Oh my god this is frightening

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

March 2008

Ebay are making it compulsory to offer paypal on listings from late next month in a bid to make things safer for the buyer.

Of course in doing so they are making things totally safe for the buyer to simply instigate a chargeback and get lots of lovely stuff for free. Better start making a shopping list

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

Another reason to avoid ebay.

What about single parents on benefits, who sell their children's clothes when they've grown out of them, for example? Many of these people don't have bank accounts which can be used with Paypal.

And how about people selling cars? You can't expect people to offer Paypal on those listings!

Ridiculous.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Cars are exempt

Other items to be collected are not however

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

It's not paypal only. All sellers will have to have paypal, but they can offer other methods as well.

At the moment you don't have to offer paypal, so paypal dips out of the 3.4% sellers fee.

Sellers will continue to be able to offer other payment methods alongside PayPal, as per eBay’s Accepted Payments Policy. Listings in the Motors Vehicles category will be exempt from this policy..

I'd be rather surprised if this isn't classed as eBay abusing their virtual monopoly on the online auction market in order to force users to 'purchase' (through fees, in this case) another of their products.

I would imagine 90% of buyers use paypal to pay, so if you have to list pp as a payment method you are going to receive pp payments and incur the pp charges, which seems a bit rich.

Also they are going to hold onto the money you receive until the buyer completes the transaction and leaves feedback, or 21 days elapses, so as it then takes 7 working days for them to transfer the money you end up waiting a month for your money.

All that lovely dosh they are holding must be making some interest somewhere, so ............ wonder who's getting that then???

:)IF YOU ARE BORED WITH LITTLE TO DO:)

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey - :!:WON / 19 November 2007:!:

SKY TV and the penalty charge - how far will it go?

Me V Its4me and Close Premium Finance:!:WON / 28 November 2007:!:

IF I CAN HELP, I WILL, IF I DO, THEN PLEASE CLICK ON THE SCALES ON THE LEFT

If they are going to hold onto the fee until the transaction is complete then it can only really be a good thing.

I suppose it is easy for us who haven't had a problem to criticise, but for the buyers who never receive their goods or the sellers who never receive their money, if this makes the transaction safer and there is satisfaction on both sides, it must be for the good.

How many sellers are going to send an item while paypal has a hold on the money. I know I wouldn't

All a buyer has to do is tell paypal they never got the item and bang, the held funds are reversed and the buyer gets a free item

How many sellers are going to send an item while paypal has a hold on the money. I know I wouldn't

All a buyer has to do is tell paypal they never got the item and bang, the held funds are reversed and the buyer gets a free item

The seller can recoup any losses by claiming from the PO, providing proof of postage has been retained. A Certificate of Postage (free) is usually enough to cover items below £25 (think it's still the same, but could be higher now).

I have had to do this once.... takes a while, but the money comes through eventually. I imagine certain buyers couldn't get away with this too many times before the PO became suspicious of their address. :cool: