.  I appreciate there are many topics about lost parcels - My parcels weren't lost, until the driver walked up to my door with them and then decided to make them lost/stolen... I'll summarise what has happened.  Wednesday of last week - Evri delivery driver stole / walked off with 3 of my parcels.  -  Arrived outside my properly, took photos (3 separate photos as its 3 separate deliveries) of the tops of the parcels (pointlessly zoomed in on just the labels, couldn't see anything else, other than a small piece of the pavement and a little weed, which doubly confirms it was outside my door as I can see the same plant), marked the order as delivered and walked off with them.  He's marked on the Evri GPS marked that he was outside.   -  3 different deliveries, from the same company (same boxes etc.), but 3 separate tracking numbers. -  Went through the Evri bot which opened a case on each tracking number.  I then phoned them and left a voicemail explaining what had happened. -  24 hours later had a canned response asking me if the packages had turned up and to check around etc..  I responded explaining again what happened and that they've definitely been taken. -  4 days later,  this morning, I get a response telling me to ask the merchant to refund me. I've responded to this message with a long email, repeating what I said, that I believe the driver has stolen these packages and that he took those suspicious top down shots of the packages, marked them as delivered without ringing or knocking etc.  I've said that I expect them to investigate further, but I gather they won't. In my several messages to them initially and later, I told them I don't care about a refund and wanted the parcels.  They contain some sentimental stuff, nothing of high monetary value, hence me going to this trouble.  I only paid £25 for the contents. I did contact the merchant when this first happened and they asked me to wait a few days.  They ended up refunding me despite me asking them not to and that I wanted them to escalate it with Evri because this appears to be a case of theft.  They didn't seem bothered - Refunded me and told me to go back to Evri and escalate it with them? So - Is there any way to compel Evri to conduct a proper investigation with this driver?  Search for my parcels? I have quite a lot of deliveries handled by Evri (not out of choice) - They used to have a fantastic chap and I rarely had any issues.  He has been replaced by a new guy and I believe the route is handled by this same guy who I believe has taken my packages.  Naturally, I fear this is going to happen again in the future if no investigation occurs. Appreciate any assistance - Thanks for reading. Al.  
    • its not a good thing or a bad thing its ongoing. mines gone the same route. these new notifications are equally meaningless.
    • Shein has been linked to unethical business practices, including forced labour allegations.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Home learning college

Reggaelover
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, this seemed the most appropriate place to post for my query so here goes. September last year i ended up having a salesman HLC turn up at my house pressuring me to do the course i ended up signing for the direct debit i still have the agreements (0% interest on payment). I didnt even want to do the course but it was a weird time for me and i buckled which is unusual of me, even with my parents next to me i was 19 at the time, letters than i was supposed to get didnt show up but i never clicked on and never realised any importance. I did recieve the course materials some were missing which got replaced when i contacted tutor via email, i havent actually done the course because well its pretty poor and i know it already, but when reading some nasty stories about home learning college and people getting threatened etc gave me some paranoia about mine, i have no problem paying the course fee of £1512 as im pretty sure im far to late to cancel even though the course is poor and getting in touch with them is difficult to say the least.

I was just abit scared that i might somehow end up getting charged more than the orginal price since from what ive read nothing is past these guys and what they will try, i was orginially with clysedale but i got a letter saying im now on Barclays Partner finance.

Sorry if this is a little long winded and confusing my head is spinning with thoughts and anger that i even ended up in this situation :| hehe. If theres any1 that could clear up some of it for me or have been in similar situation with home learning college althought most ive read were Apex and another finance company. Thanks for any replies and if you need more information ill try and help. i realise ive most probably wasted the £1512 which ill have to live with just hope i dont end up with something against my name somehow or even then asking for more.

• 7 months later...

BEWARE the STOW COLLEGE/HOME LEARNING COLLEGE collaboration. I also had their Rep at my flat and asked two very clearly worded questions to which I received decisive answers, namely Are there any fees for early settlement of the ZERO INTEREST loan? And, Do I need to have my ILA funding in place before I commit to starting the course?

Answers were - NO, and NO.

Once the rep was gone, I examined the finance paperwork and found that she'd filled it in with penalty charges for early settlement of the loans of £250, £500 and £750. This is punishment for repaying a ZERO INTEREST LOAN. That's barking mad. If they're not losing money by you taking longer to pay back the fee money, why would they punish you for giving them the money back sooner whereupon they'd get interest by putting it in the Bank?? Have I landed in Thick as Mince Universe by mistake?? Also, the next piece of mail to arrive at my house was from Stow College telling me that the ILA Award had to be already awarded before I start my course.

I have received no response to my complaint. These people are MORONS CONSUMMATE LIARS, and CROOKS. Avoid like the plague.

• 8 months later...

My Son signed up with Home Learning College.

Giot course materials done all on line tests etc., Waited 4 weeks for code to book his exam at a test centre finally got it yesturday after 4 weeks waiting, went to book this morning and cant use the code!

Many phone calls later we are now going up there for a refund!

Have also reported them to Consumer direct and trading standards. Both say they have breached contract and the supply of goods act 1982.

Will let you know how we get on.

Bub1

• 2 months later...

Hey People im New to this, but thought i'd let you know something.

i started a course back in 2005 with a company called Scheidegger Training. The company is very poor and did not provide the info or details needed to study the course. They did not even return e-mails or calls when i needed assistance.

WARNING! - This company is now known as Home Learning College.

Company that has to change its name says alot.

i'm studying with a company called NITLC. i have had no problems with them and next month i have a 2 day workshop, with hotel & meals provided. everytime i need assistance - someone is always there to help instantly. The advice is usually better than i expected.

hope i havnt blabd on too much.

Guest Home Learning College
Hey People im New to this, but thought i'd let you know something.

i started a course back in 2005 with a company called Scheidegger Training. The company is very poor and did not provide the info or details needed to study the course. They did not even return e-mails or calls when i needed assistance.

WARNING! - This company is now known as Home Learning College.

Hello

I just wanted to advise that Home Learning College does not and has never had any links with Scheidegger Training. This organisation is in fact the holding company for a competitor organisation.

Anyone who wishes to know more about Home Learning College's corporate history is welcome to contact me directly via our website for further information.

Students with issues concerning their course are invited to contact our Customer Service Manager, Ruth Brokenshire, who will be happy to help: [email protected]

Tor Goldfield

Home Learning College Communications Manager

Hey, Just to rectify a Previous Thread about Home Learning College: They are NOT and have Never been part of scheidegger training.

My Mistake.

But Just so Homelearning college is aware;

when i type in "scheidegger" in google, it comes out with home learning college. You should try find out why thats happening.

Hey, Just to rectify a Previous Thread about Home Learning College: They are NOT and have Never been part of scheidegger training.

My Mistake.

But Just so Homelearning college is aware;

when i type in "scheidegger" in google, it comes out with home learning college. You should try find out why thats happening.

Hi TrashCrasher

I've just done the same search through Google but couldn't find any links between them and Home Learning College. Was that the only search term you used? I'm keen to know if we are being referenced together as that would be inaccurate and something we need to address.

Thanks

Tor Goldfield

• 4 months later...
Hi TrashCrasher

I've just done the same search through Google but couldn't find any links between them and Home Learning College. Was that the only search term you used? I'm keen to know if we are being referenced together as that would be inaccurate and something we need to address.

Thanks

Tor Goldfield

Hi Gold Field

I wish to cancel my registration for Good reasons . I have paid my deposit & yet to recive my materials , I am well with the 7 days cancellation time .

Please let me how to cancellation procedure

Thanks for your honest help

I wish to cancel my registration at HLC for Good reasons . I have paid my deposit & yet to recive my materials , I am well with the 7 days cancellation time .

Please let me know waht is the cancellation procedure

Thanks for you all help

My advice is to call them up to cancel/enquire about cancelling AND also to write to them (sent by recorded delivery, so you have a record of delivery)

I'm yet to recieve my 'welcome pack' which should contain info on cancelling - but I'd get ahead of it and start now.

Their customer service number is 0208 6766025, and they should at least be able to supply you with the correct address to send your cancellation.

Don't waste any time or give them any benefit of doubt. Be firm but calm with them and if they offer you anything else just keep repeating 'no i want to cancel'.

Good luck with them (you'll need it)

Hi Gold Field

I wish to cancel my registration for Good reasons . I have paid my deposit & yet to recive my materials , I am well with the 7 days cancellation time .

If past experience is anything to go by, they may still withhold your deposit, although if I were you, I would pursue them all the way on that one.

Hi Gold Field

Hello Sakthi

If you wish to cancel your course please call our customer support team on 0208 676 6066. This number is manned Monday to Friday between 8am and 8pm.

Regards

Tor Goldfield

• 6 months later...

Good evening,

I signed for the Comp TIA A+ course in May 2010, received materials but it is not a course I was wishing to continue, have original course materials, (which admittedly have been opened). I have not at this stage taken part in any exam at this stage.

I have read with some interest about HLC on many sites including forums on this site, (of which I have decided to register to), I am wishing to know (and I apologise greatly if I am covering very old ground), but whether I can cancel from 7 days point, and if people have had success with this? Do i proceed with them first by letter, (i understand taking to them doesnt help, and i was one of those contacted for 'special offers'), and then persue citizens advice if unsuccesful?

Those who have seemed to have been in dire financial straights, or proceeding down court. I am very fortunate to be employed at this stage, and my heart and hopes goes out to those who are not on this forum, but financial constraints and an improvement on my work situation has left this course redundant for me.

Any advice?

Many thanks in advance

• 7 months later...