• Tweets

• Even a Piers Morgan is an improvement and a gutless Farage Piers Morgan calls for second Brexit referendum WWW.THELONDONECONOMIC.COM Piers Morgan and Nigel Farage have faced off over Brexit and a second referendum in a heated reunion on BBC Question Time.   “Why don’t we have another referendum about Brexit?” he questioned. “I seem to remember when 2016 came around we were told there was going to be control of our borders and it was going to be economically beneficial to this country. And eight years later we have lost complete control of our borders… and economically it seems to have been a wilful act of self-harm.”   ... Piers missed off : after all somebody said a 48/52 decision would be "unfinished business" by a long way - was that person just bul lying (again)  
    • when did they (who) inform you there was a 'police case' and when was this attained? i will guess the debt is now SB'd as it's UAE 15yrs. have you informed the bsnk ever by email/letter of your correct and current address? you can always ignore anyone else accept the bank,  Block and bounce back all emails. Block any text messages  Ignore any letters unless it's: - a Statutory Demand - a Letter Of Claim - a Court Claimform via Northants bulk.  
    • I left Dubai 8 years ago and intended to return. However a job prospect fell through. I’d been there for 15 years. I decided to pay my credit card and the bank had frozen my account. There is no means to pay the CC so completely unable to pay when I wanted to other than the bank advising me to ask a friend in the UAE to pay it on my behalf!  fast forward bank informs there is a police case against me for non payment. Years later IDR chased me and after months/ years they stopped. Now Judge & Priestley are trying their luck. Now I have received an email in English and Arabic from JP saying the bank has authorised them to collect debts. Is this the same as IDR although I didn’t receive anything like this from them. Just says they are authorised?
    • The neighbour's house is built right on the boundary so the side of their house is effectively the 'wall' in our garden separating the two properties. It's a three storey house and so the mortar poses a potential danger to us. Because of the danger, we have put up an interior fence in our garden to ensure we don't risk mortar dropping on us. That reduces the garden by 25% which is not only an inconvenience, but it's the part of the garden where we had lined up contractors to install a patio and gazebo which we will use for our wedding reception in less than 2 months. We have spoken to the neighbour's caretaker who is on the case, has spoken with a roofer and possibly a scaffolding company, but there are several issues. They don't seem to understand the urgency. As long as there is a risk of falling mortar, we can't carry out any work in the garden, and unless they hurry up, we're looking at cancelling our wedding as it's not viable to book a venue because we can't use our own garden! Also, they want to put the scaffolding up in our garden which would be ok with us if it was a matter of a few days and they hurried up, but there is a tree (most likely protected by the conservation area), so most likely they can only reach part of the roof with the scaffolding if they put it up in our garden. We suggested a roofer with a cherry picker but they seem to want to use a company they've used before. Any and all comments, suggestions, advice is more than welcome.  PS. does it make any difference that the neighbour is a business (ltd) and not a private dwelling?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Am I liable for my husbands debts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5820 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I am a newbie

This may be a long post so I apologise in advance

Throughout my married life my husband has ordered items on the internet in my maiden name

I have obviously not signed anything but having made monthly payments am I admitting to these debts.??? Most have been paid via my personal cheque via hole-in-wall

I have also recently lost my job through stress and ill-health (Long story because of my husband)

I am also left with an awful lot of debt accrued during the marriage

All in my name both maiden and married (How convenient)

I have managed to come to 2 agreements with Bryan Carter debt collectors over two different debts - One in married and one in maiden name. £30 AND £50 per month - They have no connection BTW

I am also paying £30 per month to Abbey for a credit card default

I am now being chased by a company called Robinson Way for a £3500 debt to M&S credit card which again I do not dispute

Moorcroft are also chasing me for a debt owed to Littlewoods catalogue £1100 for goods ordered over internet by errant hubbie in my name - I do not dispute him receiving the goods - And I used to make regular payments via the bank

My main problem is - He has re-directed his mail and occassionally one slips through to my address which I open of course :D

I know he has debts of around £12000

How do I stand not knowing what court action has been taken against him as his mail is re-directed

Can the bailliffs come round to my house and remove my goods as we are still leagally married?

Any help would be appreciated especially from women in my position

Thanks for your great forum

Love VF

Edit

Can some-one correct my typo on the thread name

I cannot edit it for some reason (it s/b debts not bebts)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you read through a few post on here you see that the bailiff is a very unlikely scenario However you may consider the Consumer Credit Counselling Service in this instance.

All the debt you mention is unsecured and I'm assuming has been taken out in the principal account holders name ie your hubby. Are you named on the cards as second account holder or did you obtain the credit and your husband is second name?

Don't worry about Robinson Way do a search for this band of sad indivuals on here and ways to deal with them. I would advocate the paper kind only. While i'm on the subject change you number and go ex-dir it will save time latter as it appears your husband is still busy adding to the debt.

If anyone calls a security question of what is your work or home number is not a security question. Unless you have to do not answer withheld numbers, if it's important the person will leave a message if it's a DCA' they will hang up or say it's about a personal business matter could you call.

Record the amount of calls you receive and frequency.

It might be worth getting a credit report although you will not be able to see what has been happening at your hubbys address sometimes debts do get linked.

I could go into more detail about your extremely unsecured debt but it's late and i have an early appointment if nobody else has answered i will go into more depth.

moneycheatingexpert8-)

Midland Bank (HSBC) = £5000

ABN AMRO = £7500

Rabobank = £5500

NatWest = £10,000

Alliance & Leicester = £15,000

Barclaycard = £12,500

Halifax (HBOS) = £25,000

Smile Bank = £5000 Written off

M&S Money = £2500 Written off

Abbey Loan Reduced by 50%

Re-Opened Bank Accounts = Natwest, HBOS

Two new Credit Cards

Default notices removed: Too numerous to mention

Default notices undeclared: 6

The moneycheatingexpert 8)

Some great threads to check out:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/18141-cabot-financial-telephone-harassment.html

Hi and welcome to CAG.

I have obviously not signed anything
Which should be to your advantage as a credit agreement would b required. Do you know when these accounts were taken out? Even if you only know roughly when they were taken out that would still be helpful.

Can the bailliffs come round to my house and remove my goods as we are still leagally married?

Bailiffs can not just come round and remove goods, so stop worrying about that. A CCJ would first need to be issued and then defaulted on. After a court order was issued a bailiff would then levy for goods, this basically means that they would need entry into the house to make a list of goods. The bailiff would only be able to take goods that belong to your husband and that are non essential items.
  • Haha 1

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

But how would I know of ccJ has been issued to my husband at my address??

He would default on it knowing no-one could find him

But if we are still married they can take my "our used to be" goods

God I am so scared about the crap he has left me in

But if we are still married they can take my "our used to be" goods

They can only take goods that are your husbands property. As previously stated they would have to levy first for which they would have to enter your house. You do not need to allow them in, in which case they would not be able to levy. You could simply inform them that your husband no longer lives there and that you are seperated (preferable tell them through a closed door).

Do you know when these accounts were taken out. This is quite important in order for us to help you.

God I am so scared about the crap he has left me in
Try not be worry. There are ways out of this mess.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Have a read here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html The search function and how to use it is post #8.

Hi there vincentfan,

Welcome to CAG, your in the best place you can be from now on. ;)

Everyone on here will help you all they can. Just remember, there is always a way and your not alone, we all have our problems on here.

I think the first thing is to stop panicking, your only making this worse. You need to calm down and try to understand things from now on.

Secondly, could you possibly list down the following -

List down ALL your debts.

How much is owed on each debt?

What are these debts for? Loan / Credit Card etc?

When were these account opened? IE. How old are these accounts?

Who is the original creditor?

Which are being chased by Debt Collectors?

Anything else you can think of, just skip on the personal details.

If you could list these then this will allow people to give the best advice they can.

Remember, everyone is here to help, but you need to help us, help you.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Thanks I will do that tomorrow

Great site and lovely help- Thanks

Just to add you have helped me from doing some-thing stupid

I was on the verge and then found you lovely peeps

Thanks xx

Hi Vin... and welcome

Just a few thoughts that may be pertinent, but more knowledgable people will correct me if I'm wrong.

Firstly, regarding the whereabouts of your husband, there is something called GAIN (Gone Away Information Network), which, as far as I am aware, is used for noting individuals known addresses, and placed on the Credit Record. If there happens to be any linked addresses on YOUR credit record, it "may" be a starting point as to where he is... or was. I know that Experian are members of GAIN, and they offer a 30-day free-trial to access your credit record as held by them. It might well be worth signing up for this and then just print off all the information in your record, and then before the free trial is up, cancel the arrangement with them if you dont really want to use the service (after 30 days, they will start charging £6.99 each month to you). This is at least a starting point to see if there are any addresses linked to your credit record, which may or may not help in tracking down hubby. (http://www.creditexpert.co.uk).

Secondly, as hubby is now (I assume) estranged, and that you don't know where he is, could you not apply for Judicial Separation? I don't know if this is in fact an option, but I take it that you have no idea of his whereabouts. It may or may not be possible, but the thought was, that if you are legally sparated, then anything that he does in the future is down to him to explain away (you wouldn't have given him consent to use your name or details for his spending). The other option is divorce of course, but that would have to be approved by him if its less than 2 years since he left.

I don't want to raise your hopes or mislead you on my second point, but I mentioned it in the hope it would start some debate on this thread as to how you can go about protecting yourself from your husbands' actions, if not now, at least in the future.

Does anybody reading this know the ins and outs of my second point?

Finally, and I'm not sure how you feel about this, but from what I have read, your husband appears to have committed fraud (at least by using your maiden name if you are legally known by your married name), which is a criminal, as opposed to civil offence, by receiving goods by deception. However, all the facts need to be known to confirm this to be able to move forward.

With the help of the people on here, you will be able to take it just one step at a time, when it will feel like you are carrying the weight of the whole world on your shoulders.

Vin, I'm new here myself, and was looking for something totally unrelated but came across this site, and once I started to read (and read and read... so much so I didn't go to bed the other night!! lol), I was blown away by a) the horror stories on here, but then the happy endings, and b) the sheer volume of knowledge and help that is available.

Trust in the people here Vin, they are on your side, whether its to offer advice, and hand-hold you through what might seem a long and daunting journey, or whether its to offer you moral support, to try to give you a boost, however big or small, because... they CARE.

I'm sure that once your story becomes more familiar to people who once felt like you are feeling, they will come running to help in any way they can. You will have more friends than you know what to do with before you know it!

I'm sorry I couldn't provide any tangible advice as to what to do right now, but just remember that you are not alone here.

(oops, see?? it's gone 5:30am... I'm hooked on this place lol).

Take care

Hi VF,

I hope your feeling better this morning, hopefully you have decided to start turning things around. Just take your time, we are all here to help any way we can and are ready when you are.

gni03349, welcome to CAG. That was a nice intro you made there for VF. It`s that kind of welcome that people NEED, so thanks on behalf of VF.

I know what you mean, when you say once you start reading through the threads, it`s then that you realise what these Banks and DCA`s are REALLY like, all their dirty tricks etc. And yes, it is very addictive once you get into the stories. I`ve had a few late nights / early mornings myself, LOL.

Can I just ask what brought you to CAG in the first place? I know it`s none of my business, but what the hell! LOL

Catch you later.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

GAIN can do more harm than good, to some degree it replaces the tracer and allows banks to stop choking on the salvia of their untraceable debtor problem.

The presence of GAIN on a credit file WILL affect vincentfan.

Notice of Disassociation would be a better option but the chances of this being actioned could be low, I suggest creative answering of questions on the form.

Although I would agree a case for fraud is possible it really does not help the lady at this stage.

What’s needed is more advice on dealing with the **** that will write the most laughable letters imaginable, designed to cause fear and provoke the wrong kind of reaction.

Divorce is not an option even if both parties agree. A Judicial Separation is more than possible on grounds such as he squeezes the tooth paste from the wrong end is acceptable and get legal aid (that’s if you can find a firm that still runs this scheme for matrimonial cases). Dig out an old signing on card, I’m not going into details because someone one here will leap into moral action. Legal aid is free under certain conditions get on the LS website and find out what those conditions are.

Other than this really don’t panic always remember providing you produce a budget statement you only have to pay them what you can afford, if that’s £1 its £1. Sure they will complain let them give you a sob story about they need a settlement on your debt in order to reach this month’s target and pocket that extra £500 and the wide screen TV that’s this month’s incentive.

Well they won't say it quite like that but you get the picture. They will profit on your misery you can stop this and put things on your terms not there’s.

Don’t forget with regards to a budget plan just because you might only pay £40 a week on food the acceptable amount that creditors will accept is higher.

moneycheatingexpert :cool:

ABN AMRO = £7500

Rabobank = £5500

NatWest = £10,000

Barclaycard = £12,500

Halifax (HBOS) = £25,000

Two new Credit Cards

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/18141-cabot-financial-telephone-harassment.html

Hello

To answer in turn..

NP.. I was looking for some general info about, would you believe, something called AIC from ages ago.. Note, I said someTHING, not somebody. Anyway, by coincidence, there was a message from last week that AIC called (that was the complete message lol). It didnt bother me, but I googled AIC and amongst other things, this site came up, so I started to read... and read... and read... you know what I mean? lol. Totally forgot why I looked for the other AIC in the first place for a while, but the AIC I found sounds like much more fun lol. Anyway, I've had a call or two since, nothing major, but the thing is, I'm still waiting for something in writing, because I don't have a clue how much I owe, and to who (I'm assuming thats why they are calling lol). It's a stalemate, because they want to do the security check, which consists of my address which anybody could get from the electoral roll, and as I don't have a letter from them, I'm saying nothing. From what I've heard on here though, I might just have some fun with them anyway, and do a "Dave" on them (diskmandave), at least until, or IF i get anything in writing. Better still, maybe I should invite him to move in as a lodger so he can answer the phone lol. On second thoughts, no... I'm a bloke... and people might talk lol.

MCE.. everything I mentioned, as I stated was of little use at the moment, but while all of this is going on, the husband could be racking up more and more debt in Vin's name. It was merely a suggestion or two, as to what might or might not be possible to protect herself. It's all very well saying that its important to sort the current problems out, but its equally important to make sure that Vin is protected in case of future problems. The sooner she can be disassociated with him, the better. I mentioned GAIN, because IF there is a linked address, its a starting point, not that Vin should necessarily do anything about it by telling the people chasing her up, but she would know that somebody, either past or present had reason to use HER address in the past. That was it really.

I'm interested to see you say that divorce isn't an option. Why is that? EVERYBODY has that option, even within the first year, only its called... Judicial Separation! It might be difficult, seeing as the other party isn't around, and I'm almost certain he would wish to remain married, so he can continue to play his games and pile even MORE debt onto Vin. THAT is why I mentioned about making it official to disaccociate herself from him in a legal way.

As for the fraud I mentioned, that ties in with GAIN, because if it comes to that, that is what Vin can pass over to the relevant people... as a starting point to find him. I never once said USE it to find him.. or USE it to tell the people chasing her for his debt.

You will also note that I said its for discussion as to what to do.. they were merely pointers and a few things to investigate to PROTECT her... I'm quite sure Vin wants all of this stuff to just go away, but while she is still associated with him, and considering what we've heard about his track record, do you think that will happen anytime soon? The sooner that Vin CAN be disassociated as you put it, from him, the better.

I notice you have extensive experience of the financial world... does that also cover the non-financial elements of my posting as well?

Anyway people... see you later.

I apologise I probably didn’t explain very well. A judicial is always going to be possible and mitigating circumstances such as unreasonable behaviour our certainly great grounds, but two year wait if this cannot be proved or agreed, having said that I still maintain that all this is secondary to dealing with the immediate problem of the DCA’s.

It’s probably worth mentioning I made my comments because I feel she is better discussing divorce with a professional face to face rather than on here.

I think ‘Doing a Dave’ (diskmandave), should become a universal term and each one of us should aspire to achieve this when dealing with a DCA

moneycheatingexpert :cool:

ABN AMRO = £7500

Rabobank = £5500

NatWest = £10,000

Barclaycard = £12,500

Halifax (HBOS) = £25,000

Two new Credit Cards

Yes, it's secondary, but should still be happening, to protect herself in the future as I said in my first post.

I agree that it DOES need to be discussed with a professional who is more "au fait" with ALL of the options, but there are plenty of places that Vin can go to for advice on this.

As I said, I just wanted to provoke (if thats the right word) some debate to cover everything that needs to be, or should be done... at least to start the long haul in reclaiming her life back. It's quite obvious to me that the husband wants to remain married so that he can carry on accumulating debt, which he has no intention of doing anything about, other than to pile it on to his wife. The sooner that disassociation/separation/divorce can be accomplished, the better IMO.

As for Dave... lol.. quite a reputation huh? Notorious he is!! I still smile when I see his name mentioned, because I remember some of the stuff that he posted.

He even created a thread about his name on here... about whether it should be his real name, or whether it should be "diskmandave". It's in "The Bear Garden" (I think thats what its called), if you don't already know about it. He has quite a following.

Anyway, I digress...

Reagrds to everybody and see you later.

Hi gni,

I know all about AIC and there phishing tactics.

I`ve had a silly little Post Card from them myself, and started a thread about it. It read somthing like `N.P, can you give me a call, Stevie (followed by a number).

I mean, do these empty heads seriously think we are going to phone up complete strangers and ask them what THEY want? That`s an insult to our inteligence. What an ARSE!

Anyway, I think you probably are STILL there, I think you nodded off at the keyboard and have just woken up, LOL

As for DMD, yes, he seems quite a guy on the forums and he has many followers. Although, I`ve noticed he hasn`t been around for a few weeks lately. I`m not sure why though. Perhaps someone can throw a little light on that?

As for VC, I`m sure she`ll be ok once the ball gets rolling with all this business. She`s made the hardest move of coming on and asking for help. As soon as we know the score, then people can start helping out any way they can. Look at this way, if her ex IS STILL running up debt then 1.) It won`t last long if he`s not paying his way, because he won`t be able to get futher credit and 2.) If he gets credit in his name then VF isn`t responsible for that. Unless of course they STILL have joint Account`s etc.

Right, catch you people later.

Glad you guys are enjoying CAG.

Regards

N.P

Hi NP

OK.. I'll admit I'm still here, but in THIS session.. I'll sleep sometime.. promise.

I'm not at all bothered by AIC at the moment, as they know they can't do anything except maybe hassle me, and as they seem reluctant to send any letter (or re-send.. who knows?). They can try that by phone, but after say 10 calls, I'll just hit them with a cease and desist, and a report to OFCOM etc etc... all the usual stuff (hell, maybe even a court order with damages for stress etc lol... why not?). Anyway, thats for the future. Of course, I wouldn't have done it before I found this place, and espcially some of the more "famous" threads on here. I've seen it mentioned before, but this place really IS empowering. It almost makes me WANT to be a bad boy with people chasing me for money lol. I shouldn't joke about it, but in the past, I've been in these kinds of situations.. I won a few, lost a few, but generally it's been done quite amicably. I just hope that Vin can see that there really IS light at the end of the tunnel. I hope we see her again soon, so that the clever and knowledgable peeps can start to give her the help she needs (I'm almost worried that we haven't heard from her since yesterday, but that could just be my paranoia, or my eagerness to know that she'll come back soon and get the help.. I don't know. It's strange that I feel like this though, about a complete stranger who I haven't even "met" yet... just heard what she said on here).

See you later... whoever happens to read this :)

Hmmm.. you know.. I have just noticed a strange imprint on my cheek (the facial sort.. in case you were wondering lol).. I wonder what that could be. I could have SWORN it was my bed that I slept in.

Oh well... ho hum..

Hello and thanks every-one for your replies and good wishes

I am still reading all these threads and hey I quite agree where does the time go and also what happened to bed time

You keep mentioning AIC what is this? Do you mean Abbey?

They send me stupid post-cards with a wording that most people would read as a personal visit..... But I think they just mean a phone call... They also send me texts from various names asking me to call them.... LOL

I have my phone etc with Virgin and have two phone numbers

The underlying number (with different ring-tone) I give to all the debt people.... Is that a good idea

Anyway I will report back later with all the details of my crap

Thanks once again to all you lovely people

If nothing your kind words have helped me feel more positive

VF xx

Hi VF,

Good to hear from you again. I hope all is as well as it can be.

You asked about AIC, well AIC is a Debt Collection Ageny (DCA) called Allied International Credit. Like the rest of them they are just a bunch of empty heads.

They send out silly, childish Post Cards like `Hi N.P, can you give me a ring on blah blah blah, Cheers Stevie`. I mean, what they hell is all that about?

If I were you, I wouldn`t give anyone any number you have. From now on, everything must be in writing, and nothing must be signed for. NO MORE PHONE CALLS, it`s for your own good.

Get yourself a couple of new numbers and give them only to family and your best friends. It`s bad enough these knob jockeys calling people at home, let alone on your blummin` mobile.

Basically, just ignore anything that comes, except the legal sound ones of course that may need some serious attention, other than that you will be fine.

I guarantee, you WILL also start to enjoy the challenge of fighting back at these bot splats.

Right, I`m off, I`ll catch you again soon to see how things are going.

Catch you later.

Regards

N.P

AIC is Allied International Credit, another firm of ****** debt collectors. I just mentioned it while we were waiting for you, not knowing that you were enjoying yourself reading all the other threads lol.

Personally, I think its a great idea that you have 2 numbers with different ring tones... YOU are already in control you see?? It's you who decides when you will speak to them, not the other way around.

As for those post-cards, yes, very misleading, and freaks a lot of people out, but you should keep ahold of them (this is one thing you will have to sort out... all of the paperwork). Just make a note on them of when they arrived and then IF they call (by phone I mean, because that is what happens usually, if at all), record the time and date in a diary of some sort. This is something else you need to do, keep lots of notes about phone contact, going so far as to note the time and date of calls that you decided you werent going to answer. When you keep the paperwork, this goes as far as keeping all of the envelopes that letters arrive in too. If you don't have some of the stuff, don't worry. One of the things you will be legally requesting is stuff like that, but thats for later.

As for the texts, yes, another idea of theirs which they obviously think is so brilliant. It's just a shame that they don't realise there are even more brilliant people on here who totally screw them over.

Glad to see you popped back again anyway lol.

You are already feeling more positive, and nobody has done anything for you yet, concerning all of this. The CAG will have you smiling and laughing before long.

Take care

Regards...

Typical huh? I start a reply, and somebody beats me to it lol.

Actually, about the phone... I thought it was a great idea, simply because you already gave them the number, but if its on pay-as-you-go, it might be worth doing what NP suggested when you run down the credit, and throw the SIM card away.

HI gni03349,

LOL, you need to type faster :p