parking control services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

new(ish) company so probably a standard PPC under a new name (old one too tarnished maybe..).

they have never filed any accounts and their return is overdue.

report them to companies house for a compliance failure

and treat them as rogues.

Have you read the stickies?

Then take a look at their website and read that it says this:

By parking the driver automatically enters into a Contract with you for you to issue a Fixed Penalty Charge.

You may find that answers your question.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

and they have a 'legal department'..

and their tickets are headed "Fixed Penalty Charge' according to the sample they provide...

jokers - not even worth winding them up.

according to their onsite order form their address is

27 Old Gloucester Street

WC1N

anyone nearby . . . .

Edited by lamma

What is also interesting is that they give the following in their clamping FAQ:

What happens if you damage a vehicle on my property?

We carry full Combined Liability Insurance (see our certificate), which covers us, to work on your property and we shall indemnify you against any claims that could arise.

If you take a look at their "certificate" here:

Parking Control Services - Solutions To Your Parking Problems

You will first see that they provide an Employers Liability Certificate which is utterly irrelevant to the question. You then see that they have £5Million of public liability insurance (that's good) but only for 7 employees.

Do we reckon that they can do all they claim with 7 people?

Are they using contractors? Are their contractors insured?

Never mind they give the landowner an "indemnity" that means that the landowner can pay claims with no obligation to mitigate and PCS has to reimburse.

Tough sh1t I say!!

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

EL cover usually does include PL as does this policy but I doubt it would indemnify their client, or them, when being successfully sued by a consumer for PCS's negligent or unlawful behaviour

EL cover usually does include PL as does this policy but I doubt it would indemnify their client, or them, when being successfully sued by a consumer for PCS's negligent or unlawful behaviour

EL cover pays for injuries to members of staff in the course of their employment. It never includes PL but they may be separate sections of the same policy as is the case here.

You can upgrade your doubt to a certainty!

thanks for your replys,

a brief outline of the case......a colleague of my wifes, a carer, attending an old lady, parks in the same place she has parked for the past 6 months. call takes 15 mins. returns to car, clamped!

calls the clampers, explains she has to have car released as she has very young child expecting her at home. clamper returns 3 hours later. she argues that there are no signs and that she was on legitimate call with a note on her dashboard. clamper checks parking area and finds the notice on the floor, and puts it up in a temporary position.

result, £75 plus £125 clamping fee =£200 for 15 mins.

what really gets my goat with these rogues is that to contact them you have to call an 0900 number at £1.50 min.

anyway, i'll let the lady know that she is dealing with cowboys, as i suspected.

thanks for your responses,

barty.

EL cover pays for injuries to members of staff in the course of their employment. It never includes PL but they may be separate sections of the same policy as is the case here.

You can upgrade your doubt to a certainty!

If you read the document you will see that PL IS included at a premium cost of £504

As I stated most EL policies include PL

However to suggest it covers them with regard to their client is misleading. PL (Public Liability) means just that public not contractual

Just been looking at their website - what a hoot!

They have samples of their ticketing system including those yellow plastic wallets stating:

"It is an offence for anyone other than the driver to remove this ticket"

If you were lucky enough to get one of these tickets, you could have some fun.

Wait for the bogus "notice to registered keeper" to come through the door and write back.

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your letter dated ********. It begins to answer a dilemma I've been in for the past couple of weeks.

I noticed a yellow sticker attached to the car stating it was illegal for it to be removed by anyone other than the driver. Unfortunately, the driver at the time did not do this. As mere registered keeper, I did not feel qualified to remove the notice myself, not wanting to get into trouble.

Do I now have your permission to dispose of the ticket in an environmentally responsible way?

You clearly have issues which you wish to take up with the driver of the vehicle at the time. When you catch up with them, please give them a ticking off from me.

y/f

If you read the document you will see that PL IS included at a premium cost of £504

As I stated most EL policies include PL

However to suggest it covers them with regard to their client is misleading. PL (Public Liability) means just that public not contractual

I did read it thank you!

I know what you stated but I think what you may mean to say is that "most commercial liability policies cover both Employers and Public Liability."

That is what they have, it is a single combined liability policy that covers Employers Liability and Public and Products Liability. Stand-alone Public Liability policies often cover Products Liability as well but a stand alone Employers Liabilty policy will never cover Public Liability (or any other class).

Edited by Bernie_the_Bolt
Was too harsh, on reflection

If they were to include contractual liability they would need a separate policy called "Contractor's All Risk" - a very much more expensive proposition.

Not quite, a CAR policy is generally used to cover stuff like building works etc. It is not designed to include contractual liability. In fact they don't need contractual liability (which covers their liability assumed by them under contract) what they should have is their contractors and sub-contractors included as additional insureds under their public liability.

Given that they have declared 7 employees I very much doubt that they have this.

SO what does this mean.

It means that anyone who engages these people should be concerned that if damage is caused to vehicles that it may well be uninsured, PCS may tun out to be a "man of straw" and unable to meet its obligations under its indemnity and you are left carrying the can.

If you are clamped by a PCS contractor it means that if your vehicle is damaged, you may find yourself with no oprtion but to claim on your own insurance and/or self fund the repairs.

(Sorry for the insurance masterclass stuff!)

If they were to include contractual liability they would need a separate policy called "Contractor's All Risk" - a very much more expensive proposition.

but I think you'll agree that's not what's being implied

I did read it thank you!

I know what you stated but I think what you may mean to say is that "most commercial liability policies cover both Employers and Public Liability."

That is what they have, it is a single combined liability policy that covers Employers Liability and Public and Products Liability. Stand-alone Public Liability policies often cover Products Liability as well but a stand alone Employers Liabilty policy will never cover Public Liability (or any other class).

I'm not disagreeing with you Bernie. I'm simply stating that MOST EL policies sold are combined with PL & again I'm not disagreeing I'm saying that their PL will not give the sort of cover to their clients which they seem to imply on their website

• 10 months later...

I have had (bad) experiences with this outfit and I thought I would share those here.

Briefly in terms of the facts, I was driving a friends car and had it clamped in an area of Bow, East London where there was not any signs showing I couldn't park there. It turned out that the signs had been pulled down. My friend paid in cash for the release to the tune of £235.

In the eyes of the law, where there is no sign prohibiting parking, the clamping is illegal, as the driver/owner has not consented to the risk that his/her car may be clamped (Vine v London Borough of Waltham Forest is the relevant authority). Having discovered this, I felt it was worth the fight and so I disputed it with Parking Control Services in the first instance and received their computer generated response telling me to seek legal advice. I actually happen to be a trainee solicitor and so I followed this through to the Courts.

I issued proceedings in the County Court and Parking Control Services didn't even bother to file a defence. I obtained judgment in my favour, naively thinking at the time that I would get my money back. However the following is crucial to anyone thinking of chasing these cowboys:

1. Don't be fooled by their smart website and fancy EC2 postcode. This is a PO Box address.

2. Their registered company address is some obscure address up in Park Royal, North London. This is likewise a shell outfit.

The upshot of this is that there is no means of enforcing your judgment should you obtain one. In the normal course of things, you can pay for an enforcement order (£55) and the Court will send bailiffs round to secure the possessions of the defendant. In the normal course of things, the threat of bailiffs on their door going to seize company computers should compel them to pay up. Of course, because there is no office and no computers/other high value items to seize, getting a bailiff will be a waste of time and money.

If you have paid a clamping release fee by card then you may have another trick up your sleeve, namely a Third Party Debt Order. A Third Party Debt Order is essentially where with the bank details of the defendant, the court orders the bank to freeze it, disallowing any money going in and reserving the money owed to you. This is an effective method of enforcement, however you will most likely need legal representation for this as you need to persuade the bank of Parking Control Services to disclose these bank details to you for the purposes of litigation. In which case, I would recommend going to a local Citizens Advice Bureau and they can point you in the direction of a local free legal advice centre. I personally volunteer at one called Toynbee Hall which is based near Aldgate East tube, East London.

One further point, it may be prudent to check out the company before you begin on the long process of suing them. If the company has a whole host of County Court judgments against them, they probably won't pay up yours either, so its worth doing a search against them. This can be done online at www.registry-trust.gov.uk for a fee of £8.

Any questions on this, I'll do my best to respond and clarify.

NB: Please do not directly rely on this as legal advice. The above is intended as helpful guidance and the writer accepts no responsibility for any inaccuracy or any losses that this may incur.

• Haha 1

look at the SIA website, if its the same clamping outfit Parking Control Services they were operating illegally as of setember 08. The clamper need a frontline license and the principals nee a non frontline license, if they are operating withour either then you can sue the landowner.

Director Information for SANJEEV GILL

Businessman

trasp

Companies Information For SANJEEV GILL

Parking Control Services Ltd

unit k4z southall business centre

Director

UNIT 4-5 THE BRIDGE BUSINESS CENTRE BRIDGE ROAD SOUTHALL Middlesex UB2 4AY

Deli 177 Ltd

Company Secretary

177 THE BROADWAY SOUTHALL Middlesex UB1 1LX

gill, sanjeev 10/02/1976 iver SL0

gill, sunil 01/01/1971 iver SL0

gill, meena 01/01/1980 iver SL0

masih, aloysius joyti 20/06/1966 iver SL0

gill, babita 24/09/1981 iver SL0

gill, sital 10/05/1980 iver SL0

Parking Control Services Limited (registered company number 06043819) is not the same as "Parking Control Services" who I was unfortunate enough to deal with.

Parking Control Services is their trading name, their company is Magnaco Ltd, Registered office: 7-11 Minerva Road, London NW10 6HJ Registered in England & Wales No: 04809559.

As a footnote to this whole ordeal, I would love to hear from anyone who has also had a successful judgment against Parking Control Services. If £750 is owed to debtors, it is enough to make an application to court to wind up the company. If I could find enough people who are also owed money, I would consider looking into making such a joint application to finish their operation and get our money back as secured creditors. It is not something I have looked into extensively, but its the only option I can now think of to get my money back!

This may be unlikely, but if you have got a judgment against them then please contact me and we can see if we can take it further still!