Too Many Posts Going Unanswered: Your Help Needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are lots of unanswered postS,come-on CAGGERS Help the Newbies

Cheers B4E

NEVER TALK TO A ---D.C.A ON THE TELE[PHONE UNLESS YOU`RE DMD

GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...AG-LIBEL-2.jpg

forum-rules-please-read

ConsumerWiki - A-Z Index

PLEASE DONATE TO CAG,EVERY LITTLE HELPS

BUMP

• 3 weeks later...
Every week there are, on average, upwards of 80-100 new posts that don't receive a reply ( and at a time when the forum is relatively quiet). Obviously there is a percentage that quite clearly don't necessarily need a response, but if you are a first time poster, it can be dispiriting not to receive any answer at all.

All you need to do is click on Search and then Advanced Search:

AdvancedSearch.jpg

In the Search Options box:

SearchOptions.jpg

Change 'At Least' to 'At Most' and select either 'Your Last Visit', 'Yesterday' or 'Last Week' and click on the Search Now button.

Or you can just click here. (thanks to Barracad)

Even if you don't know the answer to the query, just a word of support or encouragement will bump it, where hopefully it can be seen by someone with more expert knowledge.

So please try and make a '0 Search' whenever you can and help keep '0 replies' to a minimum.

Apologies, found it now....;)

• 2 months later...

Done a few, the site is great many people are just not up to the job of researching, so it gets a bit grim helping out dim / lazy people, who will keep coming back asking you to do all the work for them.

A newbie, only offering general commentary.

Get stuck contact the site team.

If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

Done a few, the site is great many people are just not up to the job of researching, so it gets a bit grim helping out dim / lazy people, who will keep coming back asking you to do all the work for them.

A bit harsh Rex. There's a lot of information on the site but it can be hard to navigate at times. The site is about helping yourself, but sometimes it just takes a bit of a helping hand to point people in the right direction so they can help themselves. When you're stressed it can be hard to see the wood for the trees.

Sometimes all it takes is links to maybe the FAQ's http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

A to Z http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/69359-cant-find-what-youre.html

Statutes Library http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cases-library/

or any of the other CAG libraries, and indeed some of the threads marked **WON**, or ongoing cases which have similarities to their own.

It takes time for people to gain the confidence to take everything in, but I agree, people must be prepared to put the time in to do the work themselves. At the end of the day, if they go to court, they'll have a much better understanding if they put their cases together themselves and more able to see off their opponents.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

:eek:

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Goldlady not you of course Dalmations are known for their intelligence and sang-froid.

Yes, probably a bit too sweeping a generalisation about first timers, some are charming.

A newbie, only offering general commentary.

Get stuck contact the site team.

If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

Hello l've bumped a few and given a welcome to a few more, sorry l don't feel clever enough to actually give any advice!

The most important thing is to get the posts which are unanswered back up to the top Elliesnan. It doesn't really matter whether you can offer any advice or not, the fact that you have bumped the post up will pop a sub into the OP's e-mails and also bring it to the attention of other members who may have some experience on the OP's situation but may not have been around for a few days ;)

Goldlady not you of course Dalmations are known for their intelligence and sang-froid.

Yes, probably a bit too sweeping a generalisation about first timers, some are charming.

What you have to realise Rex is that some people may never have been on a forum before and may be generally panicking and looking for help urgently. I know because I was one of them :eek: I didn't even know where the Welcome Forum was :D

We're all here to help each other in whatever way we can :)

hiya all

i know in the past ive tried to have a go, and i feel that even if i can offer a welcome to the site message, and assure the new poster that more experienced people will come along soon, and if they have had no reponse to bump it up

at least its a small gesture that there are people here to help

it does take time to go through the site, and it is about self learning too, im forever learning from others and the site every day

i just wanted to promise now i will tackle each day as much as i can to new posters

take care all laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Thanks angel.:)

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Old_andrew2018

I've previously mentioned the amount of news/rss feeds there are, it is difficult to help people if one has to wade through pages of these feeds, some information is quite old.

Can anything be done.

Andy

I've asked Webmaster to look into this.

yes ive noticed re this too, when ive posted a few replies over the past couple of days

i try to go back a week cos im here most days but then get diverted,,,lol

or distracted by all this other stuff i go and read,,,

but ive done a few anyway but yes most helpful if those types can be stored in one area then anyone with a few mins spare for reading purposes can take a gander

ta muchly

laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Ive not read all of this thread so not sure if it has been put forward but it might be worth asking the administrators if there could be something put in place so that when people are getting advice and then halfway through it then no one is helps and advice goes quiet. Seen loads whereby they've been bumped and then no one helps.

So for example if the thread gets bumped twice it shows in a search as well.

Must admit Im still to chicken to give advice sometimes, I sometimes get half way through writing something then press delete as dont want to give the wrong advice I think its down to all the legal words I find difficult to understand :p

Much praise to the site though as its helped me and my family no end :D

• Haha 1

Me

A&L - Overdraft / Charges On Hold £300

Mum v's the DCA

NatWest. No CCA - For around 6 months no DCA has chased for this amount :D

MBNA. No CCA - First Court Claim :( Panicking. Just about to start the small claims

Lloyds TSB. Overdraft / Charges On Hold Waiting for test case

Sister

Halifax - No CCA. Keep getting the man and his dog chasing, again the 'go away' letter is sent :p

M&S - Have CCA. Nothing for 2 years from anyone?! :)

Argos - No CCA or DCA involved for over 2 years now :)

Next - No CCA or DCA involved for over 2 years now :)

4 x Others accepting token payments of £1 as CCA in place.

Keeksta, if posts are bumped and there is no response and you feel urgent help is needed, hit the triangle (bottom right) and report the post to ask the Site Team for help. Only do this if you feel that a response is needed "urgently" though - don't forget, the Site Team are few and voluntary and CAG is a massive site ;)

So for example if the thread gets bumped twice it shows in a search as well.

I think that's a very good idea :) Yet another one for Webby to sort!

Must admit Im still to chicken to give advice sometimes, I sometimes get half way through writing something then press delete as dont want to give the wrong advice I think its down to all the legal words I find difficult to understand
No one will chastise you for trying to help but will correct you if your advice is not quite right. I would rather try and help and have someone tell me I've not got it totally right than not help at all - after all, we are all learning all the time. If you're not sure of the legal jargon (I'm not good at this either lol), then explain it in laymans terms or as you understand it, often that is what is more understandable for some, if that makes sense. Someone will correct you if they think that what you have posted is incorrect.

If you don't know what advice to give, then a simple "bump" will help many - I've done it myself on several occasions :D

Do read through this thread from the beginning, there's lots of good info and it will help you to help others.

We have all been helped through CAG and it feels good to put something back in return :)

Don't worry about getting everything into legalese. Don't forget that we're litigants in person in court if we have no solicitor, and the judges don't expect it to be done the same way as the professionals would do. As long as the content is there, that's the main thing.

Any help is always much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I would give this thread a nudge :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

subb

Check out the threads below for updates on the DCA's that I am dealing with.

GE Money/CL Finance/Howard Cohen & Co - AND - Aktiv Kapital/Appleton Massey Solicitors - IN COURT

Cabot x 2 for Vanquis & Hitatchi - DEFAULTED ON CCA REQUEST

Lowell for Capital One - CANCELLED DEBT!! Trying to get Default removed now

Moorcroft x 2 for Halifax Loan & Bank Account - RETURNED TO HALIFAX

Wescot for Halifax Bank Account - RETURNED TO HALIFAX

Cap Quest for Argos Card - RETURNED TO ARGOS

Thanks Andy. The more we all help each other the better.;)