style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sending cheques is NOT the best way to do it, firstly the council might just send the cheque back to you, and secondly AND WORSE, they could send it on to the bailiffs, who would then grab whatever they wanted first, and worst of all, they would then have your account details :!::!::!:

You would save yourself the possibilty of this hassle and ensure that the money goes where you want it by paying it directly to the councills bank account, either through net banking, or over the counter at your bank. Just make sure that the payment includes the reference to your CT account.

Nil Illigitimus Carborundum

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update - I've recieved a reply from the court about my complaint it says that they do not deal with compensation and are only concerned with having baliffs removed if they have acted improperly, as I didn't ask for this in my complaint there is nothing further they can do.

Still waiting for a reply from the council themselves though

Who told you that, the managers office I bet & it's rubbish. The bailiff is probably well known to them

Compensation doesn't have to be mentioned in your complaint. The Judge can make an award of his own volition which will be taken from the bailiffs bond

Is your matter yet to be heard?? If so if found against the bailiff ask for compensation

I haven't got the letter with me (I'm at work) but it didn't say anything at all about it being heard it just said that as I wasn't asking for the baliff to be removed then they wasn't doing anything else with my complaint!

I used the wording from page one of this thread.

Should I write back?

Your compliant does NOT have to be about having the bailiffs certificate removed

You compliant need only be about the bailiffs behaviour. Then it's up to the court what will happen next & there are a number of avenues open one of which is to issue a caution AND order compensation be paid from the bond

So yes write back & demand your complaint be heard otherwise you WILL make a formal compliant to the Circuit judge

Also don't forget to mention the name of the person who signed their letter

• 1 month later...

Update on this!

Been paying the council £5 straight to them online, but they wrote to me and told me that they can't accept it and I have to deal with bailiffs. They also told me the amount still owed, it's about £400.

Bailiffs wrote to me and included a copy of the letter they wrote back to the council about my complaint. They basically saying that they never told me I was being arrested that they had agreed to my payments and I just hadn't kept them and they said they checked with the DVLA and when found out teh cars weren't mine they left that alone.

They telling me I owe them about £800 now! They sent another bailiff to my house last week (I was at work) and put another charge notice through my door again saying they would take the car infront of my house (it's still not my car!)

I still paying direct to the council but if they aren't accepting it where is the money going and why are the bailiffs still doing this?

Grrr!!

Update on this!

Been paying the council £5 straight to them online, but they wrote to me and told me that they can't accept it and I have to deal with bailiffs. They also told me the amount still owed, it's about £400.

Bailiffs wrote to me and included a copy of the letter they wrote back to the council about my complaint. They basically saying that they never told me I was being arrested that they had agreed to my payments and I just hadn't kept them and they said they checked with the DVLA and when found out teh cars weren't mine they left that alone.

They telling me I owe them about £800 now! They sent another bailiff to my house last week (I was at work) and put another charge notice through my door again saying they would take the car infront of my house (it's still not my car!)

I still paying direct to the council but if they aren't accepting it where is the money going and why are the bailiffs still doing this?

Grrr!!

THE money you have paid to the council will almost certainly have been accepted by them, whatever they say. Ask them for a print-out of your account to confirm this.

If they have stopped accepting your online payments, set up a standing order and carry on paying them that way. They have no legal right to refuse payment. If they do tell them that unless they immediately start accepting your payments you will do the following:

1. Take up the matter with your local councillor.

2. Report them to the local paper ('Cash-Strapped Council Refuses to Take My Money')

3. Report them to the Local Government Ombudsman.

But first, put your mind at rest by getting a print-out of your account, as suggested above.

As for the bailiffs: if they have never been allowed into your home and you have never signed a Walking Possession Order, which I presume is the case, they are powerless and will eventually give up.

Correct FP also the OP should not concern themselves about their threat to take the car in front of the house

They are permitted to assume it's the OP's car by I suspect that will now change because of their ability to readily access the DVLA

Therefore in the sincere hope that the person who owns the car in question is big, ugly & has a foul temper let them try to take it