Kensington want to evict us again !!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3366 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Big hello to the Olives

I don't usually find myself in this part of CAG but I happened upon your thread this morning and read it start to finish. It was so gripping, at the end I had lump in my throat, I really do feel for you, it must have been unbelievable. I just cannot believe the stories I read on here, what is happening to fairness, integrity and justice in this country. The way you have held yourself together for your family is an inspiration to us all.

I can't believe the transcript of the telephone call you had, she sounded so casual about things. How do people like that sleep at night?

Well I hope you have heard the last of this nasty business and Kensington compensate you for the stress you have been caused.

All the best, FF

• Haha 1

Well done Olives for standing up to them and winning.

Remember, as long as you are making the best efforts to meet your payments, it is highly unlikely that re-possession will be allowed.

Kensington are in a lot of trouble, so don't fall for any of their underhand tactics, they are more desperate than you are.

I don't know what will happen when they go bust, but it is likely that you will end up with a more responsible lender and a lot less stress.

Hang in there - everything will work out for you!

:)

Thankyou both Funky Fox and Big Eddie. I verymuch doubt much will change if the go bust. It didnt really change much for Northern Rock Customers but at least they will be gone. The fight is not over yet. I have placed compalints now and wll wait and see what they propose to do. I am already planning my next move as I very much doubt KMC will actually satnd there and take the blame for putting my family and many other families like mine through situations like this.

With the help from all you guys on this site we can all make a stand and say that we will not be treated like this.

I have said it before and i will say it again if it was not for this site on that day then I feel that I would be in a very black hole right now. This house is a little more than bricks to me as it was my late dads. Although myself and my family will move from this house one day it will be because we are ready to go and with it we will take all that we have earnt and learnt from this house and my dad.

I can thankyou all enough for the kind words and suport. You are all true friends

olives xx

Hi all.

had a reply from the letter I posted to Kensington, Says exactly the same pretty much too the last one. We will look in to it. Will let you know our thoughts within 4 weeks. This was from Kensington Skipton office. What will be interesting is what the different offices decide. Will they come to the same verdict.

Nothing from court on what they think about it all.

olivesxx

well u have made them aware ad u can do much else.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hello again everybody.

As some of you may or may not know I have a mortgage and a secured loan with Kensington Mortgages. This year Kensington have tried to reposess my house a few times the most recent bein gover the last few weeks. Without going into too much detail those who do not know my story this is my thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/repossessions/155533-reposession-2-09-08-a.html

Over the last few pages it was mentioned that there was a few people on these forums that have big problems with this comapany. I can also think of a few.

I feel now it is high time we started to stand up for ourselves. Like my title suggests Strength in numbers. As you are aware individuals can not compalin as such to FSA, OFT or CML but if enough of us got together and in put in a mass of complaints then they can not ignore it any more. Lets stop them bullying us and scaring us. Lets stop them taking our homes unecessarily

My compalint to these will be the same as I wrote to KMC.

If you have a story please post. If anything else then at least others will not feel that they are the only ones.

Olives xx

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya all,

Had a reply from Kensington over the weekend. This is just an extract from the letter as a lot of it is just repeating my complaint.

" I have contacted OLS regarding this matte and they have stated that their agent, who atteneded the court hearing had confirmed to them by telephone that 'the judge dimissed the papers'. However, the member of OLS staff that took this call misunderstood the infomation presented to them beleiving your applocation had been dismissed and that the eviction was to go ahead. The team manager for Kensington at OLS has offered her sincere apologies that this error has occured and will be providing feedback to her team.

I note that a Bailiff attended your property on the date of Eviction. I can explain that, when a Warrant for Possession is dismissed by the court. the cour staff are responsible for informing the Bailiff ttha an eviction is nolonger to go ahead. In this circumstance I am unable to explain why a Bailiff had atteneded your property.

I would like to again offer my sincere apologies and a sum of £200 in recognition of the oncern and distress this matter has caused you. If you find this offer acceptable please return the enclosewd acceptance form.

Kensington is commited tp providing a high level of service to all our customers and I hope I have addressed your complaint accordingly.

This response is in accordance with our Customer Complaints Procedure. If you are disapointed with our decision and you wish to discuss our reponse in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me. We welcome the oppourtunity to review the matter further before you consider referring your concerns to the Financial Ombudsman Service."

It is a shame I didnt send the head office my other compaloint tht is with the FOS at the mo as this team seem to know what they are doing a bit more. Either that are scared more easily.

So what do we all think of that???

olives xxxx

Blimey - offering money !! at least you got a result from them - do you think the amount offered compensates you? I doubt if you'll get any more to be honest, but obviously it's up to you whether you accept or not.

Does the acceptance form have any restrictions? i.e. not going to the press or not making any further claims etc.... ?

Ell

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Does the acceptance form have any restrictions? i.e. not going to the press or not making any further claims etc.... ?

Ell

Didnt think of that. No it says

" I hereby confirm tha I have accepted the offer of £200 compensation, relating to my complaint of 2 September 2008, for account num,ber *****. I accept this amount as full and final settlement of my complaint."

I must admit I was rather surprised to get both an apology and money out of them. Going back to how I felt that day I dont think it would be possible to put how i felt in to terms of money so we will accept the £200.

It is a shame that my other complaint wasnt dealt like this and is still sat with the FOS.

Thankyou Ell again for all that you done and to everybody else for all the support.

olives xxx

well done, better than nowt eh? might want to frame a copy of the cheque cos n o one will beleive that they offered you money :D

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

glad u have a reply but i am suprised that they think just £200 will cover the stress and hassle. especially with the childrens medical conditions etc.

Personally i agree with ell-en. Doubt u will get much more but at least u will get summing if u accept it. i would think long and hard about it cause i dont think £200 would cover it but ultimatley the decision is with your family and u if u accept it.

GM

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

have u heard anything from the courts?

have u heard anything from the courts?

Yes I got a letter today(just opened todays post)

"thankyou for your letter dated 2nd September, regarding the above case and the evnts of the 2nd September. The court cannot comment on the actions of the claimant. They did receive the same order as yourselves which state that the warrant is dismissed (28th August). How they interpreted that order(albeit incorrectly) is a matter between yourselves and their office.

With regards to the actions of the court, the bailiff should have been informed of that the eviction was suspended. Upon investigating it is clear that there was a lacl of communication between the court office and the bailiff. It is office practice that the outcome of the application hearing should be conveyed to the bailiff. All staff have been made aware of this, to prevent future problems.

With regard to your case, the court can only send is sincere apologies for any emotional distress and any inconvenience caused by the events. The warrant is now dismissed and there is no further court action. If however you default on payments then the claimants can issue a warrant again. But the court only acts when instructed by the parties.

If you wish to make a formal complaint then you are welcome to put your grievances in a letter address to the court manager who will investigate further"

I didnt think they would or could do an awful lot

olives xx

horlick they can do plenty.

A full investigation into how come this did not get passed on.

you can do.

to me that just sounds like a response from anyone who could be bothered to answer and say we should have done this but could not be bothered.

same with me. I sent a formal complaint to moorcroft and they have replyed with we are closing our file hope this is a good enough response.

not yet only get the response today. any way they said they were sending back the fee and thatds not there

if u want the OCs charges its is best u SAR the OC as any dca can only tell u limited details based on what info they hold about you from there records and nobody elses.