Royal Mail

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5809 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

rite so dispite the fact that the judge may disagree with them and they ARE liablbe according to my FIL who is a RM manager then the OP should just not bother then.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

rite so dispite the fact that the judge may disagree with them and they ARE liablbe according to my FIL who is a RM manager then the OP should just not bother then.

If the OP wants to waste their money on a hopless case and the OP is prepared to accept your advice then that is a matter for the OP.

I suggest they post back to tell us the outcome of this court claim in due course.

Can somebody post me the case law? I will push this matter further. RM just asked me for the allocation questionnaire (which I don't have anymore as I send this to the court back). I will let you know about the outcome.

Can somebody post me the case law? I will push this matter further. RM just asked me for the allocation questionnaire (which I don't have anymore as I send this to the court back). I will let you know about the outcome.

What case law?:confused:

There is none for suing RM for losing your Recorded Delivery item, no court in the land has the jurisdiction to hear it other than to strike it out.

You have been given their defence which quotes The Postal Services Act 2000.

Have you read it? How do you intend to mitigate this legislation for your succesful claim? How do you think a county court will be able to overturn this legislation?

What professional advice did you receive where you were informed your chances of success are 51% or greater?

Think about suing them instead.

Can you confirm whether it was recorded or special delivery agathachristie?

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Can you confirm whether it was recorded or special delivery agathachristie?

I've given up on asking that question....

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Some people might use signed for for either, Al, which was why Mr Shed and I have been asking for clarification as I agree with you if it's recorded but not if it's special.

Just wanted to make sure the OP is absolutely specific in what they are talking about.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Agatha has already disclosed this in her first post. 'Signed for' is Recorded Delivery, or better still, 'Recorded Signed For.'

I accept that in Royal Mail parlance, signed for means recorded delivery.

However, for a layperson without an encyclopaedic knowledge of the Royal Mail, signed for probably means that the postie has knocked at the door and requested a signature for a letter/package.

I accept that in Royal Mail parlance, signed for means recorded delivery.

However, for a layperson without an encyclopaedic knowledge of the Royal Mail, signed for probably means that the postie has knocked at the door and requested a signature for a letter/package.

And she has received a book of stamps as compensation already...standard compensation for Recorded Signed For.

And she has issued a claim for £36...the maximum compensation for Recorded Signed For.

And RM's defence indicates immunity from a universal postal service...which is what Recorded Signed For is.

However, let's wait for Agatha to confirm this.:)

Some people might use signed for for either, Al, which was why Mr Shed and I have been asking for clarification as I agree with you if it's recorded but not if it's special.

Just wanted to make sure the OP is absolutely specific in what they are talking about.

ftp://ftp.royalmail.com/Downloads/public/cmwalk/doc/active/doc2600003/Special%20Delivery%20t's%20and%20c's.pdf

Take a look at s5 s5.1 & 5.2

There are two types of Special Delivery from RM and both are deemed as part of the universal service. I know that Postcomm wanted this changed, as it is more akin to a courier service, but it appears to still be the case for which RM can even claim immunity for this too.

However, I didn't wish to go into this as I suspect it will not be relevant to Agatha in any case and the thread would go all over the place.

:)