Student Loan

Jud67
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have to old student loan totaling about 8000 pounds one in 1995 and the other in 1997, now i understand that these are both old style contracts.

I have been receiving DCA letters for many years about one a month on average, the DCA changes about three times a year and once a year the Student Loans then contact me. I have not responded to any of these or made any payment towards this debt.

Are these statute barred? if so when would the default date be? when i finished Uni or did not respond to their letters or when i was employed an earning over the threshold.

I have sent request for information with 1.00 fee and awaiting response.

Any advice please.

If you hav'nt acknowledged in writing or piad in any way in the last six years they become statue barred, or a sequenci asks been defering

defering = acknowlegment

The loans don’t do away but are unenforceable. Check and check again that you haven’t paid for six years or sent them a letter. Then send them the statue barred letter.

Or you could just keep on doing what your doing and leave sleeping dogs….

Safe in knowledge they can’t do anything

http://www.insolvencyhelpline.co.uk/debt_factsheets/liability_for_debts_and_the_limitation_act.htm

im pretty sure they dont get put under the 6 yrs thing?

as far as ive been made aware my student loans remain payable for 25 years or until i turn 60 (whichever is first) as these arent credit agreements as such and go on your NI number.

can i ask why you wouldnt want to pay your student loans back? sorry if thats intrusive, its just to me its the one debt i look forward to paying!

If i have helped you please click the scales :)

I am here on my own quest for help, although i work for T-Mobile and will gladly assist where i can i am not here as a company representative.

I am not legally qualified, if in doubt seek professional assistance :)

im pretty sure they dont get put under the 6 yrs thing?

as far as ive been made aware my student loans remain payable for 25 years or until i turn 60 (whichever is first) as these arent credit agreements as such and go on your NI number.

can i ask why you wouldnt want to pay your student loans back? sorry if thats intrusive, its just to me its the one debt i look forward to paying!

Student loans have a limitation period of 6 years. The Limitation Act bars the remedy but not the right, this means that new-style loans can still be reclaimed from source if you are working.