How long is a pending debit payment valid?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick question,

A friend of mine went away to a holiday park over a year ago, she supplied her debit card details and they then went on the holiday, now over a year later she has been told that they will take for the holiday!!!

She thought she paid for it a year ago, this wasn't the case. How long is the payment vaild? I know with cheques there is a limit.

I can't remember the website that will help me.

Thanks

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

my understanding, from my own experience is that the bank authorises the transaction and holds the money in your account, if after two weeks the money has not been claimed for the bank then releases the money back into your account

not sure but debit card transaction will have a time limit before they expire for good, just like cheques are valid for i believe 3 to 6 months

Thats what I thought. I normally change my card details every 6 months lol, I guess im just weird.

I just wondered how it would work, I tried looking on the apacs site and nothing on there about time limits.

There must be something somewhere.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.