• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not sure why all the bad rep about credit cards

ive got one had one for the last 4 years, never taken it to the limit never taken it past a fifth of the limit (as i know thats the maximum i could afford to pay in one go)

nearly always paid it off in full each month (one mistake where the payment hit the account a day too late and got a £10 charge)

credit cards are NOT a problem as long as your sensable with them, anything i feel that is a maybe i couldnt afford i leave, anything where i think "i have the money now but i might spend it by the end of the month and not have it for my credit card" comes off my debit card so i KNOW that its gone and i dont accidentaly spend it on something else.

its probably annoying the hell out of the bank that i pay in ful each month but the £10 charge will probably keep them happy for a few years

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Hey peeps. We got what looks like a 1st Credit employee leaving a comment on one of my video's.

YouTube - Judge Judy Fuzzybobbles some Debt Collectors

If you're a Youtube subscriber, or have 2 mins to be one and leave a comment, then I won't stop you. :D

If you've not seen my video's before, click the link and have a good laugh at the expense of a well known DCA. :D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

If you can. scroll down the list of comments, and click on the thumbs down for the peep who posted a negative comment :D

YouTube - Judge Judy Fuzzybobbles some Debt Collectors

Looking good so far.

Wouldn't want 1st Credit and Uncle Bob's employee's to have the last word,

So keep posting comments. Register for free, then you can post comments,

reply to DCA's employee's and click on the stars to give a 5 star rating. :-)

Also you get links to video's I've not posted on here ;-)

Edited by fuzzybobble

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Strange that, FB, because it seems I've been fending off some fools as well.

One guy's a bit upset. I have the strangest feeling I've mentioned his company by name. I think you'll know which one I mean, but I don't think I've read - in any of the negatives I've had so far - such a pile of self-justifying cr*p.

What is this anyway, week of the trolls, or something?

YouTube - UK Debt Collection Agencies - getting them off your case - Part 1

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a copy of an email that started:

Direct Collections Ltd

ARE YOU OWED MONEY?

IS YOUR DEBTOR LAUGHING?

HAS THE LEGAL SYSTEM

HANDCUFFED YOU?

WOULD YOU LIKE THE LAST LAUGH?

I responded at the time to laugh at them and comment that I would send them an invoice if they bothered me again - today I've had no less than three of these spam emails...

Any suggestions on how much I should request, per default of my clear instruction NOT to send further junk mail. Also, any law that I could quote to enforce this?

At present I'm unemployed so may as well use some of my time to lodge a case in court if they then fail to cough up. I seem to recall telling them that I would get a proper debt collection company (are there any?) to pay them a visit if they did not pay. As that course of action isn't really an option, for ethical rea\sons I guess, I'd go to the court if possible, and let them send the bailiffs round.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Good for you Hillards - and no excuse-for-a company deserves it more than DLC. They are part of the Faccenda Group, other arms of the same group being Hillsden and MDB and they are all run by the same guy who thinks he is above the law. He even puts a false address and divertionary number on MDB's letterhead in an attempt to disguise the fact that DLC/Hillsden/MDB are the same company. Well, now those he thinks he is bullying are hitting back big time and he is discovering that not only is he not above the law but he is getting stymied in trying to collect unenforceable debts, I believe that after riding roughshod over people for years they are at last feeling it where it hurts - in their lousey corporate pockets. Aktiv Kapital have just reported a £40 million loss and that must be reverberating through the whole industry. The OFT are also finally wakening up to what these guys have been doing, albeit slowly. If the guy at DLC/Hillsden/MDB thinks he is going to have the last laugh, he can think again because if he attempts to take me to court - and he has no case - I too am going to sue the unmentionables off him. I would just love a copy of that DLC flyer and I would take it to court with me and say to the Sheriff (Scotland) " Look - this is what the Faccenda Group think of your court - they are going to try to bend the law if they can so they can have the last laugh." Good luck.

I would just love a copy of that DLC flyer and I would take it to court with me...

The full message was posted by myself at http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/131409-cheekiness-towards-dca-277.html#post2007068 - the first time they sent it. It came by email, every copy I've had arrives that way.

They now add the footer:

Our communications are delivered in line with EU Directive on Privacy and

Electronic Communications.

An active method of opting out of further communications is supplied at the

base of this email.

To unsubscribe -

http://www.britlandinvest.com/online/5munsubscribe.php?id=0000000&cli=XXX00

with the final ID/cli identifying the message and batch I guess, hence changing it to all zeroes. Oh, and it's their line breaks, not mine!

I hate spam, I don't like DCA's, add them together and I just want something legal I can take them to court under - and not some obscure property act from 1925 either!

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

:lol::lol::lol: Fuzzy ! Was just looking and laughing at your vids on Youtube when Mercers phoned me...... I said I didn't want to talk to them and that I was corresponding with Barclays direct. She said QUOTE

Well, we'll send somebody round to collect then, your account is with Mercers now UNQUOTE

and she hung up. Her voice was very threatening and nasty:evil: Shame I'm recording them all hey?:rolleyes:

with the final ID/cli identifying the message and batch I guess, hence changing it to all zeroes
I got a call with CLI showing all zeroes - never seen that before - what does it mean exactly? The caller sounded Indian and was asking for a previous female tenant of whom I've been receiving mail, from what seems to be DCA's.

I got a call with CLI showing all zeroes - never seen that before - what does it mean exactly? The caller sounded Indian and was asking for a previous female tenant of whom I've been receiving mail, from what seems to be DCA's.

If the number is from 'abroad' or a call centre the number can show like this as it's going through a PBX exchange as an extension number.

Quick question, if I may, didn't want to open a new thread at this moment.

Cap One card issued around 2001, they sent a Default notice (which is incorrect ie no date etc)

Should I CCA them and if no production tell them to Foxtrot O or wait until they ship it out to one of the dark forces and then CCA?

Many thanks

Quick question, if I may, didn't want to open a new thread at this moment.

Cap One card issued around 2001, they sent a Default notice (which is incorrect ie no date etc)

Should I CCA them and if no production tell them to Foxtrot O or wait until they ship it out to one of the dark forces and then CCA?

Many thanks

A crap one card from 2001.......I would CCA them as they hardly EVER have enforceable agreements ;)

A crap one card from 2001.......I would CCA them as they hardly EVER have enforceable agreements ;)

Yes, I was going to say that too but they will come back probably with the excuse that under Regulation 3 of the 1983 Consumer Credit Regulations, they don't need to send one!

Maybe just use the CPR31.16 route first. It's a loooooong one, but try and read, from the beginning, as much of this thread as you can:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/173201-why-you-shouldnt-use.html

I seem to be missing out on all the fun, 'cos none of them ring me.

Although Welcome did try calling twice yesterday but I was eating my dinner so ignored the phone and they haven't phoned today possibly because i sent the account in dispute letter which probably arrived today to the branch and also the customer relations department.

ho hum, have to wait and see what happens I suppose..

I seem to be missing out on all the fun, 'cos none of them ring me.

Although Welcome did try calling twice yesterday but I was eating my dinner so ignored the phone and they haven't phoned today possibly because i sent the account in dispute letter which probably arrived today to the branch and also the customer relations department.

ho hum, have to wait and see what happens I suppose..

They don't ring me anymore. So I ring them. :D Even if I don't have an account with them, I still call and tell them I'm coming to visit them. In their dreams, and nightmares. Just like Freddy in "Nightmare on Fuzzybobble St"

:p

• Haha 1

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

I decided that the poor DCA's are in so much trouble I'd try nd help my latest phone pest.

so out of the goodness of my heart I have been through my email junk folder and supplied those lovely people who told me I HAVE WON this -that or the other Lottery, & those nice Nigerian Bankers, with the name address and phone numbers of a certain contact at a certain DCA.

I like to LINK people of the same ILK together, I hope they enjoy each others company.;)

:lol::lol::lol: Now I wish I hadn't deleted all my Nigerian emails.

Now expect a visit from the Cagbot for being racist:eek::eek:

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks