Need peoples opinions on private parking ticket(pictures enclosed)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone, basically i was parked on the (free) car park of a local retail park and overstayed the maximum 2 hours. they want £80 or £40 if i cough up fast. there's zero cctv anywhere on the carpark and i have no intention of paying. i've provided pictures of their signs, ticket and the joke bag it came in below. thanks for any advice:)

ImageShack - Hosting :: p1010199js5.jpg

http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ccf0501200800000tz2.jpg

ImageShack - Hosting :: p1010198ha4.jpg

i think it's best if you copy and paste the links as i've put them on full size so you can have a proper look.

hi everyone, basically i was parked on the (free) car park of a local retail park and overstayed the maximum 2 hours. they want £80 or £40 if i cough up fast. there's zero cctv anywhere on the carpark and i have no intention of paying. i've provided pictures of their signs, ticket and the joke bag it came in below. thanks for any advice:)

ImageShack - Hosting :: p1010199js5.jpg

ImageShack - Hosting :: ccf0501200800000tz2.jpg

ImageShack - Hosting :: p1010198ha4.jpg

i think it's best if you copy and paste the links as i've put them on full size so you can have a proper look.

They are quoting tresspass on their sign. As I understand tresspass they can only claim for actual damages caused. If this is a free car park then their actual damages are nil. As the car is now removed there is no trespass occurring so they can longer claim damages.

Their choice of envelope is interesting as is their notice. They are both similiar to official documents. The plastic notice is complete BS as it's only an invoice and has all the legal authority of a toy policeman.

The sign is to cover compliance with the Security Industries Act because they are clamping. Question is was it the only one or were there others around and how high above the ground is it located. Did you understand it? Did you see when you parked? These are all questions to challenge it's validity if you get clamped.

As they've only invoiced you I would ignore it and wait until they write to you as the RK (Make them obtain your address from the DVLA - it costs them money). Then tell them politely to stick it up their rear orifice. See the template letters for the nice way to do that.

Good luck

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

on the ticket it states photographic evidence will only be produced in court

this is horse s--t

any image assertaining to you must be released under the data protection act if requested

that goes for the police as well cctv

on the ticket it states photographic evidence will only be produced in court

this is horse s--t

any image assertaining to you must be released under the data protection act if requested

that goes for the police as well cctv

Also, under rules of disclosure, the pictures would have to be released to the defendant, prior to actual court appearance in order than they may be taken in to consideration for compiling the defence documentation.

Should anything new [from either side] actually be produced in court, this would be dismissed by the judge as not admisable.

And preferably a law enforcement officer - closely followed by the words: "I'm arresting you ...".

Ive been reading their website and they even state that they issue PCN's but I notice on the ticket they refer them as FPN's bit of a contradiction there perhaps. their website makes interesting reading plus video of the MD himself on TV.. paints himself as a saint and that hes saving England from the terrors of motorists .. well I exaggerated a little but he tries to paint a pretty picture any way lol

so your saying i should politely tell them to get stuffed and use the template letters if they follow up?

also what are my chances of going to court over this and if i did would they have a case? has anyone heard of these jokers taking any action before?