debt with hsbc

pigsic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

what i am thinking is

How can they say this are the T&Cs when the acc was openwhen they are printed on HSBC paper.

If they are then should they not be on midland paper?

if they are a copy of the internet or a photocopy how can they say they has not adjusted a few things on the T&Cs to say they are from the correct time.

As we no some companys have been accused or have been know to do this.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some T&C's from Midland. I think they are 1997 ones.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

yes but if you look at these ones, and you dont need to do it carefully, you will see they look like they have been coppied or just printed out.

they have the midland wrote on them but in big letters where the letter head normally is they have HSBC in the correct size i think as well.

Something tells me they have just been down loaded and printed off.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

They probably photocopied them onto HSBC headed paper GM - but if you look closely on #49 you will see that it says :

MCP 4111 std 01/98

The terms of use which follow say:

"The agreement is made between us Midland bank plc Card Services .....and you ,the customer .

These T&Cs apply to the use of your Midland Mastercard or Midland VisaCard card numbers and account."

Does this help with your observations? :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

i sore that but if they are ones from when the account was opened then they would be a exact copy not a photo copie.

i think that as some of the T&Cs cant be read due to the large hsbc logo on them then you cant say they are a exact copy

Also so how can we safely say that they have not been adjusted to say they are the exact copys of the originals?

As well as that photo copy I got a booklet with other t and c from hsbc. Can I just ask I have dads cc and o/d on this thread do you think i should separate them.

cheers

lisa

yes please do seperate them as it will stop confusion.

Chrissi

That is what I thought because hsbc logo is over the top of the t and c write so what do you think I should do. Today they have started phoning dad but in the letter they have given 8 weeks.

cheers

lisa

As well as that photo copy I got a booklet with other t and c from hsbc. Can I just ask I have dads cc and o/d on this thread do you think i should separate them.

cheers

lisa

My point exactly

2 lots of t&cs for the same account now what ones are correct?

dont inform the hsbc of anything.

I would complain to the fos about this and pretty soon.

you can seperate them how ever you feel it would be best but as long as you out a link in thos thread to tell us where the other one has moved to so we can follow it and advise accordingly.

Chrissi

dont inform the hsbc of anything.

I would complain to the fos about this and pretty soon.

Do I write to them (fos) and what would I say sorry but Im a dummie

Its all confusing to me , If They take dad to court will he have to go and stand up in court

cheers lisa

If you read the link and the FAQs pigsic .it should guide you to where you want to go - there is a little section on the right of the home page about bank charges

Financial Ombudsman Service

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Just phone and ask them for advice pigsic - or get your local Citizens Advice Bureau to help you fill in the forms...........

About the Financial Ombudsman Service

If you have a complaint about a bank, insurance company or financial firm – the Financial Ombudsman Service may be able to help.

Our job is to settle disputes between financial businesses and their customers. We were set up by law to do this – as independent experts – and our service is free to consumers.

We can look at complaints about most financial matters including, for example:

• banking
  • insurance
  • mortgages
  • pensions
  • savings and investments
  • credit cards and store cards
  • loans and credit
  • hire purchase and pawnbroking
  • financial advice
  • stocks, shares, unit trusts and bonds.

If you're not certain whether we can help with your particular problem – just contact us and ask. We'll be happy to advise you.

Call us on 0845 080 1800

Nemo me impune lacessit

yes my TS are not worth wasting my time i think but i am going to give the another try about this whole matter of my cases.

They have constuantly stuck there head in the sand and passed me on to the national debt helpline. One more try and if they fail to comply i will report them.

Have any of you ever had to complain to the fos or t s

I have used both and have had pretty good experiences with both. You have nothing to lose by complaining to them. Follow Jonnymitch's advice / link and go from there.

When FOS deal with complaints they expect the company to liase with them. I have found that useful with Barclays. When they have tried to continue harrassing me i have 'told tales' to FOS!! :grin: In such cases i have just sent FOS whatever letters they have sent me.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Do you think they will let me do this on my dads behalf Im so nerves thinking about it, but I would understand more then dad

cheers lisa

Certainly on the FOS there is a box asking for the details who is complaining on behalf or someone. This can be a company or relative.

• Haha 1

Give them as much info as you can lisa, with copies of correspondence to back it up where possible. It'll help them make their decision on your complaint. It is people who are struggling to pay that the banks are targetting - the more cases of this the FOS sees the better........

Take it a step at a time - you'll get there. :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Just To Let You Know That I Have Moved The Stuff About My Dad Overdraft On Mythread Hsbc Bank Please Take A Look And Advice Me I Moved It To Avoid Confusion Between Credit Card And Overdraft Im Busy Doing A Letter That I Will Post On The Other Thread So Plaese Take A Look