Urgent issue - Pest control

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5854 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

We're on the 3rd floor of a block of flats with a loftspace above us, the loft space is classed as a communal area and contains the water tanks for the other 5 residential properties.

Over the last few weeks pigeons have got into this space and the numbers are growing. The maintenance company told us this has been dealt with but it clearly hasn't. The noise is becoming worse and we're woken at 5:30 every morning by scratching, cooing and what sounds like fighting!

There is a large visible hole in a window leading into this space that hasn't been addressed. Over the weekend the noise etc has got considerably worse and we're more concerned at the risk of disease etc as we have water tanks in the same area.

I've tried to email the maintenance company and it's bounced back. The website is now down and there's a phone message when you call saying no one will be around until the 28th April. What do we do?

What annoys me is they know this is an issue and they must know there's a health issue involved with this but they've lied and made no attempt to sort this out. Neither did they mention they would be closed for 10 days.

I would do this too, they should be able to do something immediately. It is quite a serious situation.

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

Unfortunately environmental health and pest control don't deal with pigeons. It seems you have to employ a professional firm to remove and clean up properly. If I instruct someone to do this, I can guarantee I would never get the money back from the maintenance company.

One of our neighbours came round last night and asked if he could get up in the loft and have a look around as the cold water in the bathroom was starting to smell funny. He went up and saw his tank was not only exposed but was full of sludge and waste so it will need draining down and cleaning properly. Still not sure what to do, with no maintenance company available it's difficult to speak to anyone.