Fuming!

avinalaf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was made to feel like a criminal in Mamas n Papas store after spending £50, because I refused to give them my address. in front of a queue of customers the manager was summonds. when asked why they wanted it I was told 'because we alway's take customers addresses.' I refused. I have nothing to hide but I object to having to give out my address to people who I dont know or do not want to have it!

Rant over.

Is this big brother watching? Do you feel the same:idea:

Could just tell them your name was Mickey Mouse, address - Disneyland.

Usually winds them up.

Totally agree though, stores that request addresses (as part of their 'unwritten terms' of doing business with you are just un-neccessary.

(giving out your address on the purchase of a TV can be viewed differently though).

Did they tell you the reason to ask for your address?

Perhaps it was for a guarantee for the item you bought.

Unless a good reason was given then like you I would refuse to give the information aswell.:)

If you were not given a satisfactory reason I feel you were quite justified in not giving out your address in this situation.

There are far to many people in this country with our personal details who do not take good enough care of them. If I cannot trust my own goverment not to give out/lose personal information how can I trust a company whose sole interest is in making money.

I do believe this "Big Brother" society is going to far.