buy as you view.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello everybody thanks for having me.

buy as you view?

there saying its over 3 years but when we took out agreement it was meant to be 2 years only. they have no signed paperwork nor do we. they came out today wanting money, we said sorry your not getting any till the paperwork is shown.they harrassed us knocking for ages, kicking and banging the doors. we phoned the police they did nothing saying we owe them money please help.

Hi hollysdad and a very warm welcome to CAG ! :-)

You will get all the help you need and everyone is perfectly friendly. First of all, spend some time familiarising yourself with the site please.

You should also read the site rules and the FAQ's. A useful link is also the

How do I guide to the forum.

Here is a link to the debt forum. http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....tion-industry/.

Here a couple of link to other caggers who have had similar problems which may help you to get you started, although they are a little older.:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/112502-dunraven-buy-you-view.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/87628-buy-you-view-help.html

Please feel free to introduce yourself on the debt forum, outling the issue you need resolved.

You do not need to put up with such behaviour at your home and we can help you get it resolved and provide information about getting your credit agreement .

Good luck and Regards, Kenny:-)

Hello and Welcome, Hollysdad.

Sorry, I'm not to clued up on 'Pay as you Veiw'

I think you could send them a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/practical_application/subject_access_-_guide_for_data_subjects.pdf

You would then know the score with how long the agreement was for in the first place.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 2 weeks later...

hi still problems with buy as you view. we were told our agreement was over 2 years, well the area manager came out with paper work and it states that its over 3 years.we have paid already over £1800 for a £499 computer and £700 telly, and were told we still owe over £1300.they said if we dont wanna pay they will take the goods back.please help what can we do, the thought of giving them back after paying so much already makes me sick.

Hi HD,

Please stick to one thread for each issue - it help you and us to keep track of your case.

I'll get your 2 threads merged.

Have you followed the advice given earlier about sending the Co an SAR for the proper paperwork.

You do NOT have to let these people into your home and should keep ALL communication in writing only, ie no doorstep or house meetings and no phone calls.

Don't be intimidated - they can't just take stuff back like that. In fact, if you don't open the door to them, there's v little they can do.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

These rent-to-buy deals are very expensive, and what you do will hinge on the exact T& Cs you agreed to. These are effectively doorstep lenders, but dressing it up slightly by offering consumer goods and arranging weekly collections for their usage until the arrangement is complete. Is it a rental, HP or credit arrangement? Only by knowing this can we point you in the right direction.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Hollsdad

This might help you in some way, the bully boy tactics banging and kicking the door is all in vain, they can not remove the goods from your property unless they can produce a copy of the hire purchase paperwork. Also without this the police will not help as it as seen as a civil matter.

They will tell you that they will have the bailiff call to your address when in fact they have no bailiffs working for the company.

I also know of several customers who have returned only the meter to the head office with their account details enclosed and had the account written off.

With the amount you have already paid the account will be written off

• 4 months later...

As a previous employee (Debt Collector) of BAYV, I can tell you there is nothing they can do without a court order.

If you look at your agreement there is a repossession amount, once you have paid that amount they would have to take you to court to repossess.

In my three years with the company I dldn't take or hear of any person going to court for non payment.

They do not employ baliffs, they have Area Account Manager's who act as Arrears Manager's.

They are alsoin financial trouble at the moment, so no chance of expensive court costs.

Stick it out and they will eventually write off your account after about four to six months.

Good luck.