Blair, Oliver & Scott on my case now!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon,

Andy - hope so :D

Red - I'll get Mr Z to scan the docs later, I can "hide" any personal details in Serif and upload to photobucket and the forum myself, aren't I clever!!! One of these days I will learn how to scan!! :p

citizenB - why - you no trust me!!! :D

:lol::lol: Sorreeeeeeee, what I meant was that I wouldnt/couldnt comment until the docs were up.

As andy has said.. unenforceable. I wonder what the Trace Form is all about, I dont recally anyone else saying they have received one of those ?. It doesnt ask for your signature at all does it ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again Andy, a star as usual. We will do as you say. By the way, we are involved in litigation with a CCJ ongoing with the Co-op as posted in the Legal thread!!

If they try to go down the same route then we shall have to prepare ourselves once more, hope not as there are only so many dental appointments involving extensive work excuses (to explain time off) Mr Z can give his boss!!!! I suppose time will tell! No point in worrying about it until it happens. You reckon that EOS will be the next shower to attempt recovery as B, O & S will get nowhere - so will be back asking advice on how to deal with them!!

Thanks again Andy :)

citizenB, I was only pulling your leg!! I don't know what gets into me sometimes :grin:

I must admit, the trace form threw us too?? No, they don't ask for any signature. TBH, as far as I can see, it's been sent as information only so don't understand why they've sent it really :idea: Perhaps it was a mistake, lets be honest DCA's are not the sharpest tool in the box are they :D

Thanks babybear :) - it's good news, as far as I'm concerned, Hellifax have been real ignorant to our circumstances and I have a favourite saying - What goes around, comes around, I need say no more :D

citizenB, I was only pulling your leg!! I don't know what gets into me sometimes :grin:

:grin::grin: Aha.. is that why I have one leg longer than the other ? :grin:

lets be honest DCA's are not the sharpest tool in the box are they :D

You are not wrong there:roll:

Thanks babybear :) - it's good news, as far as I'm concerned, Hellifax have been real ignorant to our circumstances and I have a favourite saying - What goes around, comes around, I need say no more :D

Halifax are just down right ignorant.. full stop:roll:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks citizenB :) After my "faux pas" with the app form I hang my head in shame at saying that DCA's are not the sharpest tool in the box!!!

See what I mean by my saying - "what goes around, comes around" ? It's come back to bite me on the b**!!!!

Thanks again citizenB :)

Thanks citizenB :) After my "faux pas" with the app form I hang my head in shame at saying that DCA's are not the sharpest tool in the box!!!

See what I mean by my saying - "what goes around, comes around" ? It's come back to bite me on the b**!!!!

Thanks again citizenB :)

Ah, but WE are human.. there is no classification for DCAs :rolleyes:

BCOBS

• 3 weeks later...

Good afternoon all, Mrs Z here

Mr Z has recieved a "Do Not Ignore This Letter" from B, O & S today.

It is filled with threats of door to door collectors visiting, court action etc, etc.

Should Mr Z reply with a letter saying unless they come up with a properly executed CCA (as opposed to an unenforcable Application form) then they can go swivel or just file and totally ignore?

Any advice appreciated, thanks :)

Hi, Mrs Z, how are you both ?

I am just going to have a look back over your thread, see what letters you have already sent them.

Give me a few minutes. :D

BCOBS

Okey dokey.. you sent a complaint into the Financial Ombudsman a while back didnt you ?. Have you got their reference number handy ?

Letter to Blair Oliver & Scott.

Dear Sirs,

Account No:

FOS Ref No:

THIS ACCOUNT IS IN DISPUTE

I am sure as a firm of solicitors you must be well aware of what you can and cant do whilst an account is in dispute.

Both you and Halifax were made aware that in respect of Halifax not complying with a CCA request made on xx XXXX 2008, a complaint was made to the Financial Ombudsman on xx XXXX 2008. Their reference number is above.

This letter will be passed on to the Financial Ombudsman as will any other correspondence you send until their investigation is complete.

Please note, I will not enter into any further correspondence with you on this matter.

Yours etc..

cc : Financial Ombudsman, Ref No :..............

Make sure you send a copy to the ombudsman, with a covering letter just to say, would you please add this letter to my complaint dated, reference number.

BCOBS

DUH, I just realised that Duffer's mum had posted on your thread and it was her post that said she had made a complaint re BOS to FOS:roll:

Well, I guess you could either ignore them, or just send them a gentle reminder that Halifax are in the wrong... that all you received was a precontractural APPLICATION form .

SOmething like this...

Dear

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

I am surprised at the tone of your letter inasmuch as this account is in dispute ( include your reason here) and has been for (here put however long it has been in dispute).

I had hoped this matter could be resolved amicably, however your letter indicates this is not so. In this respect, I have today made an official complaint to the Financial Ombudsman and have included your letter as Halifax's final response.

Any further corrrespondence from you will be passed on to the FOS.

Edited by citizenB

BCOBS

No worries citizenB, thanks so much once again for going to the trouble of looking through the thread :)

Also, thanks so much for the draft letter. I will ponder on whether to write to them just yet or not :D May make them wait a while, see what else they come up with!!!

Kind Regards, Mrs Z

If it were me, I would ignore it. In my last letter to BOS a couple of months ago, I did say .. that if they were that certain they could win a court case without a compliant agreement.. then for goodness sakes, get on with it and do so. :D

BCOBS

Hi Mrs z

Do nothing file and ignore you wil only end up repeating everything again when the EOS numpties get their paws on the account and they will I assure you.

Regrads

Andy;)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, Mrs Z again!

B,O & S have sent a "Notice of Intended Court Action" letter this morning, despite them having recieved account in dispute letter and a letter telling them that the CCA they supplied was merely an application form.

Help! I'm losing the will here, what should we do next??

Any help much appreciated

A very stressed Mrs Z :Cry:

Subscribing

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

Hi all, Mrs Z again!

B,O & S have sent a "Notice of Intended Court Action" letter this morning, despite them having recieved account in dispute letter and a letter telling them that the CCA they supplied was merely an application form.

Any help much appreciated

A very stressed Mrs Z :Cry:

Never fear help is at hand. You can amend the letter I have posted on your other thread for these peeps as well.

BCOBS

This is what they are trying to achieve. Stick with it! Come back here frequently for your daily dose of encouragement.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Hi Mrs Z

So letter before Action no no no letter before being sent to E.O.S as I have advised and you will start again from the very beginning dont bother with any more letters please it realy is counter productive and a waste of your time energy and money.

Regards

Andy;)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy, but unfortunately I'm an impetuous fool. I was away at the post office posting said letter when you posted!! I can't really see it doing any harm, just as you say - I've wasted time and money, but it was a "letter before action" and I panicked - that is my defence m'lud :p

Regards, Mrs Z :)

Babydoll, no doubt Mr Z will get further grief from yet another set of cretins!! We shall have to wait and see :D

• 4 weeks later...

Good morning all, Mrs Z here

This morning Mr Z received a letter from Bank Of Scotland with enclosures re his Halifax CC CCA.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/Misterzeus/BOSFinal.jpg

Quick re cap:

Mr Z first heard from Blair et al in July, sent off a CCA request in reply.

More threatograms arrived from them in August and September and an alleged CCA (application form).

Letter sent mid September telling them the CCA did not comply etc. etc.

Notice of Intended Litigation sent in reply.

End of September letter sent by Mr Z in response under the Civil Procedure Rules.

Bank Of Scotland wrote mid October saying they’re dealing with Mr Z’s complaint.

Then the latest instalment today!

The CCA is exactly the same as Blair et al sent back in August – an application form.

9 Pages of what I presume are the “historical” Terms and Conditions but headed CREDIT CARD AGREEMENT REGULATED BY THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974.

8 pages of the current Terms and conditions headed the same.

Any advice on the next step please?

All comments/advice welcomed

Thank you, Mrs Z:)