Cabot/GoldFish/???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4647 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On Saturday, we got a hello/goodbye letter from Cabot/GoldFish Card Services.

I will be CCA'ing them on Tuesday, but I have one question.

The card is about 10 years old, so it isn't likely that the OC will have the CCA.

What happens in this instance, or is it simply unenforceable??

Many Thanks

Manc

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When did you last make a payment or written acknowledgement of the debt ?

I have a DMP with CCCS, so the last payment would have been made towards the end of last month.

• 1 month later...

Had a standard reply from Cabot today and the PO returned.

Your Request for information under the Consumer Credit Act

We acknowledge receipt of your request under sections 77 and/or 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The Cabot Financial Group is not obliged to provide this information but we are pleased to help and have already requested the documentation for you from the original lender.

Cabot Financial does not accept the statutory fee required under section 77 and/or 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and as a result Cabot has returned the fee for £1.00 that you have sent.

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

We anticipate that we will be able to provide this information within 12 days. In the event we are unlikely to obtain this information within those time limits, we will write to you again.

Blah Blah Blah

Yours Sincerely

Emma Robertson

Customer Relations Manager

Looks like I have joined the Cabot fan club by default :-D

And they will write to you again, Day 10 letter will say OC still trying to retrieve original agreement from its archives..........but as a gesture of goodwill they will put your account on hold

Day 24 letter ............still having difficulty retrieving agreement account still on hold blah blah

My day 24 letter came today

There are some on here who never heard from then since the day 24 letter

And they will write to you again, Day 10 letter will say OC still trying to retrieve original agreement from its archives..........but as a gesture of goodwill they will put your account on hold

Day 24 letter ............still having difficulty retrieving agreement account still on hold blah blah

My day 24 letter came today

There are some on here who never heard from then since the day 24 letter

Thanks for letting me know the next stages of Cabot.

Will keep this thread updated :-D

Looks like Cabot have bought a load of unforcable accounts including mine.....

hahahahahahahahahaha:D

• 2 weeks later...

Got the 10 Day letter today with the usual blurb

as a gesture of goodwill we will put your account on hold

Aww Bless them, lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't ya just love Cabot, lol

Got a letter today:

Unfortunately Cabot has been unable to provide you with the requested information within the relevant time period. We have worked hard to obtain the information for you. However, the original lender has not yet been able to locate the relevant information from their archives.

You are of course entitled to request the information direct from the original lender.

Cabot shall continue to hold any action on your account until further notice.

Although Cabot is dependant on the original lender for the information, the relevant time period has now expired. However, Cabot shall continue to request the information from the original lender to assist you with your request. We hope to receive the relevant information shortly.

From what I can work out, the 12+30 days is up on 16th June.

I received the very same letter last month from Cabot re my Goldfish account, have heard nothing since, hoping they'll go away, no doubt they will sell on to another DCA, i've stopped paying Goldfish now as they have obviously sold my debt to Cabot, and I'm not paying them a penny! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Manc - i'm just sitting tight and hoping they will go away! They have bought a load of accounts from Goldfish they haven't got a hope in hell of getting payment for! However for every one person who asks for the CCA etc and doesn't get it, I bet there are hundreds who pay up because they haven't had the help from the good people of this site. I came across this site whilst googling Mackenzie Hall about a statute barred debt, otherwise I doubt I would ever have found it and would now be worrying myself sick. Keep your thread updated whenever you hear anything further. Good luck :)

• 7 months later...

I see this thread hasn't been updated for ages, so my question is, has anybody who had their Goldfish account transferred to Cabot by Barclays (after Barclays took over the brand) received anything further from Cabot or anybody for that matter?!

My experience is very similar to all the other posters on this thread, but I have heard nothing from Cabot since spring of last year when they confirmed that the original creditor were having difficulty obtaining information from their archives.

I don't like the silence, does anybody know what is going on with this?

Regards,

Corn x:)

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

In Exactly the same boat as you Corn, nothing since last spring. Mine is even older as it was originally a Morgan Stanley Dean Witter card which was sold to goldfish.

I will get back onto Cabot after I have dealt with HSBC ( in its terminal stages) and MBNA (ongoing)

In Exactly the same boat as you Corn, nothing since last spring. Mine is even older as it was originally a Morgan Stanley Dean Witter card which was sold to goldfish.

I will get back onto Cabot after I have dealt with HSBC ( in its terminal stages) and MBNA (ongoing)

This is very interesting, what is going on? My GF account was opened in 1996 so it is now some 13 years old! Mine is old enough to originally be HFC Bank, then Morgan Stanley, then Lloyds and currently Barclays. It is all very very odd.

I am very unsure whether to approach Cabot and ask exactly what is going on, or whether to leave it and see what happens.

Regards,

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

I have more to say Corn, but I can't just yet.

Cabot are surreal! I swear they could drive you mad, maybe that's what they want?

That's a shame! I guess we will have to wait until you are able to say something! What a bum! :p

Regards,

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

I just want to give my MP time.

But I tell you, if I wasn't crazy enough already I would be now! Cabot are MAJOR head-monsters! If they haven't been in touch Corn, honestly I'd steer well clear. I think I'm developing a nervous tic because of them, every time I think of them my head wants to explode!! :D

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

I have an update, Cabot advised me Goldfish had stated they couldn't provide a copy agreement, but they continued to process my data with the CRA's, they then advised the account had been recalled by Goldfish and I was to send all correspondence to Goldfish in the future, Cabot still continued to process my data, I wrote to them again asking them to refrain from doing so as they can't prove I owe this debt due to the lack of agreement, they recently replied that they are waiting to hear from Goldfish that they will take the debt back and until they do they will continue to process my data with the CRA's, they then stated that Barclaycard are part of the same company so they have asked them for a copy of my agreement! Hilarious, I'm wondering whether I'm going to receive a Barclaycard agreement for a Goldfish account which was opened many years before Barclays bought out Goldfish.

Complete bunch of idiots! (I will give them a quick wave though as they are no doubt reading this thread as the "guest") :D

I have an update, Cabot advised me Goldfish had stated they couldn't provide a copy agreement, but they continued to process my data with the CRA's, they then advised the account had been recalled by Goldfish and I was to send all correspondence to Goldfish in the future, Cabot still continued to process my data, I wrote to them again asking them to refrain from doing so as they can't prove I owe this debt due to the lack of agreement, they recently replied that they are waiting to hear from Goldfish that they will take the debt back and until they do they will continue to process my data with the CRA's, they then stated that Barclaycard are part of the same company so they have asked them for a copy of my agreement! Hilarious, I'm wondering whether I'm going to receive a Barclaycard agreement for a Goldfish account which was opened many years before Barclays bought out Goldfish.

Complete bunch of idiots! (I will give them a quick wave though as they are no doubt reading this thread as the "guest") :D

There is something very strange going on here and I suspect that there has been some sort of administrative error with the assignment documentation. Cabot can't possibly keep processing your data with no agreement! I think you have to report this matter to trading standards and the ICO, FSA and anybody else you can think of.

When did you last hear from Cabot Duffersmum?

Regards,

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Update

In same boat, had a morgan stanley dean witter card, sent cca and they could not comply, then became goldfish who apparantly were bought out by barclaycard, and debt since been sold to Cabot, who also cant obtain an executed agreement.

Gone very quiet, so am leaving it that way and waiting for six year limitation!!!!

VOLVO