HSBC rip off charges Help Please !!

MIKEY DABODEE
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5003 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do HSBC usually acknowledge SAR ?? think dropped booby local branch said could send it through internal post

havent heard a peep about freezing account either

be two weeks tomoz should I send a reminder by recorded delivery

And what is correct address to send ??

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what I am trying to do is get account frozen to stop even more OD charges been shoved on, and pay bit off each month to clear it

original OD was £500 most of that charges I owe about £250 of that, now over £800 with all charges/interest etc

and cant afford to clear it all

think was told Customer Credit team to contact

Ah right yes. Just address it to head office as that is where most of these threatening letters come from. You could put a note in with it asking for it to be forwarded to the right department.

HSBC BANK PLC

8 CANADA SQUARE

LONDON

E14 5HQ

what I am trying to do is get account frozen to stop even more OD charges been shoved on, and pay bit off each month to clear it

original OD was £500 most of that charges I owe about £250 of that, now over £800 with all charges/interest etc

and cant afford to clear it all

think was told Customer Credit team to contact

Hiya Mike, I doubt very much if HSBC will agree to anything along these lines, they are more likely to offer you a managed loan WHICH YOU SHOULD REFUSE because it will be horrendously expensive and mean you will be in debt for a long time.

I think most people end up opening a new account with another bank to handle their day to day finances and once your claim is underway your account will be in dispute and HSBC can do very little legally to recover anything until your dispute is sorted and you get your charges back. while this is happening you can pay what you can afford into the account to reduce the debt you actually owe them.

pete

• Haha 1

H.S.B.C have sent me my statements and have refunded the £10 SAR

in response to my first request but because I sent them through the internal post and thought they had ignored my request

I have today SARed them again

this time asking for every thing in relation to my account

do I need anything else or should I put in my new claim as soon as possible

and can they come after the balance on my overdaraft?? because at the moment I cant afford to pay it off

I have a new account with another bank

and can they come after the balance on my overdaraft?? because at the moment I cant afford to pay it off

Hi Mike - as pete said earlier, now that your account is in dispute (they should know it will be from your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)) they cannot enforce repayment until the amount owing is confirmed.

Just follow the lead pete gave you in #33.

- stick to the timetable and if they come demanding repayment just send them an 'Account in 'Dispute' letter.....(available in the templates I think ,but if not just come back and ask)

Well done on getting a 'parachute account' - it'll help you manage day to day finances and you can see then how much you can comfortably afford to pay towards reducing your overdraft.

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

thanks Tilly

worked that time

do i complete the sheet print it off and send it when i submit my figures to the bank

I am a bit confused about the interest

do I ask for it from the outset or a later stage

whats usual? want to get it right !

Hi

The interest is only added at the court stage,Make your copies with the interest

then save them or print them,and then just delete the interest colum,and send a

copy with your prelim.

Tilly

from freaky:You will have to re-calculate the interest up to the day you file at court as the figure will change daily up until that time.

What freaky means, Mike, is that you just update the interest on the day you file at court - the calculation is already done for you - clever eh?:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D