Mortgage arrears- Kensington. Nervous wreck.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fine - I'll get to work on it when I get home, so it will be later this evening when I send it to you.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Thankyou so much could never have come up with such a letter.Have received it.

No problem Tawnyowl:) - just get the forms into court asap and we'll do a statement nearer the time for you to take to the hearing.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Am just finishing forms.Taken longer to fill in than i thought.Have noticed 352.75 solicitors costs and administration charges.Plus 353.75 arrears fee.Plus 995.00 for costs fee.Counsellor called round on 12march without a appointment or a phone call to say she was calling.I was not in so my wife could not give information without me being there.She asked for our phone number and went.Have noticed counsellor cost of 58.75. This seems a bit of a racket.If they call round all the houses in the area without appointments they must turn over a nice amount.The normal price is over90 pound.Plus the arrears fee monthly 50.00-how can they justify that.Should i mention any of these points or leave them and possibly include them on statement for judge.Or leave well alone.

To be honest I would get the repossession hearing over with first and then work on the charges etc.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Bit worried especially after reading repossesed by Northern Rock thread but thanks for help.Tawnyowl

Tawnyowl, every case is different and we don't know all the background to that one - only the outcome. I am confident you will be OK and get a suspended possession. Try to stay positive - I have been involved in helping people who were in a much worse position than you, provided you show the court that you can pay the arrears off in a reasonable time things will work out OK.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Charging for a counsellor to visit is very much against the OFT rules, you should mention this on the forms....

A lot of the charges are outrageous, surely they must see that if you can't pay the full mortgage payment charging up to £125 per month in some cases only puts the debt further out of reach....

When filling in these forms do you have to put every loan and credit debt as most of them have been reduced to token payments.Have three ccjs but one have put down but cant find number to.:confused:

Have just looked on court website and wonder if it better to respond and fill forms online.Would be a lot neater.Any advice welcome.Have now got most of info at hand.Any advice welcome.

Hi there, yes - it is much easier to fill in the form online and then print it out, you can copy and paste the text I sent you for Q.27 into it.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Forms filled in and both sent online.Will make copies and keep.Thanks for advice on where to get copies of forms-they were needed.Good tip about making notes in pencil first,should have listened.Ah well off to gym now,takes pressure off .Thanks for help so far,:) Tawnyowl:D

Just one point Tawnyowl - phone the court the week before the hearing just to check they have got your defence!

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Tawnyowl

This is my first post on this site :D

Our mortgage is with Kensington and we have been through exactly the same as you. However we made an agreement with them on the phone after receiving the court papers. They then confirmed our agreement in writing and confirmed that they would now only seek a suspended order.

We then filled in the papers according to the agreement and my husband went on the day of the hearing. I am fantastic at dealing with things in writing but going to court when my house was on the line I just couldnt do it. Husband stepped up to the plate despite being absolutley terrified himself.

OH rang me when he came out of the meeting and said it was 1000 times better than he thought it would be. The judge was great - he went through everything with OH to ensure that we could afford what we were offering, Kensingtons representative was great and although unfortunatley we have been in arrears since we have still managed to stave them off. So please please do not worry your self over it, if my OH can do it then anyone can ;)

One of Kensingtons reps on the phone told me that they only normally pursue court action if you are over £2500 in arrears and if you are less than a month then they arent particularly interested!

I am sure that everything will be absolutely fine.

We are going to offer them normal payment plus 60.00 begining May.We cant pay before due to wages coming in.If we pay anything before then it would leave us short when Mays payments come in.It should hopefully continue ok from then.Trouble is it is now 6 payments we owe approx 3400.Hopefully the judge willl understand the situation.Who knows.Please exscuse nervousness.I see most people get suspended repossession but feel there could be a exception due to arrears.Most people seem to have paid something but we will not be able to till Mays payment is due.Cant help but feel this looks bad.

Hi again tawnyowl.

As long as you can show you can make regular payments plus a reasonable amount towards the arrears, then I'm sure you will get it suspended.

We had £6600 arrears and had made no payment for 6 weeks prior to our hearing and the DJ was sympathetic and agreed a suspended repossession order, it was also the second time in 11 months we'd had to do it. The DJ also ordered the first payment to be when hubby got paid, as we had the paperwork with us to prove this.

I'm sure you will be fine and will be thinking of you.

Mr & Mrs Ananya's story so far -

Welcome Finance - account closed - no CCA - 02/07 - £1500

NatWest - settled in full 09/06 - £600

NatWest - settled in full 06/07 - £72

Verso - Settled in full 07/08 - £2002

C.K. Edrupt/Provident - account closed - no CCA - 04/07 - £640

Littlewoods/Shop Direct - 2 accounts closed - Statute Barred - 04/10 - £800

D.C.A.s who've given up so far -10

• 3 weeks later...

Latest-

1 - Case put back to next week.

2 - Have managed to find about four months extra work-should be able to build on it.

3-So long as judge agrees to 60.00 extra per month.

4-Feeling the pressure-but thanks for help given.

keep going dont give in

U will beat these nasty ppl.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

tawnyowl,in reply to your posts:

Please answer the following questions:

1.How much did you borrow from Kensington initially?

2.How much you you currently owe Kensington?

3.What is the value of your house roughly?

4.How many years is your original mortgage term? i.e.20 years/25 years?

5.How many years are remaining on the mortgage term?

6.Are you repaying the mortgage on a Capital & Interest or Interest only basis?

7.What is your regular monthly instalment - do not include any arrears or arrangement amount?

The answers to the above questions should hopefully enable me to assist you further.

Hi Tawnyowl, good luck for tomorrow - make sure you give the judge your statement (take 3 copies with you).

Will be thinking about you.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Fingers, toes and everything crossed for you;)

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks