LOWELLS Financial Services - Campaign against unfair policies of DCA's

MrTWS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5764 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There,Just in case anyone is interested. Went to court for all of 2 minutes to get statutory demand set aside. Lowells of course didn't show and its been 6 weeks since CCA request sent with no response to it...Sure we will still hear from them but at least the worrying stuff dealt with. Couldn't of figured it all out without help of this thread!Hurrah!!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi kezmerrelda,

CONGRATULATIONS!

Well done!

I got my SD from RED (a.k.a. Lowells) set aside on Wednesday, and they didn't show up to my hearing either.

I've been waiting 3 weeks for a CCA... nothing yet.

Anyway, like I say.... CONGRATULATIONS!!!

PV :-)

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES. :)

Hi There,Just in case anyone is interested. Went to court for all of 2 minutes to get statutory demand set aside. Lowells of course didn't show and its been 6 weeks since CCA request sent with no response to it...Sure we will still hear from them but at least the worrying stuff dealt with. Couldn't of figured it all out without help of this thread!Hurrah!!

Hi kezmerrelda,

CONGRATULATIONS!

Well done!

I got my SD from RED (a.k.a. Lowells) set aside on Wednesday, and they didn't show up to my hearing either.

I've been waiting 3 weeks for a CCA... nothing yet.

Anyway, like I say.... CONGRATULATIONS!!!

PV :-)

Hope you both claimed costs against the Leeds Losers:lol:

Hi There first post on here and considering my wife has just recieved the 2nd letter in the series!!! we could be posting here for a little while.

1st from Lowells last week

2nd from red debt yesterday

I came in last week and my wife was on the phone to them ranting and raving ( I know now big mistake ). All the time though she never acknowledged any form of debt they obviously insist she owed from 2000 (8 yrs ago) totaling £47.28.

We will now after reading this thread & website (excellent by the way) send in a request for a CCA & £1 which I presume is the correct avenue as we have absolutely no idea what this debt is refering to....is this the correct 1st step??

Also the letter has been sent to her in her maiden name so which name do we use for writing to them???

All this hassle for a supposedly 47 quid.

Any help and adviceis greatly appreciated.

Cheers D

Hi djmcd and welcome.

If you are going to post about your Lowells and Red as above, you should start a new thread and then it wont get lost.

Don't send a cca request, there is no need for one.

Firstly the debt is statute barred and so cannot be actioned. Secondly, don't waste a £1, it is up to them to prove to you, not just make a demand for money.

Even if they do fulfill the cca request, it is still statute barred, and you will have paid them a pound for nothing.

Me thinks I will be contacting a national newspaper this weekend :mad:

(OOO!!) Morning MrTWS :) ( How's you? ) - You must keep us posted..

I personally still don't mind adding anything/ doing anything I can to expose these wasters. I have not heard anything since I sent the 'prove I owe this debt' letter in Feb. but the 5 letters I had in December and January did just enough to ruin my Christmas and New Year. So I know how other people feel when they are receiving post from the Lows. I'm not bitter - well actually I suppose I am because once you have been bullied in any form you never forget..:(

The company numbers are from their former website!

Just been digging over the Red Debt Site remenents on google...

The company was registered with the FSA #314677

It is now listed as "No longer Authorised"

Ouch!!

At companies house it is listed as "Status: Active - Proposal to Strike off"

Serious OUCH!!

Companies house listing change, it now reads "Status: Liquidation"

Accounting Reference Date: 31/01

Last Accounts Made Up To: 30/09/2005 (FULL)

Next Accounts Due: 30/11/2007 OVERDUE

Last Return Made Up To: 15/08/2006

Next Return Due: 12/09/2007 OVERDUE

Company #04271130

Wind Up Date:26/09/2007

Appoint Practitioner:26/09/2007spacer.gif

How can they still be operating???

All odd as I got a letter from them today demanding payment for a "capital one card"

I have only ever had 1 credit card! That card was & is issued by my BANK!

I have never needed another!

The last time I used my credit card was june 2005 when I bought a 12 month subscription to XBoxLive...

I just don't use it!

Who are these people????

:confused:

I have never been in Debt! I have never had a "Capital One Card"

I am too much of a snob to have one!

My credit report has no debt listed against me!

My credit report does list Lowell as having done 4 searches over the last 4 months...

• 3 weeks later...

If any of these firms contact you out of hours.

Go to the oft website.

Go to the credit Licencing section

Address a letter to that

they are in breach of their Licennce of the debt collection guidance of July 2003

Liquidators are now responsible...

They have to prove the debt by having the deed of assignment.

Red Financial Services Ltd is the name for the people people but Im not sure if it is the same as red debt collection services IE a trading name of the Lowell Group.

The company collecting the debt are:::: appointed as liquidators are

C/O Cowgill Holloway business recovery LLP

49 Peter Street

Manchester

M23NG

The company numbers are from their former website!

Just been digging over the Red Debt Site remenents on google...

The company was registered with the FSA #314677

It is now listed as "No longer Authorised"

Ouch!!

At companies house it is listed as "Status: Active - Proposal to Strike off"

Serious OUCH!!

Companies house listing change, it now reads "Status: Liquidation"

Accounting Reference Date: 31/01

Last Accounts Made Up To: 30/09/2005 (FULL)

Next Accounts Due: 30/11/2007 OVERDUE

Last Return Made Up To: 15/08/2006

Next Return Due: 12/09/2007 OVERDUE

Company #04271130

Wind Up Date:26/09/2007

Appoint Practitioner:26/09/2007spacer.gif

How can they still be operating???

All odd as I got a letter from them today demanding payment for a "capital one card"

I have only ever had 1 credit card! That card was & is issued by my BANK!

I have never needed another!

The last time I used my credit card was june 2005 when I bought a 12 month subscription to XBoxLive...

I just don't use it!

Who are these people????

:confused:

I have never been in Debt! I have never had a "Capital One Card"

I am too much of a snob to have one!

My credit report has no debt listed against me!

My credit report does list Lowell as having done 4 searches over the last 4 months...

• 2 months later...

My wife, who is disabled and suffering from a painful kidney infection, received a letter from Red Debt Collection Services yesterday, alleging that she owed T-Mobile just under £200.

However she has had no dealings with one2one (who were taken over by T-Mobile) for around 7 years, and insists that she settled her account with them in full. She definitely had nothing whatsoever to do with them from the spring of 2002 onwards as that's when she moved house.

No contact from one2one, T-Mobile or anyone else until yesterday, when Red Debt Collection Services write threatening home visitations from a "licensed field agent" and legal action in the County Court.

We have already sent them a letter stating that we do not acknowledge any debt exists, and that even if it did, would be Statute Barred, and have also contacted BBC Watchdog as I do not think it ethical that a company should be allowed to threaten someone with court action if it turns out that the debt was statute barred (which we are certain it is).

Given that millions of hard-working families are suffering the effects of the Credit Crunch, I believe that the last thing that they need is threats from debt collection agencies should it transpire that the debts in question are in fact statute barred. So therefore please count me in on this.

Edited by StatuteBarred