• Tweets

• I'm sure I've said before that it's fine and dandy bringing in rules that favour you or your party, but you have to consider how it would play out if your opponents get in and want to use the same rules...
    • Its Gaelic celebration and bonfires today - Beltane Quite fortuitous for tomorrow lets hope
    • look on the bright side - it would allow Biden to do what he likes ...
    • Few tweaks as the run order was completely messed up and the main point of your defence (reconstituted agreement) pushed to the bottom of the statement.   I, XXXXXX, being the Defendant in this case will state as follows; I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence in this claim and further to my set aside application dated 1 November 2022. 1.The claimants witness statement confirms that it mostly relies on hearsay evidence as confirmed by the drafts in person in the opening paragraph. It is my understanding they must serve notice to any hearsay evidence pursuant to CPR 33.2(1)(B) (notice of intention to rely on hearsay evidence) and Section 2 (1) (A) of the Civil Evidence Act. 2.  I understand that the claimant is an Assignee, a buyer of defunct or bad debts, which are bought on mass portfolios at a much reduced cost to the amount claimed and which the original creditors have already wrote off as a capital loss and claimed against taxable income as confirmed in the claimants witness statement exhibit by way of the Deed of Assignment. 3. As an assignee or creditor as defined in section 189 of the CCA this applies to this new requirement on assignment of rights.  This means that when an assignee purchases debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information).  The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party. 4.  I became aware of original Judgement following a routine credit check on or around 14th September 2020. 5. The alleged letter of claim dated 7 January 2020 was served to a previous address which I moved out of in 2018, no effort was made to ascertain my correct address.  I have attached a copy of my tenancy agreement which is marked ‘Appendix 1’ and shows I was residing at a difference address as of 11 December 2018 and was therefore not at the service address at the time the proceedings were served.  I have also attached an email from my solicitors to the Claimants solicitors dated 14 July 2022 which was sent to them requesting that they disclose the trace of evidence they utilised prior to issuing the proceedings against me.  This is marked ‘Appendix 2’. The claimants solicitors did not provide me with these documents. 6. Under The Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims 2017 a Debt Buyer must undertake all reasonable enquiries to ensure the correct address of a debtor, this can be as simple as a credit file search. The Claimant failed to carry out such basic checks. Subsequently all letters prior to and including ,The Pre action Protocol letter of claim dated 7 January 2020 and the claim form dated 14th February 2020 were all served to a previous address which I moved out of in 2018. 7. Upon the discovery of the Judgement debt, I made immediate contact with the Court and the Claimant Solicitors, putting them on notice that I was making investigations in relation to the Judgement debt as it was not familiar to me.  I asked them to provide me with a copy of the original loan agreement but this was not provided to me.   The correspondence to the Claimant Solicitor's is attached and marked ‘Appendix 3’ 8. On (insert date) I successfully made application to set a side the judgment. The claim proceeded to allocation, 9. The claimant failed to comply with the additional directions ordered by District Judge Davis on the 2 February 2024 'The Claim shall be automatically struck out at 4pm on 3 April 2024 unless the Claimant delivers to the Court and to the Defendant the following documents.' None of these documents were received by the court nor the defendant by that date. (insert date you did receive the documents) I then sent a Data Subject Access Request to Barclays but no agreement was provided. Details the timeline of communication between myself and Barclays are attached and marked ‘Appendix 4’and the copies of correspondence between myself and Barclays are attached and marked ‘Appendix 5’. Remove irrelevant 10.The claimant relies upon and has exhibited a reconstituted version of the alleged agreement. It is again denied that I have ever entered into an agreement with Barclaycard on or around 2000.  It is admitted that I did hold other credit agreements with other creditors and as such should this be a debt that was assigned to Barclaycard from another brand therefore the reconstituted agreement disclosed is invalid being pre April 2007 and not legally enforceable pursuant to HHJ Judge Waksman in Carey v HSBC 2009 EWHC3417.  Details of this are attached and marked ‘Appendix 6’. The original credit agreement must be provided along with any reconstituted version on a modified credit agreement and must contain the names and address of debtor and creditor, agreement number and cancelation clause. 11. Therefore the claimant is put to strict proof to disclose a true executed legible agreement on which its claim relies upon and not mislead the court. 12. It is denied I have ever received a default Notice pursuant to sec 87(1) CCA1974.The claimant is put to strict proof to evidence from the original creditors internal document software the trigger of said notice.  13.   As per CPR 1.4(2)(a) the court encourages parties to cooperate with each other in the conduct of proceedings in order to try and save time and costs for the parties and to also save the time and resources of the court however, despite vast attempts at mediation the claimants have been most unreasonable and have remained unwilling to mediate. 14. Until such time the claimant can comply and disclose a true executed copy of the original assigned agreement they refer to within the particulars of this claim they are not entitled while the default continues, to enforce the agreement pursuant to section 78.6 (a) of the Credit Consumer Act 1974. I believe that the facts stated in this Witness Statement are true.  I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth. Signed                 ………………………………………………….. Name                  XXXX Date                     30 April 2024   Run 3 copies Court /Claimants Sol/File
    • As one of you mentioned above I've been in a mess for nearly 20 years now and I'm ready to sort my credit report out now - the main reason I got into second round of debt is my kids being unwell and the state considering them not unwell enough for extra help so despite my son being in hospital for 3 months in one year we got extra zero help and I eventually lost my job and got into debt to just so I can be تا my sons hospital bed at his time of need - my life basically fell apart and all these debts got me again 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Repossessions are big business

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3860 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 7 months later...

please bare with me I have a head injury and am dylxeic as I tried to contact this site before and the only reply I got was A snotty engish teacher:confused:

I had a motgage and was reposesed thats another story wich I shall return to. Any how the abode was dissposed of for far less than market value advertised as a one bed abode never the less it sold 11 years pss and I ma just getting over the orriginal insult and mid December they start to persue me for the rest of the sum owing which according to the fiction they sent me £32000 + compound +costs this spun me out and I nearly did my self in I went to the cab to get help an their advice was how do you want to resolve thids debt. Like roll over and play dead It caused me some troublr but I found my file and at the very end of it it says no costs to be payed with out leave of the court

So I go back to the DCA and tell em to find me final judgment particulars of claim one or two other red herrings they couddnt produce a final jugment there has been no final determination the debt that was owed was £19000 they have hit me wit Some £57000 legal costs to reposess me BAAAAA

there is more I have just instigated small claims proccedings against DCA I need the postal address of a DCA all concerned will not help as the fire is burning back as it was the DCA that has reignited the case as I have put up a spirited defence they dropped the £32000 saying you owe nothing we will not pursue the matter any further

this must be a linked trans action as if I owed £32000+ compound +costs and now I dont mmmmmm and have been troubled by an agent they have given me a transaction history new evidence plus mortgage comp being grossly unfair and abusing thier possition over me with an abuse of process charges ETC the ocal solicitors eyes glaze over it is too much for them there is too uch to put down in an email

no court costs as on incap ambulance chased missold mort ppi endowment charged over charred took to court payed over half the mortgagfe of in one hit and asked for a period of rest from there harrssment 2nd lot of court costs repossed steem rollered

And it starts again 11 years later :mad::mad::mad::mad:

NEED A DIRECTION TO GO IN TO SPEAK

As they have said I owe nothing or their client is not pessuing this matter it any further that means it must be a form of transaction So not only have I been contacted there has been a transaction of sum sorts now according to the 1974 cca 137-140 it states "any transaction" as I wish to go back to court and have another go several goes as th land was registerd in my name and I had assinged a leases I am due some back rent under the law of propertys acts 1925 rule 141I neeed to have dialog with someone who has a bit of experiance with the 1974 cca 137-140 they are doing this with out leave of the court ther for it must be unlawful harrasment they have produced a transaction history that my accountant pulled apart I want my money back, my flat back , them to pay for what they took from me and damiges it is fesabley possibul to do this I just need a little help

Edited by X10phoenix01X

Have you still got all the letters etc saying you dont owe anything I would most likly send a copy of that a politly tell them to P@&% off as if they have stated you owe nothing they carnt come back after 11 years saying that you do

But as Im no expert on mortgage etc I will let one of the other nice people on here confirm what I have said

Dont worry about it we will get you through it smiling :) or do our best trying

Will

Thanks but my intentions are to burn the motgage company in county court and finaly in the high court as what they did to me was grossly unfair and they have done it to othrers the law has a statute of limitations and the 1974 cca has another 9.5 years to run it my right to invoke this law and have the case reexammaned in the high court It could be a stand alone case that sets a precedent that breaches the otherwise inpenitrable wall they put up as their defence so it may appear I am up 32000 they have nort payed for what they have done as I was to all intence and pourpose repossed being some 4000 in advance not dead yet look up the 1974 cca 137-140 extortionate bargans

• 1 month later...

hi im hoping someone can help me

my boyfriend has got into a mess with his mortgage payments due to lack of work.

facts....

he was 3k behind on payments last year, it went to court where it was agreed with the judge that he could pay the monthly payment plus 500 cover the arreas, he did well with this up till november time when work dryed up again (he is a builder)

he is now 7k in arreas (total) and has received an eviction notice for the 3rd april, ( he did not receive notice that they had applied for one)

he has spoken to the mortgage company last week prior to receiving the eviction notice and agreed to pay 2.5k by end of this week then a mortgage payment begiing of april then a mortgage payment and 100 towards the arreas in begining of may... he put all this in writting to them, and asked that they would send in writting and they said no need to as is on there system.... are they just trying to take money off us then evict us anyway..... its so hard to think when you thought you had sorted with them and then comes an eviction notice on the door step stamped by the court... please help

xx

Conciddering the state of the banks and how much the government have bailed them out by he may have to throw him self on the mercy of the courts or at least show willing that its gatting paid or he is attempting to pay

they have some front reposesssing people out of their houses hopfully when my case comes up it will have some effect on hoe the law is applyied to matters such as reposessions as I am still at it and had a good result last week in the county court

how much equity is left in the abode

who are the mortgage company how many applications are there to reposess

what is the interest rate that they are charging in comparison with the current interest rates

Are they capitalizing the legal costs as areares

Get every thing in writing EVERY THING

I am in the middle of mine the only help you are going to get is to help your self of keep making a noise on this or related sites

I wish you all the luck but you will have to be more spacific in your request and without seeing a whole file and having a compleat history of events its guess work

keep all papperwork tydy and together in date order comunicate constantly with them negotate get it added to the end of the term effectively remorgage the arres go but keep up with the payments

point out that there is little proft in it try to sell on todays market rent it out to get the arears payed off assigne a lease

DON NO IGNORE ANY CORRISPONDENCE REPLY TO IT ALL s

stay calm and dispationate when addressing the judge

WORK OUT IT IS YOU WANT TO ASK I understand the desparation you must be going through so a conciddered approach wold be of bennifit to your self and any one offering advice as my boyfriend has got into trouble Blaa details are what the judges go on and the rule of law go to the cab speak to debt counslers do not take it on on your own unless you have a really strong ground so stand on so if you want any advice you will have to furnish the out line with exact and precise details to the penny

dont take life too seriously its only a house there is life after reposesion I know it can really Fu*k you up in the process

all the best

• 2 months later...

The water company are repossessing my home for a couple of missed water bills - no it's completely true! They went through the Northampton bulk claims centre and provided incorrect information so the first I heard was the letter from the land registry saying an interim charging order had been placed, and then they're just unstoppable. I asked the land registry how many of these letters they'd sent out this year, and it was over 100000 so it really is big business. Whoever thought it was a good idea to privatize water and expect it to be self regulating was wrong.

I reckon if everyone who has been repossessed moved in with someone like their MP, the manager of the bank etc... or even just camped in their garden, something would happen. I'm going to try it. There are plenty of people in the chain who should have helped but didn't. I just have to find out who me and my family can move in with.

• 3 weeks later...

meursault22

I can't believe it ! I know water companies make charging orders on properties for their unpaid bills - it happened to me -but repossessing ?

I think the national press would be interested in you story. Are you certain their are reposessing ? Have you received court papers ? If so what ?

http://rocketspage.wordpress.com

• 2 months later...

Yes I'm sure,

I have letters directly from the water company confirming this. I have attended court twice already for an order of sale based only on their extra administration costs. At each time they requested an adjournment to investigate the evidence of payment that I presented and this has led to much more costs being added to my bill.

It would be assumed that an order of sale means that you are forced to sell your property unless you come up with the money, but that is not how it works. When the order is granted, the water company seizes ownership of your home and sends bailiffs to evict you and your family. They then charge whatever they want in administration fees for selling your home and are even allowed to use their own valuation, so after losing your home, it's likely that you'll still end up owing more money than before!

For some reason, in court, it's assumed that the water company is more honest that the individual, regardless of the evidence!!! I guess it doesn't help that the hearing is always in the domain of the water company, so everyone involved with the hearing - all the solicitors, the judge, the case manager, everyone are all customers of the same water company. They must be because there's no choice of who you buy your water/drainage from. When it suits them, water charges are a statutory bill, meaning that they don't have to supply any form of contract, but they choose to use laws that are only applicable to goods and services contracts when it's favourable to them.

I would have thought that the national press would be interested too, but actually no-one is interested.

Edited by meursault22

Go to your local MP and get them involved, this sounds wrong, the water company have very little authority to do this. In fact I would also get hold of a senior director within the water company and continually email them until they put a hold on the nonsense.

Also get hold of Ell-enn on this site as they will be able to help you more with getting a court to listen to you.

Have you contacted Ofwat or The Consumer Council for Water? You should also check to see if your water company is part of a trust fund.

Grants to Individuals | British Gas Energy Trust and Scottish Gas Energy Trust

National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 23 Water Rates New Rules

I know they often use charging orders for enforcement but to go for an order for sale is unbelievable for what must be a fairly small debt on the scale of things and it's secured...:mad:

Yes I have contacted both Ofwat and The Consumer Council for Water. Offwat informed me that they have no powers on behalf of individual customers, and the water company have carried on regardless of what the Consumer Council for Water has said, proving exactly how powerless they are! Yes, the debt is very small (and was paid) but ever increasing by the addition of interest, administration charges, charges for letters to the Consumer Council for Water, Ofwat, and others etc...

Edited by meursault22

The first CCJ was passed at the Northampton Bulk Centre by default because I didn't even know it was going on. Since then, the have been granted a costs order because the water company disputed the validity of my receipts (and were granted two adjournments to investigate them at great cost to myself!). It seems that the courts assume a large amount of integrity on the part of the water company when in fact that is something they are completely lacking.

I have tried getting the judgements set aside but have been told that there is an time limit of 30 days after the judgement and after that it cannot be changed. I did not find out about the original judgement until I received a letter from the Land Registry informing me of the charging order.

The first CCJ was passed at the Northampton Bulk Centre by default because I didn't even know it was going on. Since then, the have been granted a costs order because the water company disputed the validity of my receipts (and were granted two adjournments to investigate them at great cost to myself!). It seems that the courts assume a large amount of integrity on the part of the water company when in fact that is something they are completely lacking.

I have tried getting the judgements set aside but have been told that there is an time limit of 30 days after the judgement and after that it cannot be changed. I did not find out about the original judgement until I received a letter from the Land Registry informing me of the charging order.

How long ago was the CCJ given? Have you filled in court form N244 or were you just told that you couldn't get it set-aside?

If it was granted by default, you weren't informed and the amounts were incorrect you should have had good grounds to contest it regardless of the time. Although it does make a difference in acting early that shouldn't come into it as you weren't aware of it until the LR wrote to you.

If you can be a bit more concise with what has happened and the time frame I'm sure that there is something that Cag can do to help and further advise you.

I was following the exact advice that you have given, which was also kindly given by a member here, but when I tried to lodge the N244 form at the court, was told that it was far too late. I insisted on submitting it anyway and never heard anything back from the court regarding this. I'll try again and see what happens.

I was following the exact advice that you have given, which was also kindly given by a member here, but when I tried to lodge the N244 form at the court, was told that it was far too late. I insisted on submitting it anyway and never heard anything back from the court regarding this. I'll try again and see what happens.

Did you pay the fee? I'd draw it to the attention of the courts that you haven't received a reply. I can't see why it wouldn't have been accepted and acted on. It's a judge who should decide, not the court clerks.

If you submit again, keep a copy of the N244 and get a receipt.

• 6 months later...

'hi im hoping someone can help me

my boyfriend has got into a mess with his mortgage payments due to lack of work.'

Not sure if anyone has told you about this route. I know it works as i have/am doing it and have not paid my mortgage for over two years!

So, if all else fails - ask them to provide evidence that 'legal consideration' took place. Unfortunately i do not think it is good to get advice for ANYONE without investigating it yourself, otherwise they will catch you out easily enough and make you feel like you got it wrong even when you haven't - such is the law in this great country

I can however garuntee that they did NOT have the funds for the mortgage until he signed the contract, which goes against 'legal consideration' as he put up his house and they put up nothing. They then proceeded to create the money once the agreement was signed. Thus the contract is null and void.

My mortgage provider has given up with me, twice now the court case has been adjourned with it being kicked out by the judge on the second time. they now ignore ME haha how the tables have turned.

Now i have a free house to dwell in.

Anyone wants to say i'm wrong then fine. Let them pay their void contracts, why should i worry!? And what reason would i have to come on here and lie?? none....you're right

Take care all and try to keep your head out of the illusionary system

Love and peace

C.

'hi im hoping someone can help me

my boyfriend has got into a mess with his mortgage payments due to lack of work.'

Not sure if anyone has told you about this route. I know it works as i have/am doing it and have not paid my mortgage for over two years!

So, if all else fails - ask them to provide evidence that 'legal consideration' took place. Unfortunately i do not think it is good to get advice for ANYONE without investigating it yourself, otherwise they will catch you out easily enough and make you feel like you got it wrong even when you haven't - such is the law in this great country

I can however garuntee that they did NOT have the funds for the mortgage until he signed the contract, which goes against 'legal consideration' as he put up his house and they put up nothing. They then proceeded to create the money once the agreement was signed. Thus the contract is null and void.

My mortgage provider has given up with me, twice now the court case has been adjourned with it being kicked out by the judge on the second time. they now ignore ME haha how the tables have turned.

Now i have a free house to dwell in.

Anyone wants to say i'm wrong then fine. Let them pay their void contracts, why should i worry!? And what reason would i have to come on here and lie?? none....you're right

Take care all and try to keep your head out of the illusionary system

Love and peace

C.

Can you provide more details

Hi

Yes of course i can but which details do you wish to hear?

My court case details shall obviously remain private and i can only direct you to the ins and outs of my position against the 'lender'.

What is needed, for all people as not even 'mortgage advisers' or 'lawyers' were able to answer my questions, is an understanding of how money is created in the fractional reserve system, which is opperated by this country pretty much as it is in the USA.

Once you know how money is created you will easily see that ANY 'contract' between a 'person' and a lender is in fact null and void. The reason for this is that the money is not in existence when they are offering a 'product' - it simply is not there.

This means that 'legal consideration' did not take place. And that is the case. However, there are many pitfalls which really must be looked at. Many will try to convince that the mortgage is in fact a deed and not a contract. A simple look into case law will show that upon many times precedent was set that a mortgage deed is in fact a type of contract.

Also people will try to say that it does not matter, you got the money once the contract was signed. To this and for me, it bloody well does matter. If i had known they could only create money by getting my signature then i would have told them to jump.

They invent money then charge you for the fun of it all - balls i say!

There have been a few cases won on this point and i am not able to disclose any sources (sorry) as this is a bit of a headache for some members of the heirachy. The papers will not write about it, judges will not speak out about it and lawyers are just to damn narrow sighted to see it as truth. So we really are alone with this one.

The best one can hope for is a stale mate with the lender, which is where i am at now. It means i cannot negotiate with any third parties over my property but it does mean i get to live here scot free until either the law is changed OR the financial system completely fails.

I feel the latter may be first.

Good sources of info are out there - Modern Money making Mechanics - a good read about our fictious financial system, and the most recent contract law books alongside as many case studies as possible.

Also..... try and get anyone, who should know about these things to tell you how money is created and where lenders get thiers from and watch them squirm OR concur with my above statements

Hope this helps and isn't lost in the dirt

Best wishes

C.

• 1 month later...
Did you pay the fee? I'd draw it to the attention of the courts that you haven't received a reply. I can't see why it wouldn't have been accepted and acted on. It's a judge who should decide, not the court clerks.

If you submit again, keep a copy of the N244 and get a receipt.

At last a reply! Your advice worked. Yes I did pay the fee each time. Thanks for suggesting I don't let it go. The court system is so loaded against the individual as it is.

• 1 month later...

Well, a deputy judge decided in the end that my application had no merit solely on the grounds that he didn't believe it was possible that I hadn't received notification of the original Norhampton Bulk Centre hearing and he also decided that that the opposition deserved a huge amount extra in costs! The original judgement could not be found but a "duplicate" summons miraculously appeared just in time to be presented to the judge at the hearing. The costs application by the opposition was also only presented during the hearing so there was no chance to defend it! I'm afraid that some judges just show themselves up as bigoted old fools who wouldn't recognize the truth or justice if it bit them on the nose. Either that or they're bent. Whichever way, it doesn't help!

Edited by meursault22

It is hard to have anyone understand the law including those so deeply routed, as Judges.

However I must state on here for all disbelievers that I have won my case with OHL and the argument of Legal Consideration was central!!

Enough said.

• 2 months later...