MBNA PPI Unsecured Loans Eyes Wide Shut

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5648 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello BRW,

You ok if I stick those links in my links?

If you are ok with that you get the credit in links.8-)

Why are the companies in question not named and shamed?:eek:

Serious question ;) - How good would it be to see some of our illustrious banking organisations lose their licences to trade?

In the first link I assume the Claim chasers is referring to 20% commission people who want to help us out. Would that be correct? Not the likes of us innocents BRW, aa, hell and the rest of the CAG posters???

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello BRW,

You ok if I stick those links in my links?

If you are ok with that you get the credit in links.8-)

Why are the companies in question not named and shamed?:eek:

Serious question ;) - How good would it be to see some of our illustrious banking organisations lose their licences to trade?

In the first link I assume the Claim chasers is referring to 20% commission people who want to help us out. Would that be correct? Not the likes of us innocents BRW, aa, hell and the rest of the CAG posters???

aa

:lol: We are the good guys, good samaritans. I get my buzz in seeing caggers win and get their monies refunded:grin: Must confess also enjoying giving these financial institutes a hard time and catching them out when they quote rubbish, cos they think we are uneducated.

Without hijacking your suberb informative thread BRW, maybe we should start a thread quessing who would be on the list:-D Firstplus springs to mind

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hello BRW,

the links are now in links.

I used to get a regular call from RBS. Thankfully they have stopped at the moment.

When you hit them with the harassment claim don't forget your wasted time element logging calls in the compensation you require.

On the subject of links do you think the post is a bit long? I would value you opinion. I have tried to put as much info in there so new caggers can get some of the picture about the misselling, but it may lose its interest by being such a size.:rolleyes:

Regards

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hello BRW,

searching the site came across a few links. These may help you with the telephone harassment...

Malicious Communications Act 1988 (c. 27)

Protection from Harassment Act 1997 (c. 40)

hope these help

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hello BRW,

Still up for the fight I see! Good luck with the Decyphering of the bar codes.

Many of the CCA replies I have seen so far, are very, very, very suspicious on Dates. One arrived about 4 Days after the CCA 12 Working Day Deadline, and even had a handy Franking Mark dated to confirm the Letter was posted after the Deadline..but the Date on the Letter was 5 Days before the Deadline! Yeah, right, I bet it was.

I don't believe you have stopped trusting your friendly bank!!

My bank use UK mail and some envelopes are date marked others not. I have two examples of letters being dated and the envelopes date marked three days later.

The only time I got a quick response was the CCA request which they sent special next day delivery and the envelope was posted the day after the date on the letter. They did however only send me the details on the Current loan as they are not bound under section 77 to send details of old CCAs.

If you check out my thread you will see I am still not in receipt of all the details requested in my SAR.

However a nice Mod named Rory on the legal thread tells me they have to produce CCAs for old refinanced agreements if you ask for them in the SAR (which of course I have done about 8 times so far). Also any old agreements you have had and the they the banks are required to retain the paperwork for 5 years after the agreement is closed through refinance or settlement.

Re the barcode decyphher, do you not have any postman friends??

regards

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hello BRW,

I know at least 2 postmen (one lives across the road from me)

Would you like me to approach them clandestinely for an answer to bar codes or do you want me to ask them to acquire post office stamps? and I don't mean first or second class stamps

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hi BRW

you seem to be on track as always ! last week i received a hand addressed letter from Dublin it had a form for me to fill out assets ect

no chance havent received any cca,s back as yet they have till thursday

then look out , ive got a new thread now in barclaycard , fun just started

1st cca to come back out of 7 unenforceable icon7.gif

dont work to hard

cheers M1

Hello BRW,

How is your case doing?

Just to let you know two envelopes 1 X Royal Mail and 1 X UK Mail are in the hands of my Post Office mate. He will ask some questions and get back to me. I will post the info when found or if you prefer PM let me know.

Regards

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hello BRW,

thanks for the update.

I have a bunch of envelopes fully loaded ready to post if you check out post 47 on my thread...alanalana PPI claim against RBS (looking for some help) please

You will se what I mean. Deadline Wednesday 30. The nice chap at the FOS tells me when I write claiming the missold PPI the Bank has 8 weeks to respond. no response forthcoming within that time, complaint to FOS. If the bank refuse the refund saying sorry but that is our final word on the matter then the 8 weeks goes out of the window and a complaint to the FOS immediately.

The have told me they will look at anything within 6 years, so three of my claims will be straight to the FOS when the time is right. If the RBS comes up with the SAR goodies then it could be 4 and maybe even a full house.:rolleyes:

Regards

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hello BRW

many thanks for your help on my post, ive been looking at the DVTW

thread most time consuming ,but what a great interesting read, have taken

lots of tips from the guy where has he gone ?

need to get a plan together, so many its hard to keep a track of whats

what , however our freinds at the towers have gone past the 12+2

deadline all except the loan one which i am still not sure what to do

with .

Been busy with the Business so not been about will try to keep up

with it all

Regards M1

Hi BRW

where is dave he does not seem to be on the site recently?

have you had any luck with yours

Ive just had a rant at British gas over in Utilitys , i have so many issues

at the moment its a fine wonder im not in the NUT HOUSE!!!!!!!!

It does all seem to get you down sleeping is a problem at the moment

because i spend so long looking at what other people have done on this

wonderful site , my brain is full of the stuff .

Been very quite on the phone of late , i think you are right when we send

in our requests CCA SAR the floodgates open then after the deadline

dont here anything strange game this ,

Well wonder what tomorrow will bring ?

Regards M1

Hello BRW,

are you ready for some information from my Postman helper?

Firstly he has informed me that the orange bar codes on the front are purely codes for addresses. areas and post codes and nothing to do with date of posting.:mad:

He also tells me that a lot of banks will be sending out tons of mail ( I guess the tonnage will be about to increase over the coming months) and so your letter will go into a big box (probably at the bottom of it) and there it will sit until box is full or Friday comes around, or someone remembers the big box full of important stuff. The letter will then be put into the mail system and is put through automated system and the date is printed on the back, (or the front if the envelope is put in the wrong way) but depending on the serviceability of the machine you may see the date or half of it or none of it. It may actually bypass the machine altogether as it could be a bank machine.

Postie also believes that some mail can sit in these big boxes for several days but of course did it include your letter?

I have a letters dated:

8 Feb but it was sent First Class secure DX (next day delivery) I received it on 11 Feb. So much for next day delivery!:eek:

25 Mar envelope not franked until 28 Mar

The only really fast one was the cca request letter dated 17 Apr and I received it next day, again secure DX next day delivery.

I have even had a copy of a statement in brown envelope without a privacy marking (How clever is that)?

It would appear that it is hit and miss in my case and the majority of my letters are not date marked.

Hope this has been of some help to you.:rolleyes:

You could probably be able to make out some dates if you can scan and blow up the size of the date.

PS my deadline for SAR is tomorrow should I send that letter, post 47 on my thread???

Regards

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hello BRW,

Have you ever thought of taking a job in Cryptography?:cool:

Plus a link for you ref the telephone calls. You may be already aware of this but I have stuck it in the links sticky as well.

The Basics - Privacy and Electronic Communications

Keep at it:eek:

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from