Lowell change of tactic?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5983 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

ANOTHER Lowell victim here.

Anyway, I got my letter last week asking if I could confirm my address details. I haven't lived there for 14 years so ignored it. Yesterday I got the letter telling me they had bought a 14 year old Barclaycard debt (from when I was a student - though I rang Barclaycard at the time who told me to forget about it as they weren't going to bother chasing me any more).

Anyhow, I was just about to pop the letter in the post thay everyone on here recommends about the statute barred status, when I noticed that they hadn't actually mentioned on the letter how old the debt was. They have simply put that they bought the debt in Dec '07 and that I owe them the £200.

If I send this letter which states that debts beyond 6 years are statute barred, it seems that I am acknowledging the debt. At no point have they mentioned an age to the debt.

Am I being over-paranoid, or is this a change of tack by this bunch of shameless parasites designed to trip me up?

This forum is a fantastic help, but I definitely don't want to engage these bowels unless I am fully confident of the victory.

Once again, sorry if I'm going over well trodden ground, but it seems to me that I am one of plenty in need of the help this site can provide.

Many thanks,

"Brett"

Dont even bother to waste a stamp.

How many Lowell threads have there been on here the last week or so?

Everyone the same thing, they might write again, just ignore.

Others are saying that they bought a shed load of old BC out of dates in December and are trying to cashin!!!

I thought as much, and have no problem ignoring them, but I thought maybe they had altered their wording. I'm sure they read this forum too so was thinking maybe they'd decided to take a different approach.

For what it's worth, I couldn't give a flying one about these people, what gets my goat is the fact that many others will be scared witless by what can only be described as intimidation and scare tactics.

I recieved one of these yesterday. Again it was a Barclaycard, with no listing to the age of the debt.

Was going to write the statute barred letter when i spotter this. So, not going to bother now. Will wait and see what next.

Strangely they say in the letter that request that all communications should be addressed to Red Debt Collection Services, whos address is a PO box.

Well as i said am going to play this out and see what happens.

You should send the Statute Barred letter. It leaves the idiots in no doubt. It also means that if they continue to chase you for it you can report them to Trading Standards and the OFT.

Much better than letting them get away with sending their nasty letters.

THink of it as doing yourbit for the environment. Look at all the rain forests you will save

To be honest if this is Lowells FIRST approach on this debt then file under ignore, especially as this tactic contravenes the OFT collection guidelines.

Once they respond with something more concrete, THEN hit them with a Statute Barred letter.

Thsi recent tactic is currently being investigated by Leeds TS and questions are being asked about Lowells fitness to hold a Consumer Credit Licence.;)

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

I recieved one of these yesterday. Again it was a Barclaycard, with no listing to the age of the debt.

Was going to write the statute barred letter when i spotter this. So, not going to bother now. Will wait and see what next.

Strangely they say in the letter that request that all communications should be addressed to Red Debt Collection Services, whos address is a PO box.

Well as i said am going to play this out and see what happens.

You might not be too suprised to hear that `Red Debt Collection Services` are contactable by phone on the same number as `Lowell`

I wonder what company name Lowell will think of next - `Blue Debt Collection Services`?? or maybe they will give it some real thought and call it `Green Debt Collection Services`, lets face it Lowell have no credentials, so at least they could then claim they had `Green` credentials.

I wonder who made the decision at Lowell to buy up these barred debts, someone with a very embarressd `Red` face no doubt.

Treat them with the contempt they deserve!

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- SETTLED IN FULL:eek:

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

You might not be too suprised to hear that `Red Debt Collection Services` are contactable by phone on the same number as `Lowell`

I wonder what company name Lowell will think of next - `Blue Debt Collection Services`?? or maybe they will give it some real thought and call it `Green Debt Collection Services`, lets face it Lowell have no credentials, so at least they could then claim they had `Green` credentials.

I wonder who made the decision at Lowell to buy up these barred debts, someone with a very embarressd `Red` face no doubt.

Domt forget the Lowell empire is up for sale. The purchase of Millions of pounds of Barclaycard debts for buttons makes Lowells Portfolio look good on paper to any prospective purchaser. Why let a little thing like the FACT they are unenforcable bother anyone. Due to the type of threatening letters that Lowells/Red send out the majority of people will feel intimidated into paying

Yes I wonder what happened to the silly yellow postcard division:D

Is there a precedent in place whereby I may be able to send a jiffy bag full of dog-eggs to the PO Box on these letters?

It occured to me this morning that if we all did this and put "care of Barclaycard's very old debts" on the front, they may decide to give it a rest?

Just a thought, brought a smile to my face.

You should send the Statute Barred letter. It leaves the idiots in no doubt. It also means that if they continue to chase you for it you can report them to Trading Standards and the OFT.

Much better than letting them get away with sending their nasty letters.

THink of it as doing yourbit for the environment. Look at all the rain forests you will save

Ha ha.

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

Is there a precedent in place whereby I may be able to send a jiffy bag full of dog-eggs to the PO Box on these letters?

It occured to me this morning that if we all did this and put "care of Barclaycard's very old debts" on the front, they may decide to give it a rest?

Just a thought, brought a smile to my face.

Unfortunately it is an offence to send noxious items through the mail.

Still that doesnt seem to stop the pooh that certain DCAs post.:shock: