CAG Website problems?

N.P
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5887 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Not sure which forum to post this, but as I`m having problems with the Debt Forums I thought I`d post it in here to see if anyone else is experiencing problems.

Right, not sure how long this has been going on to be honest, but it seems whenever I click on the CAG url, IE7 shows a `Can`t display page error`. Usually when I refresh the page, the page will then load, sometimes I get the error again, and then I have to refresh a few times before being able to load the page.

This seems to happen to almost all links on the CAG I use, and I`d say 75% of the time I get the page error. Then I have to refresh to try to get it to load.

This also happens a lot when I`m posting a new post on forums, and again most of the time when I hit the send message button, the screen will refresh with the page error, and then when I do eventually get the page up, I have to retype my post because it have failed to send.

Also, a lot of the time, the JPEG images do not load, sometimes they do, but most of the time half of them don`t. Again, a refresh sometimes sorts this out.

At times there page format seems to be all over the place. Again, with JPEGS missing and graphics all over the page with text towards the left hand side of the screen.

Now, I`m not sure if anyone else has these problems, I`ve never seen any mention or them, so I just thought I`d put my problems down for someone to check out.

I`m hoping I don`t have to type this out again when I hit the send button.

I look forward to hearing from someone on this.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Hi N.P

I use Firefox, which I prefer to IE7, and not had a single problem. I'd recommend Firefox without hesitation.

I just accessed the Debt forum with IE7 and everything seemed to work fine.

Just for info

:)

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES. :)

I think a lot of it is just down to the fact the CAG gets a lot of hits. Advertisers etc will be trying to "get you"!!!

Are you familiar with DQ's??? They are owned by a well known DMP company, and if you post there, your registry gets bombarded!!!

I think a lot of it is down to the popularity.........and amount of traffic.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

Hi guys,

Thanks for the posts.

dannyboy660, I`m not familiar with DQ`s? What are they?

Thanks again.

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

NP, have you completely cleared you internet cache and tried again.

This may well be an issue with your own ISP where by their DNS server is playing up.

I had a similar issue with my previous ISP's servers and I ended up using different DNS's for resolution.

Is this just happening here or on other sites ?

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Hi

DQ's = Debt Questions

Do a google for "DQ'S" or "debt forum" and 99% chance you'll end up there.

It's OK but a bit creditor biased.

Then your registry gets bombarded. (perhaps)

A little research reveals it's owned by by Totemic..........

Payplan.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

I think a lot of it is just down to the fact the CAG gets a lot of hits. Advertisers etc will be trying to "get you"!!!

Are you familiar with DQ's??? They are owned by a well known DMP company, and if you post there, your registry gets bombarded!!!

I think a lot of it is down to the popularity.........and amount of traffic.

What?

Hi guys,

Thanks for the posts.

I`ve tried installing Firefox. This started out ok for a holf hour or so, then I started getting the same problem again on the CAG site.

Other sites have started doing the same thing now.

First thing in the morning I`ll clear out my cache. I`ll use Evidence Eliminator, it cleans out pretty much everything.

I`ll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again all ;)

Regards

N.P

Ive been getting the same happen to me NP, been getting it on other sites too.

I will clear out the cache later when home and see if that works (in work atm)

I had put it down to my new comodo firewall that i installed recently as this problem has only occured since installing!

cm

Hi

DQ's = Debt Questions

Do a google for "DQ'S" or "debt forum" and 99% chance you'll end up there.

It's OK but a bit creditor biased.

Then your registry gets bombarded. (perhaps)

A little research reveals it's owned by by Totemic..........

Payplan.

(Just looked myself DB - :eek::eek::eek:)

I'm having problems with the CAG forums too - sometimes the thread posts read top to bottom, most recent at the bottom... then next time they're going the other way! Which way should they read now - was this a change from a few weeks ago?

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

(Just looked myself DB - :eek::eek::eek:)

I'm having problems with the CAG forums too - sometimes the thread posts read top to bottom, most recent at the bottom... then next time they're going the other way! Which way should they read now - was this a change from a few weeks ago?

Hi sosumi,

Thanks for that post.

Yeah, now you`ve mentioned it, it is only since the last few weeks or so.

I`ve just cleaned out my cache, updated my Panda Internet Security 2008 from 12.00.00 - 12.01.00 and also set the IE webpage encoding to AUTO. It was originally on Unicode UTF-8.

It seems to have calmed down a bit, but every so often it still acts dodgy. At times, the button graphics don`t load up, the text is squashed up on one side and more, not to mention the `Internet Explorer Can`t Find The Page` error.

Other sites I have used appear to act normally as far as I can tell.

Are you thinking it might have something to do with the crash the CAG had a few weeks or so ago?

Thanks again, keep them coming people.

Regards

N.P

URGH IE :eek:

Use firefox ;)

Arrghhgh.

I`ve just clicked Reply and I got the Can`t Display Page, I had to Refresh to load it back. When I type a post and hit Send (or whatever it`s called) it sometimes does the same thing then I lose my post and have to retype it. :mad:

Anyway, I tried Firefox this morning at about 4am, it seemed ok for a half hour then the same thing started with that also.

Regards

N.P

Are you thinking it might have something to do with the crash the CAG had a few weeks or so ago?

Yes that's what I'm thinking NP... :)

I'm using Firefox on Linux (Ubuntu). I'll try clearing the cache now... which way is 'up' though? Should the threads read with the latest post at the top or the bottom, anybody? Because it doesn't take a lot to confuse me!! :D

Well your post's at the top of page 1 BB! :D Gah! I'll try clearing the cache now!!:p

Still happening when I log in. When I'm not logged in it's all in the right order, ie. this post will be the last on this thread. Now I'm logged in it's at the top of page 1!!:confused:

I shall ask a few IT people later for you NP :)

In the meantime, use a word ducument and copy and paste to stop from losing your replies :)

No need to even paste it - just 'copy', and if you need to resubmit the post, it'll still be in your buffer to paste.

This really has nothing to do with the CAG downtime last month. I can think of two explanations: either the CAG web server was up to it's maximum number of connections, so couldn't serve your request; or it's a networking issue somewhere between you and the CAG machine.

I don't think it's the first scenario - I keep an eye on the load, and we haven't been maxed out for a long time.

The second possibility is a bit vague - it could be your LAN, your router, your ISP, a backbone, or our hosting company's network. You're not on a flaky wifi connection I don't suppose?

Personally, I don't think that changing browser or clearing your cache will make any difference - seems much more likely to be networking

Oh, regarding the direction in which posts are ordered, I believe you can change this in the User CP