Card through the door

splatrowe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This morning I received a little postcard through the letterbox from a company called Power 2 Contact Ltd.

It is signed with the name 'J. White' and says 'I confirm I will be calling to discuss the recent communication from CSL on Wednesday between 9am and 9pm'.

My situation is that I have two accounts with Barclays and am awaiting the result of the test case because i'm owed around £1800 in unfair charges. Unfortunately I am now currently unemployed and thus am languishing in debt which has rolled on to both my Egg card and Barclaycard.

Does this little card mean they'll be calling me on the phone, or calling at my house, and what should I do in the event?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

This is a typical DCA scare tactic to get you to call.

I have a stack of these and they have NEVER arrived.

In the unlikely event they do, simply tell them to leave.

They have ZERO legal powers and merely make threats they cannot follow through.

Have you received a proper letter from P2C concern any debts ?

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

file it under 'crap' - and certainly ignore it. do not make any contact with them, its a phishing trip

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

Have you received a proper letter from P2C concern any debts ?

Not that i've seen no. I get letters from Barclays, Barclaycard, and Egg, but that's about it. It really sucks because if I could just get things sorted with Barclays then i'd be able to pay off both the credit cards and still have enough spending money aside to go on holiday!!

Thanks for all your replies guys. In the heat of the moment I find myself getting rather worried and depressed about the whole situation, and the tactics these people use really play on those insecurities. Like using the name Power To Contact Ltd (makes me think someone's gonna turn up at the house!).

So I should just ignore them then...I went through a phase of answering the phone calls I get too, just to explain that I can't pay off my debts because i'm unemployed and Barclays have taken all my money, but nothing works, and i don't particularly like the idea of burying my head in the sand but ignoring seems the best course of action...

In the highly unlikely event of anyone arriving at your door then tell them to go forth and multiply. They have no LEGAL powers whatsoever. Should they fail to leave when asked then contact your local police and report a breach of the peace.

J White is probably a friend of P Green who claims he is going to visit several thousand house up an down the UK on a Tuesday between 8am and 9pm

Unless invited these doorstep collectors have as much power as a pizza delivery guy , but not as much brains , IF and its a BIG IF they turn up , dont answer nothing dont sign nothing dont do anything but RING THE POLICE AND SAY THERES A NUTTER OUTSIDE MY HOUSE SHOUTING OBSCENITIES THROUGH MY LETTERBOX , Sirens blaring 2 mins later no DC on your doorstep .

DO NOT RING IF NOT ABLE TO WIND THEM UP ITS NOT WORTH THE HASSLE

CAG v dca

CAG EVERYTIME .....

KEEP RIGHT ON TILL THE END OF THE ROAD ........

Send Power2DoVeryLittle this letter...

Dear xxxx

Account Ref xxxx

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully/sincerely

• Haha 1

Have had 14 different cards over the years and had only 2 people ever call, one put the card through the door saying we called but you were out, iwas by the door at the time!! they were frightened to call!!! and the other was a trick because there was a really pretty woman at the door and i answered of course to be told she was a debt collection agent! but have not had any one arrive at door in last four years of despite the cards and now you have CAG if and a very big if anyone arrives send them packing!

All comments are well meant but i am not legally qualified only CAG educated:D

In the slight chance i have been helpful please click the scales:)