zhanzhibar vs HFC-weightman court action **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Z :)

As Caro said, check with the court that everything is above board and that the court confirms what Weightmans have said.

Then keep that Notice of discontinuance very safe. Scan it, store it on your computer, email it to yourself, put a copy under your mattress, etc.etc. !!!

I'm probably not jumping the gun if I say congratulations on your win !!

Another HFC claim bites the dust :D:D:D

No doubt your thread title will be soon be amended to **WON**, and it will be moved to the legal successes forum.

Cheers

Rob

PS

Time to consider claiming your costs from the unsuccessful claimant!

Edited by robcag
added PS

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably not jumping the gun if I say congratulations on your win !!

I don't think you are jumping the gun;

Discontinuance and subsequent proceedings

A claimant who discontinues a claim needs the permission of the court to make another claim against the same defendant if –

(a) he discontinued the claim after the defendant filed a defence; and

(b) the other claim arises out of facts which are the same or substantially the same as those relating to the discontinued claim.

Congratulations on your win!

So they can't really take me to court again for the same thing .... phew!that's a relief:D coz I remember reading in robcag's thread that when he went to court with HFC & won a couple of days after the debt was trf to phoenix. I haven't read what happened to him since then... a bit busy as I have 2 other court cases looming with Link financial & Amex..

Well.. one gone (with all the harassment letters, phone calls etc) 10 to go:(

Congrats, thats great news:D

righty then

Costs time

They have discontinued therefore they have made themselves liable for your costs

I think you should give thought to your costs in this matter.

Congrats to you!

Definitely put in a claim for your costs – each time companies like this have to pay out it makes them think (or it should) about the pointless action they undertake. They are hoping that you don’t defend and get an easy ccj against you.

Not to mention the stress they put you under when you have to defend a court case.

Put your claim in and well done again!

So they can't really take me to court again for the same thing .... phew!that's a relief:D coz I remember reading in robcag's thread that when he went to court with HFC & won a couple of days after the debt was trf to phoenix. I haven't read what happened to him since then...

Hi Z

After the initial contact from Marlin/Phoenix (a NoA sent by normal post - which I understand was therefore not properly served, and if push ever came to shove, I could put them to strict proof that said notice was served) I have not contacted them and have heard nothing further. ;)

My original case papers, especially the Notice of discontinuance, are tucked away just in case I ever need them.

Cheers

Rob

Hello all,

Without you all, I won't be able to do it though. Thanks again.

Right then, how do i claim for the costs?

Also, can I also ask them to correct my credit rating (don't know how to say it & what is the right word but I hope u guys know what I mean)?

Personally, I wouldn't claim for costs. The reason? There's probably little you can claim for at this stage. I'd let sleeping dogs lie personally.

Having said that...

I would be writing to them to let them know you could seek costs via the Court, and that you will agree not to do that, (outline how much you would be seeking to give them an incentive) if - and only if - they agree to write off the debt, state in writing that they won't continue to collect the outstanding balance or get a DCA to do that for them and remove the CRA data relating to it. If they don't agree, then I would seek costs and an order of specific performance that the CRA info is removed on the basis that they discontinued.

Personally, I wouldn't claim for costs. The reason? There's probably little you can claim for at this stage.

What?

thats wrong , seriously wrong

there is a lot you would be able to claim, in fact the amount runs in to the hundreds of pounds easily

personally i would claim for costs and its a poke in the eye to the DCA at the same time,

maybe if more people claimed costs they would think about it before they bring these claims

there is a lot you would be able to claim, in fact the amount runs in to the hundreds of pounds easily

personally i would claim for costs and its a poke in the eye to the DCA at the same time,

maybe if more people claimed costs they would think about it before they bring these claims

I would have to agree with what Paul says, as I found this to be the case in my own battle with HFC/Restons.

I was surprised at just how quick they paid up (approx 2 days after writing to them), and at the time I wished I'd claimed a couple of hundred £s more. However, my case actually got as far as an application hearing and I'd also applied for and got an 'Unless' order from the Judge regarding the costs which is what I quoted to Restons.

I say sting the barstewards. :D

Cheers

Rob

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Hope you all have a nice Christmas & New Year.

Am wondering whether it's too late now to ask for wasted order costs for my supposed trial on the 10th November that HFC-Weightman backed out & send Notice of Discontinuance?

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Was it small claims or fast track?

Hi Josie,

It's the small claims track

No it isn't, so I'd send your statement of costs to them and ask them to pay, or face being hauled back to Court for a costs assessment hearing.

Hi car, thanks for the replying. That's what i needed to hear. Calculating my costs a we speak

Excellent result... well done Zhan ;)

Thanks P1. One down ....10 to go..

Hi all,

Am wondering if any of you guys can comment on my drafted wasted order costs below.

draft wasted order costs.doc

I am not sure what to do next. Either send a letter to HFC-Weightman first and let them know my intention or just file it straight to the court.

What do you all think?