Car Battery return rights, if any?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

8 days ago I purchased a car battery from a small local car parts retailer, which comes with a 2 yr warranty. I continued to experience problems starting the car and have now discovered the problem to be something else and, in fact, there is nothing wrong with the original battery (which I retained).

My question is, do I have any rights to return the new battery at all? It isn't faulty, and it's basically in unused condition as the car hasn't worked since I installed it because, as I say, it wasn't the issue.

No.

You can ask if they'll take it back and give you a refund, but they're under no obligation to.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

what was causing the original problem???

Alternator. ?

Its a bummer when that happens, the battery retailers may take it back if your lucky...but dont EXPECT it to happen.

Just~me.

Please dont think the picture is me.!!! I couldnt find one of myself so decided to use one of the wife. :):)

Turns out it was the fan belt, must have snapped as it's completely gone!

Thanks for all your comments, that is what I suspected, just hoped there might be an option I hadn't considered. Will ask the retailer if he'll take it back, if not I suppose I could try reselling it.

Thanks again :-)

If your old battery is still in good condition, keep some charge in it as a completely flat battery will not accept a charge and will be of no use when you do eventually come to use it, unless your taking it to the recycle center that is.

The only way you would have a right to return it is if the shop has a sign on display offering a return policy.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.