CAG Website problems?

N.P
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No need to even paste it - just 'copy', and if you need to resubmit the post, it'll still be in your buffer to paste.

This really has nothing to do with the CAG downtime last month. I can think of two explanations: either the CAG web server was up to it's maximum number of connections, so couldn't serve your request; or it's a networking issue somewhere between you and the CAG machine.

I don't think it's the first scenario - I keep an eye on the load, and we haven't been maxed out for a long time.

The second possibility is a bit vague - it could be your LAN, your router, your ISP, a backbone, or our hosting company's network. You're not on a flaky wifi connection I don't suppose?

Personally, I don't think that changing browser or clearing your cache will make any difference - seems much more likely to be networking

Oh, regarding the direction in which posts are ordered, I believe you can change this in the User CP

Hi Webmaster,

Thanks for that. I`m not sure, I`m on a wired router, with 2 PC`s, a Xbox 360 and Windows Home Server, which I built up this last week. I`ve been having the problems since before adding the Server though.

Until a few weeks or so ago, everything seemed ok, I never had any problems with anything. It seems to have settled down since yesterday, althoughI still get the odd dodgy `white page`, so it`s got me stumped.

Anyway, thanks again for the posts. If anyone else is having problems, please put them up for us to see.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Latest posts at the top, is the default.

If I remember correctly it may be possible to change that in your profile.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Im still getting the same problem NP.

Ive been thru the firewall with a fine toothed comb and everything seems ok there.

Also it only happens to me on 2 forums and both are Vb sites

I did find if i click on a link once, i get the connecting page message in bottom left of screen and eventually it times out.

By double clibking the links it seems to work as it should then and the page loads up:D

It wont work when replying on a thread tho, for that its stop, cut, reload reply page and paste and that seems to work.

This is annoying on another forum which I have a high daily post count, on here its tolerable as i rarely post, just read, read and read...lol

cm

Hi cookie,

Yeah, I`m still having the same problems, pretty much exactly the same as you to be honest.

The only thing is, in my quick reply message box, there is no `CUT` or `COPY` option when I right click in the window, so if I hit the `Post Quick Reply` and it bombs (times) I lose my message. I can of course type it out in NOPEPAD or WORD first, and then Paste it in, but that kind of defeats the point really.

Most annoying.

Keep the post coming people.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi people,

I`ve been offline for a few days or so, but it seem`s this site appear`s to be working fine for me now.

Does anyone know if any work or fixes have been done on the site? Is anyone else still having problems?

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Regards

N.P