Too Many Posts Going Unanswered: Your Help Needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

But Michael if you don't know the answer is it really acceptable to BUMP as it causes problems for the site.

Personally I rarely use 'bump', since I'd hope someone who knew the answer would reply, on the other hand at least it puts the thread on top again. Although there are still 68 threads in the last month with just 'bump' as the only reply, so even that only works some of the time. How to solve it is another question I don't know the answer to:rolleyes:

In what way does it cause problems for the site?

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Old_andrew2018

Dont know why but I managed to upset the site team who complained "about being snowed under" hence I dont "BUMP" cant personally see what the fuss was about, and a shame really because I'd hope if I was worried enough to start a thread even someone "Bumping" would show that we do care.

Andy

Dont know why but I managed to upset the site team who complained "about being snowed under" hence I dont "BUMP"

If that's true then the purpose of this thread is pretty well redundant and the whole thread might as well be deleted. If the site team aren't bothered about unanswered threads, I don't see why anybody else should be either.

Maybe they were talking about the red triangle, which flags up the thread for site team attention. Just posting 'bump' on the thread won't do that, it merely brings the thread to the top of the forum again as any new post will.

Can't imagine why bumping a thread is a problem, especially if the thread has been unanswered for a while. Admittedly it will no longer show as having no replies, but it will bring the thread back to the top of the list, and let the OP know that they have not been ignored.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Guest Old_andrew2018

I don't see BUMPING being a problem but clearly some do, I usually looked at threads unanswered for a few days, the only problem I found was wading through those blinking news feeds which in my opinion clog up the site.

Andy

I for one realise that good people on here offer their advice voluntarily but I have been so deflated at times when no responses ever come even tried PM cag members/site team get worried as might be regarded as a bloody nuiscance but it does get very frustrating wish I had particular knowledge to offer advice to posters I know posters have to remain patient and hopefully someone comes along but more than often the poster needs advice quickly and quite often no one comes along if someone does come along sadly they don`t have the answer and advise you to contact someone else or wait for someone else it is frustrating at times

If you've been waiting a while for help you can always press the red triangle to report a post and the site team will help if they can. That said, it's down to us all to help each other if we can, and help from everyone is appreciated. Even a word of welcome, support and encouragement can help sometimes, and it helps to bump a thread to the top of the list again.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

hiya all

i have a new pc and thus i promise to at least give a welcoming post to anyone i come across or search out weekly who have not had any reply as i remember always the huge help i had in my initial posts here

and the continuing help im being given currently so i pledge to you i hope to reply what i can weekly

keep up the good work everyone

laters angel x:)

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Guest Old_andrew2018

Last month I would have said if a thread had gone a few days then BUMP it as at least the OP will have another change for help, may be I BUMPED too many posts hence the rebuke.

I try to set aside an hour per day to answer zero posts. Sometimes it is just a case of googling the ops question then posting the link to the information needed. Simples;)

Old Andrew must think I am his personal CAG stalker as I tend to follow him around when he bumps threads and try to help the op where possible. :D

Don't worry Laura. The more you do the more you learn, and very often a link is enough to set people off in the right direction.

If I don't know the answer, I'll very often ask a question or ask for more information which may give a clue on where to find more help, or spark a discussion which leads on to the answers.

• 4 weeks later...
Every week there are, on average, upwards of 80-100 new posts that don't receive a reply ( and at a time when the forum is relatively quiet). Obviously there is a percentage that quite clearly don't necessarily need a response, but if you are a first time poster, it can be dispiriting not to receive any answer at all.

All you need to do is click on Search and then Advanced Search:

AdvancedSearch.jpg

In the Search Options box:

SearchOptions.jpg

Change 'At Least' to 'At Most' and select either 'Your Last Visit', 'Yesterday' or 'Last Week' and click on the Search Now button.

Or you can just click here. (thanks to Barracad)

Even if you don't know the answer to the query, just a word of support or encouragement will bump it, where hopefully it can be seen by someone with more expert knowledge.

So please try and make a '0 Search' whenever you can and help keep '0 replies' to a minimum.

Michael any chance of advising please on a pm I sent you on 19th April:)

Any chance Michael, Saintly_1 of answering or telling me to get lost to my pm anything at all better than nothing at all don`t want to put it on the site yet can`t get any advice to it sorry to be such a pest but posters get desperate when they can`t get any help I know you guys give your time for free but I`m so needing help pleaseeeeeeeee:)

It is better to keep questions on your thread that way if anything that is said is wrong then there is more chance of it being picked up on ..... also your not limited to the advice of just one or two posters

Can you post a link please Laura.