Natwest Closing Accounts

cocococo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi , I was just wondering if anyone else banks with natwest and recenly received a letter like the one below , i have 2 step accounts with them and had no problems with accounts but this is the letter i have received

dear .....

We National Westminster Bank plc , have recently undertaken a review of the banking arrangements that you have with us , we have, withregret , reached the conclusion that we will no longer provide these facilities for you.

Consequently , we now require you to make alternative banking arrangements outside of National westminster bank plc , which includes the royal bank of scotland group within 30 days of the date of this letter.

Any body received anything similar , i have banked with them several years with no problems , why the hell would they do this

Hi cocococo

Not sure as to the reason but its an offer to good to refuse:D

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

why the hell would they do this

Well, if I was you, I'd be inclined to phone them and ask ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

It is likely to say that it was a commercial decision. They are closing the account I'm afraid.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

yeah right thanks for replys :rolleyes:

I was just asking if anyone else had received same letter !

I have rang them and they said there was no reason and if I had a grievance about the decision to fax a letter through , how can they say there was no reason specified and close account anyway , thats what I dont understand

I have seen it at work, on other forums and even here as well on a thread on the natwest forum last week.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

• 4 months later...

hi coco i have had the same problem recieved the same letter today and even went down to the branch and they cant give me a reason either im not being funny but they shouldn't give us account in the first place if they where planning to take it away and when i got the letter i felt so angry to be cheated like i done something wrong but i didnt know what.I've only been with the bank 3 months and i get all my benefits paid into there and im just annoyed that i need to sort another bank out and get all my benefits transfered just before christmas and they gave me 10 days to do it in which is likely to take longer than that. surely they cant treat people like this without a reason and i would take further action if i could.I know that someone is surposed to be ringing me monday to let me know the reason i will keep u posted if i get one or not.:-x

I don't know whether this is either relevent or helpful, but I banked with HFC/Household/Beneficial Finance for about 30 years. They recently closed my account. I didn't feel too bad about it because they actually closed ALL their current accounts and went back to loan sharking.

I also needed to make other arrangements and was pretty dammed scared because I didn't think ANYONE would give me a current account.

I went to HSBC (out of the frying pan, into the fire??) but they were great, The guy I spoke to said that 'everyone is entitled to a bank account'.

On these grounds, can Natwest actually, legally close your accounts??

T.

• 2 years later...

Hi

I received the account closing letter from natwest today. It was really shocking as i am having this account since 10 years with all the facilities . last month in my bank visit they were offering me loans and advantage gold account . Most frustrating is they cant say why they sent me closer notice as considering this as a commercial decision. They also refuse to log my complain . Now we do understand that they can close account at any time but as a loyal customer don't we have right to find out the reason so that we can rectify going forward and why would they have opened up an account if they taking this away from us without clarification/indication.

Hi , I was just wondering if anyone else banks with natwest and recenly received a letter like the one below , i have 2 step accounts with them and had no problems with accounts but this is the letter i have received

dear .....

We National Westminster Bank plc , have recently undertaken a review of the banking arrangements that you have with us , we have, withregret , reached the conclusion that we will no longer provide these facilities for you.

Consequently , we now require you to make alternative banking arrangements outside of National westminster bank plc , which includes the royal bank of scotland group within 30 days of the date of this letter.

Any body received anything similar , i have banked with them several years with no problems , why the hell would they do this